• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I also watched Code 8 which is a predictable, generic Robocop meets X-Men thing where mutants try to co-exist with humans but blah blah decide to do a bank job to make money to pay debts and save the world blah blah. Meh.

I also watched Support the Girls which is pretty boring, some women run a Hooters style bar but nothing really happens, don't bother.

I also watched Spy because my wife wanted to watch it. It is a spoof of James Bond starring Jude Law and that fat US comedienne. Had grave reservations but I actually laughed a few times, it was a lot better than expected. Rubbish but fine.

All Netflix.
Doesn't compute.

Watched April 9th, very decent Danish war film, can I just say to our Danish friends ...taking on the Nazis with soldiers on 'push bike squadrons' was probably not gonna cut it.:D

Also Chemical Romance....I liked this as well.

None of this mind blowing but all good stuff.

If Borat is on prime I'll check it out.

I also watched Code 8 which is a predictable, generic Robocop meets X-Men thing where mutants try to co-exist with humans but blah blah decide to do a bank job to make money to pay debts and save the world blah blah. Meh.

I also watched Support the Girls which is pretty boring, some women run a Hooters style bar but nothing really happens, don't bother.

I also watched Spy because my wife wanted to watch it. It is a spoof of James Bond starring Jude Law and that fat US comedienne. Had grave reservations but I actually laughed a few times, it was a lot better than expected. Rubbish but fine.

All Netflix.

I ended up stopping Support The Girls half way through. I agree, nothing happens. I was disappointed because I'd read good reviews.

I enjoyed Spy. It's good fun. I think that Melissa McCarthy is a good actress and normally very watchable. Jude Law and Jason Statham are good value too.

Game Night on Netflix is worth a watch for an unchallenging popcorn movie. Tag on Prime I'd put in the same camp too.

The Secrets We Keep.

Watched this yesterday, think it's really good. Gets 5/10 on IMDB which just shows those ratings don't mean much. I recommend it.

In post-WWII America, a woman, rebuilding her life in the suburbs with her husband, kidnaps her neighbor and seeks vengeance for the heinous war crimes she believes he committed against her.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9252488/

In before the lockdown. Just got to see Honest Thief before our Odeon closed

If like Liam Neesom you will like this

Saw a film on film 4 this week The Post. It was a very good account of the the Washington Post publishing the Pentagon Papers which displayed successive President going back to Truman knew the Vietnham War was unwinnable for the US yet all still poured millions of dollars and thousands of lives into the project. Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks are very good as the owner and editor. Having spent my entire working life in the print media I'm a sucker for this type of story. No tits, no swearing and just a bit of violence to set the stage in Vietnham or French Indochina as it was when I was a kid.

Saw a film on film 4 this week The Post. It was a very good account of the the Washington Post publishing the Pentagon Papers which displayed successive President going back to Truman knew the Vietnham War was unwinnable for the US yet all still poured millions of dollars and thousands of lives into the project. Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks are very good as the owner and editor. Having spent my entire working life in the print media I'm a sucker for this type of story. No tits, no swearing and just a bit of violence to set the stage in Vietnham or French Indochina as it was when I was a kid.

so the post doesn't have a page 3?

The film sounds ok, it's on my list to watch!

Have you seen Spotlight? It’s brilliant and a similar process

Back