• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched Queen and Slim on prime...it's pretty good. 6/7 out of 10.

It really takes quite a lot these days for a film to resonate with me.
I couldn't stand the "actors" doing their "acting". That guy is SOOOO fake it really rankles with me. Terrible actor. I hated him in that other film he got props for, where all the folk are racist robots or somesuch.

I thought it was nice. Obviously, owes a big debt to Tom Sawyer/Huckleberry Finn. I love the scenery

Loved it. Best film I have seen in ages and I'm not a fan of the lead actor. Very good movie.

Watch Florida I think it is called. Movie shot on mobile phones about people living in a hotel near the theme parks. Amazing movie.

That's it.

Watch it mate. Amazing, sad at times but the way the hotel manager looked out for them was cute. Just an amazing movie and maybe the best I have seen in the last ten years.

It was on my list but had forgotten about it. I will definitely check it, it sounds right up my street.

Have you seen Leave No Trace?

It was on my list but had forgotten about it. I will definitely check it, it sounds right up my street.

Have you seen Leave No Trace?

No I have not seen it. What is it about? I think we have similar tastes in movies. Independent movies with a good story are my thing.

No I have not seen it. What is it about? I think we have similar tastes in movies. Independent movies with a good story are my thing.

A father and daughter are living in the woods outside Oregon. They are discovered and forced into sheltered housing. Then do a runner.

There's more to it than that but I don't want to spoil it.

Beautiful countryside. Really strong performances from the leads.

A father and daughter are living in the woods outside Oregon. They are discovered and forced into sheltered housing. Then do a runner.

There's more to it than that but I don't want to spoil it.

Beautiful countryside. Really strong performances from the leads.

Will give it a go. Sounds my sort of thing. Believe it or not but thanks to the wife I watch foreign movies as well.

Got round to watching The Social Dilemma tonight (Netflix).

Some areas of my work touches on this so I've taken more than a passing interest before.

It doesn't require too higher level of thinking to have the presence of mind to realise this is going on, this is the deal. I agree with Tristan Harris this is basically human downgrading in action. It works on so many levels and pushes all the buttons that basically make human beings vulnerable/consumed/distracted/addicted/anxious/extreme etc etc. It's a good watch, none of it really debatable (imo) and it's the biggest stored up issue, alongside our abuse of the world, we face.

Got round to watching The Social Dilemma tonight (Netflix).

Some areas of my work touches on this so I've taken more than a passing interest before.

It doesn't require too higher level of thinking to have the presence of mind to realise this is going on, this is the deal. I agree with Tristan Harris this is basically human downgrading in action. It works on so many levels and pushes all the buttons that basically make human beings vulnerable/consumed/distracted/addicted/anxious/extreme etc etc. It's a good watch, none of it really debatable (imo) and it's the biggest stored up issue, alongside our abuse of the world, we face.

It's on my list. I'll bump it up a bit

I watched 'Honey Boy' over the weekend. one of the better films i have caught lately. Great acting all round from the main characters. Obviously to get the tone, feeling, atmosphere right is helped when its virtually a biopic of the lead actor.

I also watched Code 8 which is a predictable, generic Robocop meets X-Men thing where mutants try to co-exist with humans but blah blah decide to do a bank job to make money to pay debts and save the world blah blah. Meh.

I also watched Support the Girls which is pretty boring, some women run a Hooters style bar but nothing really happens, don't bother.

I also watched Spy because my wife wanted to watch it. It is a spoof of James Bond starring Jude Law and that fat US comedienne. Had grave reservations but I actually laughed a few times, it was a lot better than expected. Rubbish but fine.

All Netflix.

Back