• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Yeh I liked it, also didn’t know the story so always nice to go in blind.

Keaton has a little Indian summer with that and Birdman etc
Yeah I'm liking lockdown for randomly catching up on some films that take my fancy BUT have little pre knowledge about. Just keeps the expectations low.

Yeah I'm liking lockdown for randomly catching up on some films that take my fancy BUT have little pre knowledge about. Just keeps the expectations low.

Yeh same, found myself just watching anything on the TCMs and Sony Pictures anD finding some great films I haven’t seen. Watched Key Largo today and The Cincinnati Kid with Steve McQueen which I have seen before which is an absolute barnstormer

Yeh same, found myself just watching anything on the TCMs and Sony Pictures anD finding some great films I haven’t seen. Watched Key Largo today and The Cincinnati Kid with Steve McQueen which I have seen before which is an absolute barnstormer
On that note....just scanned iPlayer...and 99 Homes...looks good, so off to watch that...half tonight..half tomorrow.

Also add Spotlight to that list , he was good in it to.
Well worth a watch for those that have not seen it.

I have not seen it so will go into the black book.

I was recommended out of the furnace from the same director as Crazy Heat (I loved that) got a stella cast and bombed a little, apparently its a corker, anyone seen it?

I have not seen it so will go into the black book.

I was recommended out of the furnace from the same director as Crazy Heat (I loved that) got a stella cast and bombed a little, apparently its a corker, anyone seen it?

I have seen that. Christian Bale film. I thought it was ok. Only seen it the once a long while ago tho.Mostly remember it for a song they used in soundtrack. Pearl Jam - Release. Weird how films do that or music vice versa

Spotlight is great
And again a hell of a story
Only saw it recently and remember the news story’s when it happened but never realised the scale of the scandal. The film was very good I know it was made few years back now but one of the better films I’ve seen in a while.

On that note....just scanned iPlayer...and 99 Homes...looks good, so off to watch that...half tonight..half tomorrow.

I'm just going to say straight off the bat and I don't want to get too personal bud! People who intend to watch a film in two sittings worry me a bit. If it's the Irishman or ROTK extended version and you have serious life responsibilities or something I guess it's fair enough but otherwise it's totally not cool....It's like planning to eat half a sandwich or intending to listen to Dark Side of the Moon in a couple of sittings. imo proper weird.

I'm just going to say straight off the bat and I don't want to get too personal bud! People who intend to watch a film in two sittings worry me a bit. If it's the Irishman or ROTK extended version and you have serious life responsibilities or something I guess it's fair enough but otherwise it's totally not cool....It's like planning to eat half a sandwich or intending to listen to Dark Side of the Moon in a couple of sittings. imo proper weird.

I did the GrindHouse Box Set in one sitting

On the Irishman the more I look back, more I did not like, although I have to say the guy from Everyone Hates Raymond surprised me, he was decent.

Would you mind telling me what the fcuk birdman was about?

I took it as a slight on 90% of bricky comic book films released in the recent Marvel dirge-fest but also an inside look in to what goes in to stage production as well as what goes in to life itself. In a way it is art taking the tinkle out of art itself which is why love it. Plus how the score was inbuilt in to the film itself was fuuucking marvellous.

I did the GrindHouse Box Set in one sitting

On the Irishman the more I look back, more I did not like, although I have to say the guy from Everyone Hates Raymond surprised me, he was decent.

Unfortunately I haven't seen either fella! Just an example of a long film but I like it when an actor you previously thought was a bit mediocre from sitcoms comes good, that's like David Schwimmer in Band of Brothers for me! The Irishman is on my list but also Once upon a Time in America is there and more realistic cause it's on prime. One sitting is easy enough with a bottle of terrible scotch for a companion.

I took it as a slight on 90% of bricky comic book films released in the recent Marvel dirge-fest but also an inside look in to what goes in to stage production as well as what goes in to life itself. In a way it is art taking the tinkle out of art itself which is why love it. Plus how the score was inbuilt in to the film itself was fuuucking marvellous.

I quite enjoyed it.

Unfortunately I haven't seen either fella! Just an example of a long film but I like it when an actor you previously thought was a bit mediocre from sitcoms comes good, that's like David Schwimmer in Band of Brothers for me! The Irishman is on my list but also Once upon a Time in America is there and more realistic cause it's on prime. One sitting is easy enough with a bottle of terrible scotch for a companion.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood? I watched that with my dad and at end my dad turned and said "I didn't get it but didn't wanna say as I thought you were enjoying" and I looked back and said same ha, I need to watch again.

Sorry but the kids being mental and having a house to build leaves me with a short window.

I could watch it all but I'd either fall asleep or fudge up tomorrow s schedule. I did an hour tonight, now off to zzzzzzland.

Back