• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Thats fair, its not for everyone.

I tend to enjoy blockbuster escapism, Ive no issue with "popcorn" movies, so I get along fine with this.

Most are quite forgettable, some are rather good though.

Ha i ended up turning it off at some point - always cave in to the hype with these comic book movies and generally end up dissapointed with what i see.

I like some of the earlier ones by proper indie directors - Burton's two Batmans, Raimi's three Spidermans, Nolan's three Batmans and Ang Lee's Hulk. The Blade and original X-men trilogies, plus the standalone Watchmen and Darkman films are pretty good too.

But I can't watch anything new now, they have just become so cliched and passe

I watched (much hyped) You Were Never Really Here tonight

As usual with slightly arty films where there is quite a bit of silence and flashbacks and staring into space, I spend half the film messing about online and then have to check Wikipedia to follow the plot. I thought it was fairly good, if you like to watch hitmen and paedos getting hammered to death with hammers.

I liked Ready Player One, I’ve wstched it twice now.

I also liked A Quiet Place, but it wasn’t scary, and too many plot holes.

Watched Yakuza Apocolypse the other night, as I quite like a good Takashi Miike film. WALOB.
Starts off as a decent enough Japanese mafia film, then when the boss dies, it's revealed he's
a vampire and he passes his powers on to the new guy
. The rival gang then realise the only way to defeat him, is to call in the baddest warrior there is:
tiff-yakuza-apocalypse-620x268.jpg

Watched Yakuza Apocolypse the other night, as I quite like a good Takashi Miike film. WALOB.
Starts off as a decent enough Japanese mafia film, then when the boss dies, it's revealed he's
. The rival gang then realise the only way to defeat him, is to call in the baddest warrior there is:

I gave it two stars out of ten, but I couldn't tell you now why it deserved more than one. I seem to remember that not only did it have a terrible storyline, but it was quite poorly done as well. When someone makes about ten movies a year like Miike does, some of them are bound to suck.

Almost as odd as his film Visitor Q, but not sure anything else is quite that odd

Back