• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

You can tell its an international break.

Watched Darkest Hour last night. I'm going for a 6.5/10
Acting is excellent.

Maybe it's a just a story that has been told too often.

Did Churchill really go on the tube?

You can tell its an international break.

Watched Darkest Hour last night. I'm going for a 6.5/10
Acting is excellent.

Maybe it's a just a story that has been told too often.

Did Churchill really go on the tube?
artistic licence I’m sure! He apparantely often went missing though and was found talking to members of the public, so they probably just played on that. I enjoyed the film 7/10 for me.

Watched LA92 on Netflix last night, really good. Was a bit too young to fully appreciate the issues and the severity of the troubles at the time. The LAPD and the justice system have a lot to answer for, absolutely shocking!

artistic licence I’m sure! He apparantely often went missing though and was found talking to members of the public, so they probably just played on that. I enjoyed the film 7/10 for me.

Watched LA92 on Netflix last night, really good. Was a bit too young to fully appreciate the issues and the severity of the troubles at the time. The LAPD and the justice system have a lot to answer for, absolutely shocking!

I'll have a look at LA92

LA 92 was well made and brought back some horrible memories. Brought back some of the events in London.
As you say, shocking!

Thank for bringing to my attamtion but it was not enjoyable viewing. But recommend nonetheless.

Was literally talking about this last night

Add I Daniel Blake to your list and selfish giant too if you haven’t seen them

Thanks, I'll give them a go...

I definitely prefer acting films over cgi films. Give me 12 angry men/cool hand luke/hustler over independence day every time

For anyone who may not have seen Dead Man's Shoes, it's on Film4 Saturday night.

Awesome film

I drove round some of the location from that when I was in Matlock a few years ago. Riber Castle where the end is filmed is quite a haunting place (though now being converted into flats)

Paddy Considine's new film Jouneyman is very good too. I went to the premier and a Q&A session a few weeks ago. It's not quite as dark as Tyrannosaur, but is very affecting

I loved it, it just revelled in the absurdity of it all and had a lot of fun.

There were odd bits where really quite "big" things happened that were basically dismissed.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ha i ended up turning it off at some point - always cave in to the hype with these comic book movies and generally end up dissapointed with what i see.

Back