• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Annihilation.

Same director as Ex Machina, which I loved. Strong cast. Great effects. Interesting premise. Some stunning visuals.

And yet, I just kind of didnt like it. Its missing something for me, its lacking heart maybe, something to connect to.

No real arc or development. Things happen, the end.

Just watched it - totally agree with all of that.

I was actually really enjoying it until the lighthouse - then the ending just left me feeling totally flat.

Baby Driver was too hyped up, I liked it, but it didn’t live up to the billing for me.

Two under the radar films: The Long Good Friday, why isn’t it recognised as a British classic? Maybe it is and I missed it.

Lincoln Lawyer

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
The long good Friday is held up as a British classic.

Have now watched The Greatest Showman twice now, it's absolutely fantastic as a film

Never thought I'd like a film like this but it's really worth a watch

Annihilation.

Same director as Ex Machina, which I loved. Strong cast. Great effects. Interesting premise. Some stunning visuals.

And yet, I just kind of didnt like it. Its missing something for me, its lacking heart maybe, something to connect to.

No real arc or development. Things happen, the end.
Utter gash
It was film a completely up its own arse

Baby Driver was too hyped up, I liked it, but it didn’t live up to the billing for me.

Two under the radar films: The Long Good Friday, why isn’t it recognised as a British classic? Maybe it is and I missed it.

Lincoln Lawyer

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Baby driver was poo and agree

Lincoln lawyer is brilliant but McConahey doesn’t make bad films IMO except Gold

Long GHod’s Friday is brilliant and a great film to see how people predicted the future... and got it right about east London

Back