• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Rotten Tomatoes is a better judge of movies as it compiles critics reviews which don't tend to be so extreme. It's all subjective though so it's best to make your own mind up

I use Rotten Tomatoes a lot. If I am unsure about whether I want to see a film, I have a look on there to see what the reviews are like.

Also read Empire a lot, I find they are usually on the money with their reviews.

Interesting IMDB vs Rotten Ts. So many variables to an individuals enjoyment of a film. Maybe the most important is expectation. If you go in expecting the best film ever...the film is often a let down. Think the movie is going to be average and you leave pleasantly surprised.

I'm interested in what others thought of The Gambler. Rotten Tomatoes also panned it. There was one solitary review that liked it.

But then again Rotten Tomatoes has The Wizard of Oz as the best movie of all time. Ifs, buts, pots and pans. Depends who's reviewing.

Stuck on Godfather 3 last night. Hadn't seen it in a long time, and never finished it back then. Won't be sticking it on again.

Stuck on Godfather 3 last night. Hadn't seen it in a long time, and never finished it back then. Won't be sticking it on again.

Ha. My wife spent Mothers Day morning watching the first two (whilst I did the housework and our daughter did nothing - seriously, it's Mother's Day not wife's day!) and when I asked if she was watching the third one she just said "are you fudging kidding me!?" First two are truly great though.

They've been on sky lately and that's what made me watch it. I tried to watch it as a stand alone film, but it's impossible with so many references to the first two films throughout.

Has anyone seen "Next Goal Wins"?

Absolutely amazing. So refreshing to watch, couldn't recommend it enough for those that are fans of football and those that aren't.

Has anyone seen "Next Goal Wins"?

Absolutely amazing. So refreshing to watch, couldn't recommend it enough for those that are fans of football and those that aren't.

I'm kind of disappointed nobody's got back to this one, it's a documentary (but feature film length) about the worst team in the world according to FIFA rankings, American Samoa, the struggles they go through and them as a team. Don't want to give too much away but they end up getting a new manager after the US federation put out an advert trying to get someone to help. It's fudging brilliant. Football as it should be and it's put together brilliantly as a film. If you haven't seen it, essentially, you need to.

RE The post ^^^^^ Yeah Spirited Away is a great film. Such an immersive experience, obviously you don't need it to appreciate the film but it's a great one to watch whilst blitzed. Get on to more of the Studio Gibli stuff if you haven't seen it before. Howls moving Castle and My Neighbor Toroto are pretty amazing to say the least. There's still plenty that I need to see though...

Yep, seen both of those, working my way through a load of them I got round to picking up (with my kids). Think I'll avoid Grave of the Fireflies with them for now though, they're only 4 and 6. My daughter (6) cried non-stop for half an hour after Edward Scissorhands...

Watched The Imitation Game on a plane today. Is brick. Not sure why it got so much praise, just seemed so tossy.

Saw Whiplash last night. What's the fuss about? Drummer with a psychopath teacher. I could've watched the trailer instead. Not a very good movie, in my opinion.

I'm kind of disappointed nobody's got back to this one, it's a documentary (but feature film length) about the worst team in the world according to FIFA rankings, American Samoa, the struggles they go through and them as a team. Don't want to give too much away but they end up getting a new manager after the US federation put out an advert trying to get someone to help. It's fudgeing brilliant. Football as it should be and it's put together brilliantly as a film. If you haven't seen it, essentially, you need to.

RE The post ^^^^^ Yeah Spirited Away is a great film. Such an immersive experience, obviously you don't need it to appreciate the film but it's a great one to watch whilst blitzed. Get on to more of the Studio Gibli stuff if you haven't seen it before. Howls moving Castle and My Neighbor Toroto are pretty amazing to say the least. There's still plenty that I need to see though...

Just watched Next Goal Wins after reading this thread. Excellent film, had a little tear in my eye at one point

Back