• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

It was stunning, so dark but my complete sense of humour, to be honest I empathised with the main character. Was a top top movie and people should watch it.

Sightseers is a great movie. I must have watched it three times by now. It's so easy to watch and funny. The director's first one is supposed to be brilliant too but I haven't watched it yet.

Another vote for Whiplash, really great film.

Watched Birdman as well - left me decidedly underwhelmed.

Never seen it, but it has decent reviews on IMDB. What's so bad about it?

I was wanting to see this as I'd heard Hardy's performance was great - that's the entire film.

What did you not like about it?

Well I wouldn't want to give too much away if some of you guys are thinking about seeing this. But maybe my second paragraph ought to carry a spoiler alert. I'd say the Amazon reviews are more realistic of what a general audience think.... a few 5,4,3 stars but masses of 1s.

Hardy does OK but it is not a challenging role. The entire film is of him, driving a car. One scene, which he could wearing just his boxers for all you know. Any actor worth his salt could have pulled it off. The other actors are voice actors and although some are well established they just are not convincing. But it is the plot which is just dreadful. You spend the first ten minutes piecing together what he is going through, which is that he has got another woman pregnant and hasn't told his wife. He is on his way to see said woman deliver baby and decides to bin off work which..... wait for it..... is to oversee a delivery of concrete. Yep.

It is billed as a thriller but it's not. It's not tense. It's a shambles. Even if it was perfectly executed it wouldn't be a thriller, its some sort of emotional drama at best.

Just....dreadful.

Well I wouldn't want to give too much away if some of you guys are thinking about seeing this. But maybe my second paragraph ought to carry a spoiler alert. I'd say the Amazon reviews are more realistic of what a general audience think.... a few 5,4,3 stars but masses of 1s.

Hardy does OK but it is not a challenging role. The entire film is of him, driving a car. One scene, which he could wearing just his boxers for all you know. Any actor worth his salt could have pulled it off. The other actors are voice actors and although some are well established they just are not convincing. But it is the plot which is just dreadful. You spend the first ten minutes piecing together what he is going through, which is that he has got another woman pregnant and hasn't told his wife. He is on his way to see said woman deliver baby and decides to bin off work which..... wait for it..... is to oversee a delivery of concrete. Yep.

It is billed as a thriller but it's not. It's not tense. It's a shambles. Even if it was perfectly executed it wouldn't be a thriller, its some sort of emotional drama at best.

Just....dreadful.

Might check it out, sounds like my type of film - I'm not big on too much action, I prefer mood and ambience with some existential dilemmas thrown in, films like Dead Man or Drive.

Might check it out, sounds like my type of film - I'm not big on too much action, I prefer mood and ambience with some existential dilemmas thrown in, films like Dead Man or Drive.

I didn't really see Drive, think I had it on in the background while doing something else, but is it a bit chilled in its own way? Certainly I thought that about Collateral, yes it was an action film but I watched it late on a Friday night and I found it pretty relaxing. Maybe Locke could fall into the same bracket.

However it was dogs---.

I didn't like Drive when I first watched it, but have seen it several times since and like it more every time I watch it.

i third or fourth..whiplash. super, super film. apart from the great performances, i thought the pacing and editing was outstanding..

watched foxcatcher last night, it was good. bit slow in places but overall was good. ending shocked me as i never knew of the story.

Saw Kingsman the other night ..........what a mash up of a film....a bit of a nod to the spy thrillers of the late sixties/seventies ie man from uncle/ in like flint etc. Throw in a bit of Kill Bill,Austin Powers,James Bond too.

Starred Colin Firth,Michael Caine and Samuel L Jackson also an actor who i thought was Plan B at the begining but it wasn't. Its set in the east end of London at the begining then America.

Funny in parts some tidy fight scenes especially in a church where Michael Firth takes on 100 parisheners. Thought it was a good film,not exactly thought provoking but if your up for a laugh its a good watch.

Back