• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

I will miss JD the character. It always felt nice knowing we had him around and he was a useful substitute. Plus I know for a fact he's hugely popular with his teammates, which is a great commodity.

Not a Spurs legend though. No way Jose. Despite his bizarre 'natural goalscorer' tag he has never been that clinical, just had a few good runs at times in his career as you would expect for a semi-talented striker. Hardly ever scored against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man United, nor did he ever seem to even play well in those games which was a shame and partly why we always seemed to have our arses handed to us at those grounds.

HOWEVER I will miss him and wish him all the best with Drake and friends.

Not a Spurs legend though

highest ever goal scorer in European competitions makes the man a legend in my book

5th highest ever goal scorer, did i read/hear?

he may not have been the best and if you break it down it probably doesn't look quite as good, but Defoe will be in the record books at THFC for years to come

highest ever goal scorer in European competitions makes the man a legend in my book

he may not have been the best and if you break it down it probably doesn't look quite as good, but Defoe will be in the record books at THFC for years to come

Yes, only Jimmy Greaves, Bobby Smith, Martin Chivers and Cliff Jones are ahead of Jermain Defoe.

Genuine Spurs Legend.

Tottenham Hotspur All-Time Top Goalscorers Records

He's actually been here 9 years. Aguero and Suarz are in a different World in comparison to most strikers, let alone Defoe so that's a pretty pointless comparison mate.

but spurs should have got suarez but harry said he couldnt play up front with crouch.
robbie keane is better then defoe. at least robbie could play up front or on hes own and had a peak
defoe never had a peak for spurs.
even pavlychenko could play with another striker and was more of a natural goal threat then defoe.
since defoe returned from portsmouth hes been averge.
most of defoes goals come in the cup against poor teams

I will miss JD the character. It always felt nice knowing we had him around and he was a useful substitute. Plus I know for a fact he's hugely popular with his teammates, which is a great commodity.

Not a Spurs legend though. No way Jose. Despite his bizarre 'natural goalscorer' tag he has never been that clinical, just had a few good runs at times in his career as you would expect for a semi-talented striker. Hardly ever scored against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man United, nor did he ever seem to even play well in those games which was a shame and partly why we always seemed to have our arses handed to us at those grounds.

HOWEVER I will miss him and wish him all the best with Drake and friends.

Yup, the goal he scored in the 4-5 game back in 2004 was the only occasion he ever scored against ARSEnal in all his years at Spurs. Don't recall him dominating games against any of the other Top 7 sides either.

Had Defoe' record European goals haul led to us winning a trophy then maybe I'd also consider him a "legend" but most of those goals have come against dross in the group stages of the Europa League and he tops that scoring chart largely because he's played more games against inferior opposition than true legends like Greaves.

The fact that he might remain Spurs' record European goal scorer for years to come is a sad indictment of the club's continued inability to hold on to our best players such as Sheringham, Klinsmann, Berbatov and Bale :(

Last edited:
And he is the only one to bet v an **** player on who finishes in a season ? Against wishere a couple of seasons back. How many of those types we got left ?

Thanks for all this goals, that amazing 9-1 wigan win - wish him all the best in Canada ! Hope to see him somewhere in the England team this year.

I know he's left now,but found it strange he was 'injured' for us for the last two games and there he is training with England on monday morning......normally if you are injured or can't play for your club side over the weekend,your more or less n/a for your country.

Looks like Levy had the final word in his availability to protect the transfer i presume.

I know he's left now,but found it strange he was 'injured' for us for the last two games and there he is training with England on monday morning......normally if you are injured or can't play for your club side over the weekend,your more or less n/a for your country.

Looks like Levy had the final word in his availability to protect the transfer i presume.

He was never injured.

it doesn't sit right with me, Defoe better than Chiv? No chance

I guess I am in the minority but I loved Defoe, one of my all time favourites at the club. He had his limitations but I always felt like he was going to score

I have always been a critic of Defoe, but that's only because I feel he could have been so much more. I think he would have been appreciated ALOT more if we had him around in the 80s or 90s or even earlier than that. I will certainly miss him, he grew to love the club in my view. I wish him all the luck in the MLS, I hope he does well out there, who knows? We may even get him back on loan next January.

not yet legend for me. good servant, lots of goals, but too many offsides and misses too.
nonetheless one of our better goal scorers.

Back