• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

i would have thought that he'd have been dropped from the Euro squad due to his impending departure?

I hope not. I got tickets for that game and was mainly as I thought it would be Jermains send off. I had no idea yesterday was going to be his last game. If that is the case im pretty gutted it was not more obvious.

I hope not. I got tickets for that game and was mainly as I thought it would be Jermains send off. I had no idea yesterday was going to be his last game. If that is the case im pretty gutted it was not more obvious.

Fear not.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2051380.html

Having come through the group stage with a maximum 18 points, Tottenham Hotspur FC have allowed midfielder Lewis Holtby to join London rivals Fulham FC on loan, and while the 2013/14 UEFA Europa League's five-goal joint-top scorer Jermain Defoe remains in the fold, the striker is scheduled to begin a new adventure in Canada with Toronto FC from 28 February.

5th Highest goalscorer in the Club's history with 142 goals.

Overtaking Chivers as the club's Highest goalscorer in European competitions.

And whenever I start to doubt you, you do something like this.

11-01-2014-GifNumber-55.gif

Thanks for all the memories and great goals, all the best fella with you're new adventure and hopefully we'll see back at the Lane soon.

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

I am very sad, he cannot play today one of my favourite Spurs players ever always felt like he had a goal in him.

JERMAINE DEFOE HE'S A YIDDO!!

LEGEND

Too bad Defoe won't be playing against Dnipro. He is so special in Cup matches that you can almost guarantee him of scoring in all the Cup matches. He alone could have saved us against Dnipro. The fact we let Defoe go at this stage of the season just shows how lightly Sherwood is looking at EL.

I am a fan of Defoe, but even I would stop short of classing him a legend I am afraid. Enjoyed watching him and he will be missed, certainly by the wife, I think she will shed a tear at HT tonight

I am a fan of Defoe, but even I would stop short of classing him a legend I am afraid. Enjoyed watching him and he will be missed, certainly by the wife, I think she will shed a tear at HT tonight

Agreed. I think Defoe didn't really prove his real worth to us. I think he could have scored more goals after being at Spurs for 9 years.

Guy has been a good servant to the club, anyway you look at it, 142 goals is a worthwhile achievement.

Maybe he never hit the heights his talent promised .. but the same could be said of Spurs in his era, almost .. but not quite great.

Good luck to him, he will have a field day in MLS

Guy has been a good servant to the club, anyway you look at it, 142 goals is a worthwhile achievement.

Maybe he never hit the heights his talent promised .. but the same could be said of Spurs in his era, almost .. but not quite great.

Good luck to him, he will have a field day in MLS

Agreed.

Defoe comes across as a likeable bloke and is a natural finisher who has been great at scoring goals in the cups or as a super-sub but (like Dawson) he just ain't quite good enough to be regarded as a Tottenham "legend" alongside the likes of Greaves, Hoddle, Blanchflower, Mackay, Ardilles, King, Jennings, Perryman et al imho.

Had Jermain fulfilled his early promise he would probably have ended up ditching us (like he did to the Spammers) for a club where he could win a few medals (like Sheringham, Berbatov, Modric and Bale) but Defoe has been a very useful striking option to have in the squad over the years and deserves one final big payday at a club where he can finally be the star player.

And JD is in the England squad for Denmark on Wednesday. Is Woy thanking him, or still keeping him up his sleeve as a spare for Brazil ?

i love the little fella. i was so happy when we signed him and remember his goal on debut against portsmouth in the 17th minute. 100+ goals later and now hes leaving. thanks for all the memories and good luck at toronto

im glad hes gone. since hes returned from portsmouth hes been rubbish.
never scored more then 4 league goals after xmas.
think hes got 3 goals in hes last 28 games
only ever scored one goal against arsenal
too greedy hardly ever scores in big games.
ade done more for spurs since hes been here and hes missed half of this season and last

im glad hes gone. since hes returned from portsmouth hes been rubbish.
never scored more then 4 league goals after xmas.
think hes got 3 goals in hes last 28 games
only ever scored one goal against arsenal
too greedy hardly ever scores in big games.
ade done more for spurs since hes been here and hes missed half of this season and last

And yet your username is named after one of the greatest strikers in the history of Tottenham Hotspur :ross:

;)

To be fair I would get absolutely sick of him myself especially when he'd get his whinge and moan on, I remember the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game with arms flaying about everywhere, after that I wanted him gone so badly. His inconsistency was another issue, scored five against Wigan then didn't score in the League for months.

But 142 goals is still 142 goals and I genuinely wish him all the best.

was welling up a bit at half time :oops:

his goal in the 4-5 Arsenal game is my favorite of his - knew he'd score as soon as he picked the ball up out wide and started for goal

just have so many bad memorys of him

spurs v west ham 1 0 spurs and 3 timess we broke away 3 on 1 and he should have passed the ball for a tap in but shoots at tight angle and missed then west ham go up the other end and make it 1 1. anton ferdinad. this happend a few times against west ham. even the 4 3 spurs defoe got greedy and luck for us robet green pushed it out to stalterie

spurs 3 1 up against chelsea in the cup. defoe hits the ball as hard as he can against the bar and we draw 3 3
spurs v arsenalledley king runs all the leng of the pitch and then passes to defoe for a 1 on 1 but king dont get the ball back. defoe looses the ball

people say hes a natural goalscorer but hes not. darren bent has more chance of scoring then him.
defoe never gets tap ins. maybe he would have been better at a smaller team.

but in my eyes hes not a legend. hes record when you break it down is not that good.

remember hes been here 10 years.
how many has aguero or suarez got in the last 3 seasons. much be nearly 100 goals

remember hes been here 10 years.
how many has aguero or suarez got in the last 3 seasons. much be nearly 100 goals

He's actually been here 9 years. Aguero and Suarz are in a different World in comparison to most strikers, let alone Defoe so that's a pretty pointless comparison mate.

Back