• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Rose and Walker are both lightweights and neither has the technical ability of Benny. I'd even prefer Ekotto at right back over Cactus Head.

One, I rate Ekotto far higher than I do Rose or Naughton.
Two, even if he does drop him, to drop him cold turkey and isolate him from the squad, is strange.
Three, Benny the person, is important to a lot of fans. As well as being one of longest serving players we have now, he is fondly thought of by many fans and whilst it's a results business, I personally still enjoy supporting players I like playing for my club. We'll all get over it I'm sure, but I'm just waiting to hear some reasonable logic as to why he is just dropped and not spoken of.

I think from his Chelsea days, you can see AVB has a ruthless streak in him as a manager, where he'd have no problem freezing out players he didnt like, regardless of their status as a player. I also get the feeling, that BAE like VDV was always going to be problem in how we are now set up.

Gonna miss this guy . :lol:

King_Monkey ‏@WhiteHart_Lad 1h
@AssouEkotto Hey Benny how do I get in contact with Daniel about taking you on loan to play for our Sunday side?? ;) #LOOL
Expand

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto 13m
@WhiteHart_Lad 07646488869 let me no lol

Probably a given its not DL's no. but who knows with Benny ! :lol:

I think from his Chelsea days, you can see AVB has a ruthless streak in him as a manager, where he'd have no problem freezing out players he didnt like, regardless of their status as a player. I also get the feeling, that BAE like VDV was always going to be problem in how we are now set up.

I can't imagine any circumstance that would make this a good idea by AVB. If he does think so then he has learned nothing from the Chelsea debacle.

The only explanation I can think of is that Benny and AVB have had an argument that has made their relationship untenable.

I can't imagine any circumstance that would make this a good idea by AVB. If he does think so then he has learned nothing from the Chelsea debacle.

The only explanation I can think of is that Benny and AVB have had an argument that has made their relationship untenable.

or like Bale, with injuries and frozen out to recover and to put on sale, to fund the new team

.@cliodejaniero believes Benoit Assou-Ekotto has been unsuccessfully undergoing Medicals for several clubs in France.

I read something recently about AVB and the staff where at odds with BAE over his injuries. It pretty much boiled down to Benny saying he was fit and had recovered from his injuries and AVb saying he hadnt.
I'm sure someone else out there has read the same thing and has the link but I can't find it.

Looking at that tweet re:failing medicals, this could be very close to the truth

ba has dodgy knees... hargreaves too

Well, Ba seems to have had a little more consistency in his appearances (was it a knee issue which Stoke found a couple of years ago which they feared could pretty much explode at any time?)
Hargreaves, however, seems to have sadly shown he couldn't not be relied on.

not that i have a problem with his 'attitude' towards football (not paying much attention ... not knowing who our upcoming opponents are, who players outside the club are etc) but i think maybe that it conflicts with what AVB wants from his players.

In theory, if benny doesn't get much game time he wouldn't care since he only sees football as work.

I think Rose is going to be given a run now. Impressed at Sunderland

Back