• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Why?? If true that is a bizarre decisions by AVB. There must be something more to this as you don't just tell one of the players you pay thousand of pounds a week to miss training.

Agreed. Either there is some sort of an issue beyond him not being AVB's preferred option or he is being kept from training to avoid a pre-sale injury. Even if AVB doesn't rate him, you would still think he would want him around in case of an injury.

If a few of his comments/tweets are to be belived, I get the impression that he's trying to play it cool but he is truely hurt. Don't blame him tbh.

If that is true we cannot really expect people like Bale to stay loyal to us

Not knowing the story, only my perception of benny, my heart is heavy...

Think he is being treated poorly. Isn't Roses contract short? Think it might be a carrot to get Rose to re-sign and move Benny on, but done with very poor ethics from the outside it would appear (whether Rose re-signs or not he will be ousted by Ceontrao if he comes, which it would seem this might hang on). Surely he could be on the bench, given some farewell minutes against Espanyol, or Palace...

If we are selling a player, then can understand why he's been told not to train with the squad. Similar to Bale's situation.

If Benny is gone, wish him all the best. We stuck by him a long time when he had his injury before he finally played regularlyfor us taking over from wipey.

Surely a number of teams would be in for him, when on form he is a quality player...

Ill be genuinely worried about us having Rose & Walker as our full backs together for any length of time, one of them will make a crucial mistake per game

The annoying thing is he didn't even get a chance under AVB imo. Was injured for a while, came back in the team, dropped, back for a game, dropped again. He wasn't a 'AVB type player' but unlike Dawson he wasn't given a proper chance to prove his worth...very annoying.

Not exactly true, he had knee issues for the second half of last season, it was stated several times. Would you rather he was given a chance when deemed to be injured?

Not exactly true, he had knee issues for the second half of last season, it was stated several times. Would you rather he was given a chance when deemed to be injured?

Yes he was injured but when fit he still wasn't given a fair chance.

Who does it benefit to not have BAE training btw? i mean why would AVB think that's the best thing to do. Makes no sense at all.

Yes he was injured but when fit he still wasn't given a fair chance.

Who does it benefit to not have BAE training btw? i mean why would AVB think that's the best thing to do. Makes no sense at all.

It doesn't benefit anyone. My previous post was in relation to last year as that's what it was a reply to.

This year? I can't even pretend to know what is going on. It's a bit bizarre.

I'd heard whispers since last Xmas that benny would be on his way, albeit to PSG at that time (and we can see that didn't happen!)...personally I am gutted because I believe he has a great incisive edge going forward...suggests to me that we have a left-back coming in (Contraeo maybe?) as IMO Rose is absolutely not up to it (would love to be wrong on that one BTW)...sad if he goes. I love the geezer.

I'd heard whispers since last Xmas that benny would be on his way, albeit to PSG at that time (and we can see that didn't happen!)...personally I am gutted because I believe he has a great incisive edge going forward...suggests to me that we have a left-back coming in (Contraeo maybe?) as IMO Rose is absolutely not up to it (would love to be wrong on that one BTW)...sad if he goes. I love the geezer.

Swapping Benny for Sakho might work.

Back