• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Would be funny if the entire ground was singing "we want you to stay, we want you to staaay, Assou-Ekotto, we want you to stay" today :)

I imagine Levy, AVB and Baldini bobbing their heads and humming along to the first two lines and then looking slightly surprised...

:lol:

FFS... Sell Benny and we should "boycoutt".

No player is greater than the club... But Benny...

What the fudge is AVB's problem with him?!

Benny is not a 'get to the byline and cross' type guy. He doesn't add width in that way. He is bloody excellent at releasing Bale and possesses the composure and vision to play as an orthodox left back very well, but Rose for me is clearly better at the way AVB wants to play.

I love the guy but it's that simple. When people wonder why a manager doesn't rate a player, the most obvious and common reason is he doesn't fit the style of play. And that's fair enough.

Rose is not good enough from what I have seen of him. If Benny is out, which would be a shame, then Coentrao must be on the way in.

Benny is not a 'get to the byline and cross' type guy. He doesn't add width in that way. He is bloody excellent at releasing Bale and possesses the composure and vision to play as an orthodox left back very well, but Rose for me is clearly better at the way AVB wants to play.

I love the guy but it's that simple. When people wonder why a manager doesn't rate a player, the most obvious and common reason is he doesn't fit the style of play. And that's fair enough.

head says yes heart says no

I've said it on here before - he's too unpredictable. AVB studies the game, he prefers definites rather than variables (if that makes sense :D).

I've said it on here before - he's too unpredictable. AVB studies the game, he prefers definites rather than variables (if that makes sense :D).

I agree with that - AVB and Benny are chalk and cheese. Not a surprise to me that Benny would leave - shame because I like the guy. The fact that Benny was tweating today about him leaving suggests that we have another LB lined up.

Shame but these things happen and the club will always be bigger than any one player

Are we gonna buy another LB?

Fryers, Rose, Naughton, Verts?

Last resorts really.

Naughton is a right back, Vertonghen is a centre back, Fryers is brick at left back and looks much better as a centre half. Rose would be back up.

Benny had some problems last season...but he has been our best player on occasions..

he needs to concentrate more and not be so tricky all the time!

Coys

This.

It seems as though AVB wants to have his fullbacks pushing forward and lending width to the attack, especially since he also likes his outside attackers to cut inside on to their preferred foot. One of the DMs then drops back into the middle of what becomes a back 3. As much as I love watching Benny play, he just doesn't fit this system at all. He is much better in a conventional 4-4-2 system where he isn't expected to take his man on and get to the byline. It would be a shame if he leaves, just as it would be if THudd leaves, but neither fits the system that we are trying to play so I think it is only fair to let them go to a club where their skill set can be fully utilised.

Ekotto played behind both Kranjcar and Modric and it worked out alright for us. If someone claimed that Kranjcar and Modric went around the outside of the opposing right full back to put in a good left footed cross twice in their entire PL careers I would ask for a source.

Last edited:
Back