• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Rose is that competition, pinter

He's not ready. He's got potential but if BAE gets a knock on a saturday prem game and we've got decent opposition midweek in champions league then we're either going to be risking Benny or having Rose on, which is a risk in itself. I like his mentality and some of his attacking play is good, but his ball retention is awful, especially compared to benny who is such a key part of how we play at the moment.

Rose needs what Naughton and Caulker have been blessed with.

I'm not sure about Naughton being main back up LB Spursalot, having a right footed left back will mean he always cuts in, if Bale stays on the wing that's not so much of an issue but he doesn't get chalk on his heels too much these days...

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp admits fullback Benoit Assou-Ekotto can be "hard work".

After victory at Stoke City, Assou-Ekotto could be seen walking to the away dressing room all on his own - this came after a bust-up with teammate Vedran Corluka.

Redknapp said: "Charlie (Corluka) was upset that he didn’t come back and do his job. Benoit is a strange boy. He’s a bit highly strung and hardly speaks English. If you say something to him he’s hard work. He hasn’t improved his English in the couple of years he’s been here."

Asked why the player had walked off on his own, Redknapp replied: "He didn’t know the result! He probably thought we’d drawn.

"He’ll turn up Wednesday and play great, but he won’t know we’re playing Fulham until someone tells him. That’s how he is. He’s unreal. He walks off and he’s thinking about the music he’s going to play when he puts his headphones on."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/tottenham-boss-redknapp-assou-ekotto-can-be-hard-work-717101

bae-flick1.gif

=D>

Last edited:
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp admits fullback Benoit Assou-Ekotto can be "hard work".

After victory at Stoke City, Assou-Ekotto could be seen walking to the away dressing room all on his own - this came after a bust-up with teammate Vedran Corluka.

Redknapp said: "Charlie (Corluka) was upset that he didn’t come back and do his job. Benoit is a strange boy. He’s a bit highly strung and hardly speaks English. If you say something to him he’s hard work. He hasn’t improved his English in the couple of years he’s been here."

Asked why the player had walked off on his own, Redknapp replied: "He didn’t know the result! He probably thought we’d drawn.

"He’ll turn up Wednesday and play great, but he won’t know we’re playing Fulham until someone tells him. That’s how he is. He’s unreal. He walks off and he’s thinking about the music he’s going to play when he puts his headphones on."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/tottenham-boss-redknapp-assou-ekotto-can-be-hard-work-717101

LOL

^^^ I've only seen highlights, not the whole game, so am not sure what happened there. Friedel threw the ball out to Benny but them seemed to recall it?

Rose needs a season long loan imo.

Get naughton back next year and have him as backup for right and left back.

I'd like to see this also although I'm not sure how willing Naughton would be to be a bench warmer. Corluka and Bassong who essentially covered both those positions didn't get much game time.

That sounds like a Harry is having half a joke there.

I do worry that Benny is one of the players that might suffer from Harry moving on. He has undoubtedly improved massively under Redknapp and another manager may not indulge him so much and give him the confidence that he needs to play well.

I'd like to see this also although I'm not sure how willing Naughton would be to be a bench warmer. Corluka and Bassong who essentially covered both those positions didn't get much game time.

I know what you mean, but i would hope if we get champions league that we would rotate the squad a bit more. The fact that Naughton would be able to cover either left or right back would mean he should at least be playing 1 in 3 games.

I know what you mean, but i would hope if we get champions league that we would rotate the squad a bit more. The fact that Naughton would be able to cover either left or right back would mean he should at least be playing 1 in 3 games.

I'm not too keen on rotating the back line, unless you are forced to change, I think you are better off playing your best four and allowing them to build an understanding.

Back