• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Objectives for this season

I just want to enjoy watching Spurs again, **** 4th, **** cups, **** trophies. I want to enjoy the football we play - that's all!

4th. As it was at the start of the season.

Bloody hell, we're 2 points off this place and 4 points off second.

We've clearly got to work out the system still but there is plenty of time to do this, looking at how we played in the first half v Chelsea and v Everton show we aren't necessarily out of our depth against top 4 quality competition. Our first eight games was a best ever, 4 matches ago we were being talked about as title contenders. So I don't see why we are scraping the barrel for 6th 4 now. Not saying we will get a CL place but its far too early to give up.

Jeez keep the faith guys. COYS!

I just want to enjoy watching Spurs again, **** 4th, **** cups, **** trophies. I want to enjoy the football we play - that's all!

100% this bit.

I'd love to see us win a trophy again, although we are in the CC quarters with a home tie, I still think due to who is left in it, we won it, but could reach the final.
Good chance of the Europa, depending on the draws and avoiding some of the better CL dropouts.
FA Cup is again dependent on draws, after some really decent 3rd draws for the last few seasons I fear we are in for a stinker of a tie this time around.

Certainly think 4th is out of reach, we maybe only a few pts adrift at present, I have a feeling come Dec 23rd we wont be unless we show a dramatic turn round in our play against the better teams

4th. As it was at the start of the season.

Bloody hell, we're 2 points off this place and 4 points off second.

We've clearly got to work out the system still but there is plenty of time to do this, looking at how we played in the first half v Chelsea and v Everton show we aren't necessarily out of our depth against top 4 quality competition. Our first eight games was a best ever, 4 matches ago we were being talked about as title contenders. So I don't see why we are scraping the barrel for 6th 4 now. Not saying we will get a CL place but its far too early to give up.

Jeez keep the faith guys. COYS!

4th won't happen,,thats for sure!

I can't put my finger on it..but this club doesn't pass a winning mentality through to the players..don't ask me why.....I just have no idea?????????????????/

we are botlers..

The players we have brought in and the players from last season should be standing up to be counted.............. but...

Its the same old ..same old Tottenham...................

Play our best players in their best positions. Get the manager to grow up.

The sky is the limit. We are 4 points off 2nd and in all the cups. Some are saying Arsenal can't keep it up. If they are right and we repeat the form we showed after getting tonked 5-1 at home by City 2 seasons ago...happy days!!

It is down to the manager.

Hells bells then why are we even in it?? Drop out and focus on pushing for fourth and if it's out of site by April makes sure we drop down low enough so we don't need to play in it next year

AVB's told the press his objective is top 4, at the moment that looks as likely as a president Assad winning a Syrian popularity contest!

AVB's objectives are now game-by-game. Another embarrassment versus United and IMO he'll be a goner.

At the moment I'd take 17th placed if you offered it me now!

It's a write off season in the league, top 8 would be good, maybe win a cup.

AVB will be gone this time next week, David Pleat as interim, and back to the bottom of the hill.

Flog some of the tosh AVB squandered the Bale millions on in January and rebuild.

Don't mind Pleat too much although he hasn't managed in a while, not sure how up to date he is, but then its still only football. Pretty sure we would see some different football though.

Don't mind Pleat too much although he hasn't managed in a while, not sure how up to date he is, but then its still only football. Pretty sure we would see some different football though.

It's been ten years, but that interim spell of his was the worst period I can remember from us. The team was absolutely clueless and morale was non existant. He understands football, but doesn't know how to translate it onto the pitch.

I also remember that period and it was aweful, just depends on if people would see him as a capable steward until the summer when we can really go after a manager we want.

Pleat is not the answer. He is a relic of a bygone era now.

Dear Satan...um...Santa,

Can I have a...
  • Cup final
  • Good stab at the CL places
  • Bedding in a system that works
  • Get all our new players playing to their potential
  • Keep all our stars from the greedy clutches of the oiligarchs
  • Generate some luck by sacrificing a lamb to <insert deity of your choice here> in the centre circle.
Too much?

Last edited:
Back