• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Saints Chairman offers resignation - Pochettino’s future in doubt

Southampton - Implosion

WTF - lol

I thought our meltdown a few weeks back was mental.

Rickie Lambert available for 7m! Seriously that is 7m.. fcuk me. That has got to be worth a go, has it not.

Last edited:
Re: Southampton - Implosion

Might be the time to asking, though I doubt the club will sanction anything at this moment. If the manager does leave though (can't understand why he will just because the chairman has left), then we may see some unsettled players

Re: Southampton - Implosion

Lambert and Shaw please. Move quickly whilst the prices are cheap. If not one of our competetrs might do.

I echo Craig_J and Superhudd's thoughts here: Lambert and Shaw, please. Would solve both our 'problem' areas, and give us two new English recruits, bumping our home-grown quota a bit.

Shaw's already being courted by City and Chelsea, so it is a bit of a long-shot, but honestly, if the price is 30 million or so, Levy should seriously consider jumping in and offering that to Saints plus assuring Shaw of regular first-team footie and a high wage right off the bat. The lad's composed, technically adept and defensively sound, and all this despite being just 18. His potential is frightening, and his current ability's not bad either: easily on par with Rose and quite possibly just a little better. I've already sung Lambert's praises on the 'gettable striker' thread, but if there is even a remote chance of us being able to get Shaw (even if it means loaning him back to Southampton for the season, or even all the way to May 2015) we should try our hardest to lock him down, no matter the cost and the demands. If injuries and temptations don't stunt his progress, the lad will become one of the best in the world, imo. We need Baldini to pull a Comolli-style coup if there's a possibility of it happening, City and Chelsea be damned.

If Sherwood doesn't want to use Holtby, Capoue and Chadli, sell them: you'd easily recoup 17-20 million from that lot, and there's certainly no lack of interest in the three if rumors are to be believed. Add that to the money received for Defoe and the profit we made over the summer, and you've got a sum approaching 30 million. Sure, the two players together would probably cost more than that, but dammit, sometimes Levy needs to understand that you have to speculate to accumulate. And most of the wages Shaw and Lambert would demand could very conceivably be covered by the newly freed-up wages formerly being given to the three aforementioned players from our side.

It's very, very unlikely, I'll give you that. But getting Bale ahead of United was unlikely too, if I remember correctly. And dammit, allow both my mind and yours to have a flight of fantasy for once instead of grimly remembering the past utterly inactive January windows (Holtby, Nelsen, Saha, Pienaar, etcetera) and settling in for the Tim extravanganza. :D

I thought this thread would be longer, full of calls for Adam Lallana and Jay Rodriguez? Obviously not. This was interesting though...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25755711

This was Cortese's vision for Southampton, one shared by Pochettino, by defender Luke Shaw, by midfielder Adam Lallana, and by forward Jay Rodriguez and the rest.
Nothing was left to chance. Everything was planned, analysed, discussed. The club's poor away form was one issue. Why did they struggle?
Cortese refused to accept the club's geographical location as an explanation. Players were asked to fill out questionnaires. What time did they wake up at home? What were their habits? Did their children wake them, did the dog? The results were analysed and changes were made.

Then the 45-year-old focused on the environment. Now, when Southampton travel away from home, the hotel is often booked for two nights rather than one. On the first night, club staff arrive and clean the already pristine rooms. They vacuum up every particle of dust that might cause illness or carry a bug.
Then bespoke mattresses are placed on each bed, tailored to each player. The duvets, the pillow cases and the sheets are washed and ironed by the club, using the same washing powder and the same methods. Wherever the players are, their bed smells and feels the same.

The same applies to food, with the club chef travelling ahead of the squad to each and every hotel. Marginal gains were everything to Cortese.
On the field, the whole team, rather than just the defence and goalkeeper, were awarded clean sheet bonuses in order to promote a team ethic, rather than any division.

I thought this thread would be longer, full of calls for Adam Lallana and Jay Rodriguez? Obviously not. This was interesting though...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25755711

This was Cortese's vision for Southampton, one shared by Pochettino, by defender Luke Shaw, by midfielder Adam Lallana, and by forward Jay Rodriguez and the rest.
Nothing was left to chance. Everything was planned, analysed, discussed. The club's poor away form was one issue. Why did they struggle?
Cortese refused to accept the club's geographical location as an explanation. Players were asked to fill out questionnaires. What time did they wake up at home? What were their habits? Did their children wake them, did the dog? The results were analysed and changes were made.

Then the 45-year-old focused on the environment. Now, when Southampton travel away from home, the hotel is often booked for two nights rather than one. On the first night, club staff arrive and clean the already pristine rooms. They vacuum up every particle of dust that might cause illness or carry a bug.
Then bespoke mattresses are placed on each bed, tailored to each player. The duvets, the pillow cases and the sheets are washed and ironed by the club, using the same washing powder and the same methods. Wherever the players are, their bed smells and feels the same.

The same applies to food, with the club chef travelling ahead of the squad to each and every hotel. Marginal gains were everything to Cortese.
On the field, the whole team, rather than just the defence and goalkeeper, were awarded clean sheet bonuses in order to promote a team ethic, rather than any division.

Does anyone else think that is just ****ing mental?

That was something Brailsford (sp?) emphasised. Pay attention to every detail, however minor, and the 1% gains add up.

It does seem a bit nuts, though. The food and mattresses make sense, but the vacuumung and washing powder seem excessive. But the cost is minimal.

P.S. I wonder if we have our own chef after the lasagnegate fiasco.

Does anyone else think that is just ****ing mental?

I think it's the way forward to look at every little detail in order to achieve perfection however this has clearly gone out of control. Performing worse away from home is IMO much more a psychological issue than sleeping in a completely sterile room. Annoying players with too many changes in the build up to a game will most likely be more disturbing than helping.

Don't really get what's causing all the fuss, it's only their second season in the premier league and they are already the best of the rest, not that bad IMO.

Cortese as Deputy Chairman (Kemsley's old role that was never replaced), Pochettino as coach, Baldini as DoF, Levy concentrating on the stadium. I'm sold.

That would be sweet. If everyone had clear lines of responsibility, and trust in each other to do their jobs, it could really work well. I think then we may not even need Baldini as much in this hypothetical scenario other than a hired gun transfer negotiator because Potchettino has worked well having been given the trust in footballing matters to set out who he wants. He's got a distinct style and knows what types of players would suit it, and I sense that Baldini's preference is slightly different to MP's.

would it of stopped spitroastgate?

This comment is ridiculous.

You don't specify which of the many spitroastgates you're on about ;)

And actually Bullet chuck llana on my wish list too! **** it, apoint pochettino and lets rip open and take advantage of another south coast club like when we took Harry and half their squad.

Back