• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

Only if Rodgers moves on to a more competitive club. I think Rodgers is going to be an excellent Manager at Liverpool and I am bracing myself for them to seriously challenge us next season.

Are you on crack? Suarez carried that team and without him they will be more fcuked than Jenna Jameson at a New Years Eve party.

Agreed. Everton will have far more patience, that added to the expectations of the Liverpool fans and the fact that Rodgers is incredibly delusional.

Everton is a big club with a small club mentality. I think Everton's only target is to finish in top 10 every season. Compared this to Liverpool who want to win trophies and qualify to CL every season.

Are you on crack? Suarez carried that team and without him they will be more fcuked than Jenna Jameson at a New Years Eve party.

I also think liverpool could be a threat next year, he needed time to get the team playing to his style but they seemed tog et used to it at the end of the season. Sturridge i think was a very good buy as was couthino. They will compete with us next season.

I also think liverpool could be a threat next year, he needed time to get the team playing to his style but they seemed tog et used to it at the end of the season. Sturridge i think was a very good buy as was couthino. They will compete with us next season.

Im not sure... I still think there is massive, massive pressure on Liverpool to win every game and challenge for the title. They are not the type of fans, or club, the 'take a draw' and the team hasnt got the mentality for this yet. Last season they could play with freedom towards the end of the season when it was clear there was fudge all to play for... Different when you 'must win'.

Just realised that Poyet is on the BBC Panel too :lol:

Should be awkward at Half time.

From BBC Live:

Don't forget Gus Poyet is in the studio on BBC Three and will be talking about his dismissal from Brighton at half-time. I'll bring you the highlights.

:ross:

@GaryLineker The Gus Poyet situation seems utterly ridiculous. Perhaps only Martin Jol finding out during a game is a more sureal situation

Gus Poyet has said that he only learned of his sacking from Brighton when the staff in the BBC studio printed out the club's statement and handed it to him. Extraordinary.

Gus Poyet also says he will appeal against his sacking from Brighton.

Former Brighton boss Gus Poyet on BBC Three: "I think the BBC got a great story forever really because a manager getting the information that he's been released from his employment during the time of a programme is quite surprising."

Classless if they intended this.

Poyet was the one who got himself into trouble in the first place, then failed to show for his disciplinary hearing.

Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion football club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect.

This followed his suspension, an investigation, and a subsequent formal disciplinary process.

In line with the club's own procedures, and UK employment law, Mr Poyet now has a right of appeal.

As such, the club will make no further comment on this matter or recent LMA (League Managers' Association) statements at this time.

Given the close proximity of the new season, the club will, in conjunction with its board, now seek to appoint an interim manager pending the outcome of a possible appeal.

The interim manager will oversee the initial weeks of pre-season preparation alongside the club's existing staff.

Poyet was the one who got himself into trouble in the first place, then failed to show for his disciplinary hearing.

Was it? I haven't really been following the story but it still lacks class to sack a man live on national telly (effectively).

Was it? I haven't really been following the story but it still lacks class to sack a man live on national telly (effectively).

Poyet is a grade 1 ****, i say this as someone who closely follows brighton, i went to 5 home game last season for them. He was always talking in the press even in the run in when they were going for the play offs how he would love to manage leeds. The guy was worse then redknapp and england angling for other jobs all the time.

Then constantly demanding more money from the chairman for players then saying he knew the was a wage cap coming in then demanding more money for players, then saying if they did not get to the prem he would be off, then demanding more money for players, then linking himself in press conferences with other jobs. Then demanding more money, then say the was no point in carrying on at brighton because they did not have enough money to compete.

Called a player conference after the defeat to palace saying he did not know what his future was, basically just being a prima dona because the players would not expect to hear the day after the game. Then when placed on suspension failing to turn up for any of the meetings so that brighton had to force him to turn up or dismiss him in his abscence.

I used to like poyet and thought he was one for the future for us, massively do not want that **** anyone near us. Wondering now with hindsight whether he was working against ramos when ramos was here as some have suggested, he behaved very badly at brighton. Not to mention his constant defence of suraez and blaming the media. Some people on this site think im a nut on the random side, but poyet beats me hands down.

The is also a slight rumour going round that he was involved with the poo on the crystal palace dressing room, but i doubt it.

K
Poyet is a grade 1 ****, i say this as someone who closely follows brighton, i went to 5 home game last season for them. He was always talking in the press even in the run in when they were going for the play offs how he would love to manage leeds. The guy was worse then redknapp and england angling for other jobs all the time.

Then constantly demanding more money from the chairman for players then saying he knew the was a wage cap coming in then demanding more money for players, then saying if they did not get to the prem he would be off, then demanding more money for players, then linking himself in press conferences with other jobs. Then demanding more money, then say the was no point in carrying on at brighton because they did not have enough money to compete.

Called a player conference after the defeat to palace saying he did not know what his future was, basically just being a prima dona because the players would not expect to hear the day after the game. Then when placed on suspension failing to turn up for any of the meetings so that brighton had to force him to turn up or dismiss him in his abscence.

I used to like poyet and thought he was one for the future for us, massively do not want that **** anyone near us. Wondering now with hindsight whether he was working against ramos when ramos was here as some have suggested, he behaved very badly at brighton. Not to mention his constant defence of suraez and blaming the media. Some people on this site think im a nut on the random side, but poyet beats me hands down.

The is also a slight rumour going round that he was involved with the poo on the crystal palace dressing room, but i doubt it.

:ross: fair enough. Classless manager sacked in classless way.

Classless if they intended this.

Brighton's CEO is Paul Barber, who we all know is a good guy.

Sherwood to Brighton then?

Would be good. The Barber connection could help actually. Reckon it will be Sherwood or Redknapp.

Yeah, I think Steff is one who has strong opinions on that.

Back