• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
26 August
Coventry City have confirmed they have parted company with manager Andy Thorn following Saturday's 2-2 draw with Bury.

28 August
Chesterfield sack manager John Sheridan.

19 September
Terry Brown sacked by AFC Wimbledon after six defeats in seven games

22 September
Wycombe Wanderers have sacked manager Gary Waddock after the club suffered their third successive defeat.

23 September
League One Colchester United have sacked manager John Ward after just over two years in charge. The U's have yet to win in nine league and cup games this season and currently lie 22nd in the table.

28 September
Steve Kean "resigns" from Blackburn Rovers

3 October
Paul Groves has been sacked as the manager of League 1 strugglers Bournemouth.

9 October
Bolton sack boss Owen Coyle

24 October
Paul Jewell leaves Ipswich

29 October
S****horpe have confirmed Alan Knill has been sacked with Brian Laws to replace him as manager.

21 November
Di Matteo and Chelsea part ways

23 November
QPR terminates Mark Hughes' contract with immediate effect.

15 December
League Two strugglers Bristol Rovers sack manager Mark McGhee following a 4-1 defeat.

26 December
Nottingham Forest sack Sean O'Driscoll after a 4-2 win over Leeds.

27 December
Henning Berg has been sacked as Blackburn manager after just 10 matches in charge.

5 January
Wolves part company with manager Stale Solbakken after six months in charge

12 January
Bristol City sack manager Derek McInness

18 January
Southampton manager Nigel Adkins relieved of his duties.

21 January
Rochdale sack manager John Coleman and assistant boss Jimmy Bell.

24 January
Huddersfield sack Simon Grayson

3 February
Oldham Athletic part company with manager Paul dingdongov

3 February
Notts County sack manager Keith Curle

5 February
Alex McLeish leaves Nottingham Forest by mutual consent …

13 February
Preston North End manager Graham Westley has stepped down

2 March
York sack Gary Mills following the Minstermen's 2-0 home defeat by Bradford

11 March
Reading sack Brian McDermott

19 March
Blackburn sack Michael Appleton after 67 days in charge

20 March
Stevenage sack manager Gary Smith

24 March
Southend sack manager Paul Sturrock

30 March
O'Neill sacked by Sunderland

1 April
Leeds part company with Warnock

10 April
Sheffield United sack Danny Wilson

29 April
Torquay terminate manager Martin Ling's contract with immediate effect.

7 May
Wolves sack Dean Saunders

7 May
Kenny Jackett resigns at Millwall

9 May
John Hughes and his assistant have their contracts terminated by Hartlepool.

13 May
Mankini sacked by Emirates Marketing Project

21 May
Pulis leaves Stoke by mutual consent.

i would have said Di Matteo but Chelsea have started well - I can't say that there are any obvious choices atm

Rodgers if he carries on the poor start at Liverpool could come under a lot of pressure - same with Lambert at Villa, which is a shame as i think they are both good managers - have just made poor decisions career wise this summer

Both Hughton and Lambert have a tough season ahead of them. The spammers are growing restless with the Allardyce brand of football and him mostly looking to sign players he's managed before.

You have to wonder about Blackburn. Didn't their global "foot-in-mouth" ambassador threatened the manager with the sack in preseason? Except I keep forgetting they are no longer in the PL.

Rodgers has a tough start and will be under a lot of scrutiny. AVB will get more scrutiny but we have an easier start and the some of the press will target Levy for sacking their darling.

I'm inclined to think West Ham's owners are looking for stability, so will be very reluctant to make a change. I'm not so sure about QPR, though. Hughes looked like a long-term appointment, but they don't look very good. With all the talk and new stadium plans their owner could get impatient quickly.

forgot about Hughton actually - id have stayed at Birmingham if i was him, Norwich have been clear favorites for 20th ever since Lambert left

Lambert is in a very difficult position. Shame because he is not a bad manager. AVB will also come under massive pressure quickly if results don't go our way.

Hughes is about 10/1 next to be sacked - apparently on BetVictor Lambert is 33/1 first to be sacked! You get a free £10 bet if you sign up and put £10 down, I'm tempted to have a flutter on that. Villa's next few fixtures:

away @ Saudi Sportswashing Machine
home to Swansea
away @ Southampton
home to West Brom
away @ Spurs
away @ Fulham
home to Norwich
away @ Sunderland

Can't see them picking up many points in those games - they were the worst team in the league at the back end of last year IMO. That game against Norwich could be a massive game for both managers.

Would be surprised to see Lambert go this season. Villa are trying to do a long term project, but they'll have to do it with youngsters for now. We'll probably see more activity from them in coming windows now that the wage bill is coming down and he gets a better idea of the players they have.

Would be surprised to see Lambert go this season. Villa are trying to do a long term project, but they'll have to do it with youngsters for now. We'll probably see more activity from them in coming windows now that the wage bill is coming down and he gets a better idea of the players they have.

I was suprised that Lambert left Norwich for Villa to be honest. I know Villa are the bigger of the 2 teams but at Norwich he had arguably overacheived in his first season in the premier league, had players that bought completely in to his ethos and and was due to get a bit more backing from the board this summer from speaking to a few lads at work. Villa dont seem to have much money and looked poor for most of last season so an overhaul was going to be needed. They appear to be reliant on youth the vast majority of which i'm not sure whether they are of sufficent class to be premier league players in the long term. Good prospect of being in a relegation battle i think.

My brother is a Pool fan and he seems to think that some of the fans are jot impressed with the training etc and that if Rodgers does not get off to a good start they would be getting on his back. He also said he wants Rodgers to be give a chance but if he was to get the sack, there is a jobless manager playing golf who they would all love up there.

But he also think Redknapp would be difficult to get due to him not wanting to move from his current home.

Difficult to decide. I think Brendan Rodgers will be given time and Lambert is in for a hard season with poor players and no money, so it wouldn't be fair to get on his back. Mark Hughes is a possibility. He has spent a fair bit of cash, so they will have to start picking up the points soon.
Cannot see Harry going to Liverpool, he needs to be in sensible commuting distance of Sandbanks.

Back