• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T: Internet Forum Bickering

elltrev

Andy Sinton
Why do people do it? It's arguably a bit sad to spend your time on an internet forum discussing football with people you've never actually met, but I enjoy it. But to spend your time on an internet forum bickering and sharing personal attacks with people you've never actually met? It's bizarre. Surely there are better things to do with your time?

If you find someone anoying, then just ignore them. Whilst perhaps I should just ignore the bickering, I find it hard to do when it penetrates virtually every thread.

I am already resigned to the fact that this thread is probably going to end up as a purpose-built battlefield for more bickering!

Im surprised no one has posted the
"Are you coming to bed?"

"No - someone is WRONG on the internet"

Cartoon as well :lol:

Bickering is natural in this environment. Its not a good thing, but its always going to happen when people of varying intellects and opinions have a common forum.

Bickering occurs when the more sensitive souls among us take personal offense to someone disagreeing passionately with them. They also get tinkley when someone says a naughty word to them.

Personally, I get involved in alot of spats on here, not because I enjoy it, but because I can take it. Some cant, but they still like to bitch at you through a post to someone else.

Snide and cowardly. I'll type it to any c#nt.

Bickering goes on everywhere especially over football, personally i do not have a problem with it. What is a problem is every now and again you come up against someone who is so blinded by their own opinion they refuse to accept a alternative view.

I do not get involved with arguments because i know mine is the only view that is worth anything. I get banned for sick and vile posts which show no respect for the values we hold dear in our society. But i do not really care if people disagree with me on any topic as they are wrong.

Do enjoy chatting football and people like jimmyb especailly in the stadium thread make this site a great place to spend some down time.

Personally, I get involved in alot of spats on here, not because I enjoy it, but because I can take it. Some cant, but they still like to bitch at you through a post to someone else.

No, you get involved in spats because you make your points aggressively and blindly with no factual or contextual backup to them, whilst lacking the willingness or the mental acuity to reason points in a proper discursive manner.

Why do people do it? It's arguably a bit sad to spend your time on an internet forum discussing football with people you've never actually met, but I enjoy it. But to spend your time on an internet forum bickering and sharing personal attacks with people you've never actually met? It's bizarre. Surely there are better things to do with your time?

If you find someone anoying, then just ignore them. Whilst perhaps I should just ignore the bickering, I find it hard to do when it penetrates virtually every thread.

I am already resigned to the fact that this thread is probably going to end up as a purpose-built battlefield for more bickering!

mo' fudgein **** SUCKING BIIIAATCH PUNK!!!!

I only get in to proper bickers on here if both the following things are happening,

1.if Spurs are losing and playing brick

2. and I'm either not playing regular football or having relations with nice lady

then I'll bicker the fudge out of anything/anyone on here and over at Bluemoon.

Luckily 1. is the only thing getting me down at the moment \o/

Nice bit of 5 a side tonight.

No, you get involved in spats because you make your points aggressively and blindly with no factual or contextual backup to them, whilst lacking the willingness or the mental acuity to reason points in a proper discursive manner.

wow
thats harsh, and unfair.

Bickering occurs when the more sensitive souls among us take personal offense to someone disagreeing passionately with them. They also get tinkley when someone says a naughty word to them.

I remember when I slagged off something salty did and you went mental, but hey its all in the past, and its only an internet forum

It's not about sensitive souls, it's about people using the Internet to behave in a manner that they wouldn't do face to face. It's unnecessary. We wouldn't do it in real life, so why should we hide behind anonymity to do it? That is as cowardly as anything else.

I talk about football. People talk about me.

Not my problem.

Back