• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T - FM/CM Hot Potential Players That Actually Made it.

Papercut

Jermaine Jenas
Pre-City game I was pleased that Komany was missing and on another note, wondered why we never made a bid for him (to my knowledge), let's face it King & Kompany has a ring to it...

VK was a definite purchase when he was 18 (on FM/CM)...

Who else have these games scouted well? Moyes was reported to use it as a scouting tool so maybe quite useful in that aspect.

Who was the opposite - top potential, brick result?

Ibrahima Bakayoko was a CM legend. Think he joined Everton at one stage, but don't remember him being any good in real life

Dani Alves, Vincent Kompany, Nigel de Jong, Rafael van der Vaart, Wesley Sneijder, Sakho, Otamendi etc.. to be honest, FM/CM geussed most would be brilliant and are usually spot on with who will make it, it's the ones that never made it big which are interesting as to why they get the stats they do, the likes of Eddie Johnson, Freddy Adu, Anthony Vanden Borre, Bakayoko, Kenny Bakiroglu and the rest of the super swedes.

Can we add in players that didn't make it?

Players that Liverpool are offering out at cut prices two years in : Henderson, Carroll, Downing, Adam...

Now what do all these players have in common...

Andri Sig?¥??rsson was class - his Wikipedia page:

Andri Sig?¥??rsson (born 25 March 1977) is an Icelandic former international footballer.

Career

Sig?¥??rsson, who played as a striker, played as a youth for KR, before joining the youth setup of Bayern Munich. He played for Bayern's reserve team in the Regionalliga, but returned to Iceland in 1996, rejoining KR. In 2000 he was joint top scorer in the Icelandic Premier Division, and briefly returned to Germany in 1997, for a loan spell with FSV Zwickau. After three more years with KR, moved to Austria, joining SV Salzburg, then to Norway, where he played for Molde FK. His career was curt short in 2004 when he suffered a serious knee injury. He made seven appearances for Iceland, scoring two goals.

Trivia

Sig?¥??rsson is famous for being a star player in Championship Manager 3, being set with the maximum potential of 200. His brother Kolbeinn is also a professional footballer, currently playing for Ajax Amsterdam in the Dutch Eredivisie. After retiring from football he opened a bakery in Molde.

I was thinking of Sigporsson, the funny thing is that his brothr Kolbeinn is deadly on the newest FM, bit of a blast from the past.

Who can remember Maxim Tsigalko? Mark Kerr? I rememebr when Mexes was cheap and Lucio had a minimum fee release of just ?ú10m. N'Diayye? Konstantinou? Agahowa? Cipriani ? Hadzimehdovic? Taribo West, best free transfer!

There was one game where you could get Hernan Crespo for about ?ú2.5m. Cristiano Lucarelli? Ibrahima Bakayoko?

Cm4 was the first one I played . Back then in 2003 I had Ronaldo,Robinho Mido tearing it up for Tottenham, they were unstoppable.

What about Eddie Johnson? CM/FM GHod and he signed for Fulham and was utterly brick.

There was the great Swedish pair Alexander Farnerud and Kim Kallstrom. Lionel Morgan was always brick hot too, IIRC Spurs tried to sign him in real life but he failed a medical. Going a bit further back there was Tonton Zola Moukoko who played for Derby.

It was always really weird back in the day having Helder Postiga, Milenko Acimovic and Jonathan Blondel tearing things up for my Spurs team in the game but flopping in real life!

Back