• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Mick, this is a shocking attitude from you, what happened to the man who goes into every season expecting 38 wins and the league title regardless of how brick the squad is?

that will never change

ideals and reality are not lost on me, and the current manager has proved that if you reach out far enough you can touch your dreams. What has blown me away completely is that when I make comments like that, a raft of experts tell me to grow up - and when we get close to the sun and the feathers fall off, everyone starts talking as if my dreams should be a nailed on reality and start accuse the manager of being the sole reason that the sun was too hot.

You cant have your cake and eat it (scrambled metaphors anyone?)

as long as there are 2 multibilionaires out there bankrolling two other clubs, with a money no object policy - we are not going to be winning the league or the European cup any time in the forseeable future.

Throw manure and arse into the mix and you can guarantee Harry is right.

This is as good as it gets - there is no next level, we are here already.

the sooner you dreamers start accepting reality, the better.

(and dont quote Chelski this season, they are only where they are because their multibillionaire cant stop interfering with a profession he doesn't understand, and keeps sacking managers and hiring the next new sensation.)

At this point the next level isnt winning the title, its consolidating this position and putting distance between 3rd/4th and 5th. Cementing our place in the CL to allow us to grow as a club but home and abroad.

Careful, considered development thereon can lead to the next 'next level' of genuine title pushes.

Even with all their money, Chelsea, Utd and City can still only have 25 players each. There is plenty of quality available to us to try and compete.

But surely if he is the top manager we all know him to be he would have been offered a big job years ago?

His success and the incredible turn around in the quality of the teams play I suspect has come as a surprise to a lot of people. I certainly never expected it, but at least I have the humility and magnanimity to recognise it, now it has arrived.

Perhaps if eveyone was mature enough to put their prejudices and preconceived notions to one side, open their eyes and see what he has actually done for the club, rather than trying to re-engineer events so that they can be proved right, we would be able to get together and give unified backing to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE associated with Spurs.

You stance and position are clear, you would save yourself a lot of time if you recognised that we have worked out which camp you stand in.

BIG investment is paramount this summer. But given Rednaps transfer dealings - Crouch, Defoe, Saha, Pallacios, Kaboul, Wood****, Gallas, Piennar, Friedel, Nelsen, Bassong, Parker etc, I am not sure that Levy trusts him with the job to recruit the right individuals who are more than just stopgaps.

Which player has he bought where one could really say that is a gem and one for the future?

I disagree, WISE investment is needed. Not necessarily the same thing.

At this point the next level isnt winning the title, its consolidating this position and putting distance between 3rd/4th and 5th. Cementing our place in the CL to allow us to grow as a club but home and abroad.

Careful, considered development thereon can lead to the next 'next level' of genuine title pushes.

Even with all their money, Chelsea, Utd and City can still only have 25 players each. There is plenty of quality available to us to try and compete.

you can only have that many in your PL squad at any one time, you can employ as many as you like.

such a shame that the one "man" in fleet street who has spoken up about this ludicrous move by Harry, is the same **** who tried singlehandedly to engineer the sale of Luka Modric in the final weeks of August via his own repeated fictional tales of Modric's imminent departure...Burt is a scummy writer.

Yep. And his motives here are to stir up brick. I still think its a brain dead move but what the hell! Enjoy eastern Europe H!!

not sure what the current numbers are but at one time Emirates Marketing Project had something like 60 full time professionals on their books (including loans)

Half of which would have been youth.academy product.

And even then - had they 60 Tevez level professionals - even then there are still 100s upon 100s of players at a good enough level to compete available

images

Now we're talking!! You got any? You think I talk brick now!!

We cannot afford to pay players ?ú150k+ per week and that is what is required to attract the kind of players that Mourinho would want and to compete at the top of the table. That is before we talk about the transfer fees that those players command.

Look at the clubs that win all the honours, now. The elite. Thats what they do. That won't change now.

We either:

1. Join them, or
2. Accept we will never will the league title or the CL title.

Your choice.

Our current manager/squad/wages/transfer fees probably do equate to our league position, i.e. 3rd/4th in the PL. Not winners.

It won't happen without big bucks. Not now.

His success and the incredible turn around in the quality of the teams play I suspect has come as a surprise to a lot of people. I certainly never expected it, but at least I have the humility and magnanimity to recognise it, now it has arrived.

Perhaps if everyone was mature enough to put their prejudices and preconceived notions to one side, open their eyes and see what he has actually done for the club, rather than trying to re-engineer events so that they can be proved right, we would be able to get together and give unified backing to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE associated with Spurs.

You stance and position are clear, you would save yourself a lot of time if you recognised that we have worked out which camp you stand in.

Here we go again what i do not have is pure blindness, he has done a good job( have you got that this time) but he has got us as far as he can and its time to move on. Please do not say i am not mature enough to recognize that, at least i can see his credits unlike some who can not see his faults.

Here we go again what i do not have is pure blindness, he has done a good job( have you got that this time) but he has got us as far as he can and its time to move on. Please do not say i am not mature enough to recognize that, at least i can see his credits unlike some who can not see his faults.

I'd say that you weren't (recognising his achievements), judging by your single minded carping.
I don't ever remember one post where you listed what he had achieved, just post after post telling everyone that you knew from the start that he would be rubbish for the club.

Now you seem surprised that when you brick a post I put in (about how in the past his results have been more than reasonable, and as a trend has shown that he has become more successful, particularly when given a club with more resources at his disposal.) that I would like to take the opportunity to defend the position I took.

I'll bet you that if you slipped him an Abramovich for a transfer kitty, he could move the club forward another level as well. Give him a Mansour and we would move on again.

Back