• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

I'm expecting big, big investment into the first team this summer.

Redknapp at least deserves one more season, because i think we will genuinely fight for the title next year.

After that, we'll need a manager who has the mentality of a winner. Someone who has won multiple titles.

images

I'm expecting big, big investment into the first team this summer.

Redknapp at least deserves one more season, because i think we will genuinely fight for the title next year.

After that, we'll need a manager who has the mentality of a winner. Someone who has won multiple titles.

BIG investment is paramount this summer. But given Rednaps transfer dealings - Crouch, Defoe, Saha, Pallacios, Kaboul, Wood****, Gallas, Piennar, Friedel, Nelsen, Bassong, Parker etc, I am not sure that Levy trusts him with the job to recruit the right individuals who are more than just stopgaps.

Which player has he bought where one could really say that is a gem and one for the future?

Why not Mick?

Before our slump, we could have gone level on points at the top of the table, and given that both the manchester clubs are playing pass-the-parcel with the title, we could have been contenders if we kept our consistency.

A few world class players and we have a great chance imo

BIG investment is paramount this summer. But given Rednaps transfer dealings - Crouch, Defoe, Saha, Pallacios, Kaboul, Wood****, Gallas, Piennar, Friedel, Nelsen, Bassong, Parker etc, I am not sure that Levy trusts him with the job to recruit the right individuals who are more than just stopgaps.

Which player has he bought where one could really say that is a gem and one for the future?

Tbh i'm of the opinion and Levy doesn't trust harry either, and he decides who we buy, which im fine with.

Tbh i'm of the opinion and Levy doesn't trust harry either, and he decides who we buy, which im fine with.

Ultimately it has to be the manager who decides - otherwise we end up with the Bent situation when Comoli bought him and Jol didnt play him.

or maybe we dont have the finances for these so called "big investment" type players?

We are a rich club. Not the richest, but certainly well solvent. We need to trim the incredible surplus player waste and invest in a few really top quality players, which would improve our team. We shouldnt just buy short term. Modric, Bale, BAE, VDV werent exactly under the radar, but they werent yet the superstars, some of whom now command over ?ú40m.

Why not Mick?

Before our slump, we could have gone level on points at the top of the table, and given that both the manchester clubs are playing pass-the-parcel with the title, we could have been contenders if we kept our consistency.

A few world class players and we have a great chance imo

because no matter what the investment, it will look like a kids pocket money to what Emirates Marketing Project and cheatski will get. Manure will flog off another part of the club on the Hang Seng until some Chinese sugar daddy buys them off the Glazers and we will still be where we are.

Unless Joe dips his hand in, and then we become as bad as the rest.

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see us buy the players we need, but they will all be lured into the nets of the usual suspects, who buy them up to stop competitors getting them and using them against the likes of us. Hazard will go to Emirates Marketing Project and play 5 games in the cups and bench warm. He will be on 200 grand a week so he will never leave

because no matter what the investment, it will look like a kids pocket money to what Emirates Marketing Project and cheatski will get. Manure will flog off another part of the club on the Hang Seng until some Chinese sugar daddy buys them off the Glazers and we will still be where we are.

Unless Joe dips his hand in, and then we become as bad as the rest.

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see us buy the players we need, but they will all be lured into the nets of the usual suspects, who buy them up to stop competitors getting them and using them against the likes of us. Hazard will go to Emirates Marketing Project and play 5 games in the cups and bench warm. He will be on 200 grand a week so he will never leave

This is far too defeatist an attitude. Its like saying we are beaten before we start. A great coach and just a few more quality players in the right positions could really see us up there competing with the best. If you dont have that aspiration we might as well all go home.

This is far too defeatist an attitude. Its like saying we are beaten before we start. A great coach and just a few more quality players in the right positions could really see us up there competing with the best. If you dont have that aspiration we might as well all go home.

defeatist or realist?

a great coach and quality players come at exorbitant prices remember?

CFC and MCFC have completely fecked up the transfer market and the expectancy of players and managers alike. You either have their budget, or operate on a lower rung of the ladder, if you can't see that then you might just be one of the fans that HR was talking about.

You need to get real

(do you seriously think I like it, or want to accept it? Do me a favour...)

defeatist or realist?

CFC and MCFC have completely fecked up the transfer market and the expectancy of players and managers alike. You either have their budget, or operate on a lower rung of the ladder, if you can't see that then you might just be one of the fans that HR was talking about.

You need to get real

Mick, this is a shocking attitude from you, what happened to the man who goes into every season expecting 38 wins and the league title regardless of how brick the squad is?

Ultimately it has to be the manager who decides - otherwise we end up with the Bent situation when Comoli bought him and Jol didnt play him.

Harry and Levy have to agree on transfers. A player Harry wants that Levy doesn't obviously won't be brought in, I see no reasons to think that Levy has brought in any players that Harry didn't want.

The way I see it if Harry wants a player and Levy isn't convinced that is the right player then either the scouts have to chime in and help convince Levy or Harry has to convince Levy. Seems to work reasonably well.

Then that is what we have to do.

We cannot afford to pay players ?ú150k+ per week and that is what is required to attract the kind of players that Mourinho would want and to compete at the top of the table. That is before we talk about the transfer fees that those players command.

defeatist or realist?

You need to get real

There are still very good deals around to be made. We have to be smarter than the richer clubs though and we have to be patient. Selling clubs, players and agents will wait to see if bigger and richer clubs come in for the player or if they go for another target. Makes it difficult for us to get good deals done early, means we will have to wait around and buy some of the players that the richer clubs didn't end up going for.

I agree with you up to a point and I'm sure I will find some (or even quite a few) comments this summer impatient and unrealistic as people don't seem to understand this. There are still good deals around to be made though.

I would argue that Crouch, Defoe, Pallacios, Kaboul, Gallas, Friedel, Bassong and Parker were good signings or good signing at the time we signed them. Add to that the improvement in the players who were already at the club.

Nelsen and Saha are clearly stop gaps and Piennar did not work out but may still have been ok business.

Woodgate was signed when Ramos was manager.

Sandro? Walker?

Back