• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

N'Zonzi

Yiddo

Cecil Poynton
Apparently stalling on a new contract at Stoke due to interest from us, Scum and the bin dippers.

Personally i think he would be good as that holding midfield player. He is abit of a clam on a personal level but is a talented footballer imo.

I said this when he left Blackburn - I have only seen him half a dozen times live (full match) but looks like a good player- would have him over Delph

I think he would be a good addition, as he is always seems to me a player who disrupts other teams play and can score a goal, but not a big enough name or playing for a foreign club to placate our knowledgeable fans.

I think he's very good. Moves with the ball well and looks to have the right balance of drive and aggression. Wouldn't mind this one.

Not a player I have given much thought to if I'm honest. He'd definitely give us a bit more strength in there, not my first pick but EPL experience is always worth it.

Have'nt seen to much of him, but I'm under the impression that he's like a poor mans vieira. could those of you that have seen him tell me if I'm way of the mark here?

I like him, good player and agree that he could thrive in a slightly better team. However I wont get too excited until someone has ridiculed him and pointed out his many faults.

Isn't he a lot more mobile than Capoue?
Way more I'd say. Nothing like Capoue IMO. Actually I think the poor man's Viera comparison is far closer to the mark.

I had the misfortune of attending Stoke vs Hull towards the backend of last seaosn and he was the standout player on the pitch. Only player that showed up on the day at all really. Crouch came on late and scored the winner in an entirely forgettable match (which I'm still desperately trying to forget :eek:)

He is physically strong on the ball and commands his space well

Has a knack for a goal and has good range

Actually he is very similar to Schneiderlain without the profile IMO

He is physically strong on the ball and commands his space well

Has a knack for a goal and has good range

Actually he is very similar to Schneiderlain without the profile IMO

Not sure about that at all, in England he has scored 12 goals in 216 games.

I thought I was the only one that rated Nzonzi. Thought he looked a real talent at Blackburn, always felt a bit wasted at Stoke playing the bird-watching game of looking at the ball being hoofed over his head.

As a cheaper option with PL experience if our first choice CM targets aren't gettable I wouldn't mind him coming in at all.

This guy would be a replacement for Mason right? He's certainly not a holding midfielder with these stats. He's also not putting any clear air between himself and what we already have.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...successful_take_ons_%/interceptions/blocks#90

Whenever I've been unlucky enough to watch Stoke he has always seemed decent but looks more like an expensive sideways step to me than the required upgrade.

Havent looked at the stats but from what Ive seen hes very Poch like in that he's athletic yet whilst being good on the ball. Also bear in mind he would probably improve and go up a level playing with better players and our coaching set up. I like....

Had a £7m bid accepted from Sevilla, not much more money than we received for Capoue.

Shame, for that money it would be low risk and a good squad player.

Back