• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

It's more than thought though - its about moving from how a small side (and Chelsea) play to playing how a big side plays. Setting out to counter-attacking against Palace and Wolves was a massive error in anyone's book. At least now he's just reverted to Poch's system, which this squad was built for, and is playing as like-to-like personnel wise as we can manage with that.
Poch was trying to move the team to his diamond formation

At least now he's just reverted to Poch's system, which this squad was built for, and is playing as like-to-like personnel wise as we can manage with that.

Poch owns 4-2-3-1???

I dont see that we play the same 4-2-3-1 as Poch did given the lack of a ball-playing CM (Dembele), different make-up of the type of player in the '3'.....

It's more than thought though - its about moving from how a small side (and Chelsea) play to playing how a big side plays. Setting out to counter-attacking against Palace and Wolves was a massive error in anyone's book. At least now he's just reverted to Poch's system, which this squad was built for, and is playing as like-to-like personnel wise as we can manage with that.
But that assumes he has the players to do that, and they have the ability individually. Every new manager would find this out as they go along.

Conte started at Chelsea with one system then switched to 3 at the back.

He's had enforced selection problems (not least Palace) and many problems to deal with from the get go...but hey I'm repeating myself.

But that assumes he has the players to do that, and they have the ability individually. Every new manager would find this out as they go along.

Conte started at Chelsea with one system then switched to 3 at the back.

He's had enforced selection problems (not least Palace) and many problems to deal with from the get go...but hey I'm repeating myself.
Exactly
Palace you write off for a number of reasons but as it’s palace…. You can’t
Chelsea…. We played on the front foot and didn’t make it count. They used their better players off the bench and changed the game. We didn’t react to that quick enough but it’s about who you have available and also the rub of the green (the deflected goal killed the game)
Arsenal was reminiscent of so many games there that keep on getting forgotten
Villa was a very good all round performance
Yesterday was too

Poch owns 4-2-3-1???

I dont see that we play the same 4-2-3-1 as Poch did given the lack of a ball-playing CM (Dembele), different make-up of the type of player in the '3'.....

Imma catch flack for this but WUT! Dembele was no ball playing CM. Dribbling CM sure, but ball player? A wide passing range and vision is never something you could accuse Dembele of having.

great couple of victories, though West Ham will be the big test.

He has had a mountain of brick to deal with. Just ahead of newacastle game alone he had the takeover of their club meaning their fan base will be havoc, international break with several first teamers not in the UK until late Friday, and then the false positive covid effect of two players.

He got burned badly for the 3 derby games and rightly so (though let's be honest, Palace are looking a different prospect and things went south when we went down to 10men).

I don't think he'll be the messiah but it's clear he needs time to develop his methods. Like i said though, next week is massive. Anyone who watched West Ham last week vs Everton would see this isn't a feeble west ham from back in the day.

great couple of victories, though West Ham will be the big test.

He has had a mountain of brick to deal with. Just ahead of newacastle game alone he had the takeover of their club meaning their fan base will be havoc, international break with several first teamers not in the UK until late Friday, and then the false positive covid effect of two players.

He got burned badly for the 3 derby games and rightly so (though let's be honest, Palace are looking a different prospect and things went south when we went down to 10men).

I don't think he'll be the messiah but it's clear he needs time to develop his methods. Like i said though, next week is massive. Anyone who watched West Ham last week vs Everton would see this isn't a feeble west ham from back in the day.
Nail meet head
When I heard about the 2 Covid cases I was just thinking what else would they throw Nunos way next

Warming to Nuno. Beard looking trimmer too!

Think he may be utilising his resources to maximum advantage at last. He has had some horrible curve balls thrown at him from the start but the players now seem to be enjoying life under him. Long may it continue,

Keep it up Nuno.

Good point, our great club has been struggling with all sorts of problems ( over the hill players, over critical fans, Covid, ) since the CL final and its not been a easy ride. Will Nuno manage to turn it round? who knows but he has to be given time to see if he can do that, sadly there are already calls from some fans that he is NOT the man to do that.( madness).

Sad really.:(

Imma catch flack for this but WUT! Dembele was no ball playing CM. Dribbling CM sure, but ball player? A wide passing range and vision is never something you could accuse Dembele of having.

Dembele really enjoyed the physical side of the game, not just in possession but out of it. Was so good defensively. His performance away at Juve in the CL was one of the best I’ve seen from a Spurs player. He broke their lines at will, over and over.

Dembele really enjoyed the physical side of the game, not just in possession but out of it. Was so good defensively. His performance away at Juve in the CL was one of the best I’ve seen from a Spurs player. He broke their lines at will, over and over.
Sure, sure not disputing any of that at all he just wasn't what you would term a ball playing CM as he was described earlier in this thread.

He's a mid-table coach ,as I've said. I don't blame him for losing to Chelsea or Arsenal, since they are above his level.

But limply losing to Moyes' West Ham after resting literally everybody and losing to Vitesse in the process...Christ.

Even for a mid-table manager, that is scraping the barrel.

He can't complain about injuries, can't complain about not having a fit team - so what can he use to justify this one?

Honestly, if there is a snowball in hell's chance we can get Marcelo Gallardo come January, we should be on that (know @Bedfordspurs has spoken highly of him as well). I honestly am drifting in and out of caring this season - more useful things to do with my time than lose my weekends to anger or sadness. But with Gallardo, there might be a hint of a promising future - there just isn't under Nuno, unfortunately.

He's a mid-table coach ,as I've said. I don't blame him for losing to Chelsea or Arsenal, since they are above his level.

But limply losing to Moyes' West Ham after resting literally everybody and losing to Vitesse in the process...Christ.

He can't complain about injuries, can't complain about not having a fit team - so what can he use to justify this one?

Honestly, if there is a snowball in hell's chance we can get Marcelo Gallardo come January, we should be on that. I honestly am drifting in and out of caring this season - more useful things to do with my time than lose my weekends to anger or sadness. But with Gallardo, there might be a hint of a promising future - there just isn't under Nuno, unfortunately.
You seen Nunos record vs West Ham?
Worth looking at

Honestly, if there is a snowball in hell's chance we can get Marcelo Gallardo come January, we should be on that. I honestly am drifting in and out of caring this season - more useful things to do with my time than lose my weekends to anger or sadness. But with Gallardo, there might be a hint of a promising future - there just isn't under Nuno, unfortunately.

I don't blame him for losses today or against arsenal, but i do blame him for manner of those losses.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine papered over cracks.

It just seems like a poor appointment I’m afraid. After Jose we needed a different philosophy, but this guys just cut from the same cloth. Not his fault he’s following Jose but he should never have been on the list.

Back