• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

850m is quite a lot. It's almost 10%, and 10% in any elite sport is a HUGE gap!
I think Hamilton would go mental if he had to drive with 10% less engine power than everyone else!

True, 10% is a lot but I don’t think it’s as big in football as your F1 example. Football is a weird sport when it comes to certain stats. How many times have you seen teams get absolutely battered in terms of passes, possession, territory, etc and yet manage to win a game? It happens fairly frequently. Also, it’s worth pointing out that in this case 10% is the spread between first and last place.

How many times have you seen teams get absolutely battered in terms of passes, possession, territory, etc and yet manage to win a game?
Those things happen, but on average, which these stats are, the average over 7 games, a team that is battered in every stat, lose. It's worrying that we're so far behind.

True, 10% is a lot but I don’t think it’s as big in football as your F1 example. Football is a weird sport when it comes to certain stats. How many times have you seen teams get absolutely battered in terms of passes, possession, territory, etc and yet manage to win a game? It happens fairly frequently. Also, it’s worth pointing out that in this case 10% is the spread between first and last place.
And look who is in first

I hope Spurs fans will get behind Nuno. There are improvements in play as he begins to know Spurs players. It doesn't mean I don't have concerns but with some media pundits insulting him - I think we should be backing our manager.
What media pundits have been insulting him? What’s been said?

The fact that he's showing that he'll change his mindset based on the ability/non ability of what is in front of him is a huge plus.

It's sounds minor but modern managers seem insistent on sticking to their 'philosophy' no matter what.

The fact that he's showing that he'll change his mindset based on the ability/non ability of what is in front of him is a huge plus.

It's sounds minor but modern managers seem insistent on sticking to their 'philosophy' no matter what.

The change to 4-2-3-1 from 4-3-3 has been one of the most positive things I've seen from him so far, as well as dropping Dele. Still not sure that the midfield balance is right but we look a darn sight better than his 4-3-3 shambles

The change to 4-2-3-1 from 4-3-3 has been one of the most positive things I've seen from him so far, as well as dropping Dele. Still not sure that the midfield balance is right but we look a darn sight better than his 4-3-3 shambles

The concern was that everyone else in the world saw we needed to make that change weeks ago. Our squad is a possession, not a counter-attacking, squad. We just have to play with a #10 (arguably two in games against bus parkers with maybe Lo Celso in for Moura) to function effectively. It's great he's done it, just a bit of a worry it took so long.

The concern was that everyone else in the world saw we needed to make that change weeks ago. Our squad is a possession, not a counter-attacking, squad. We just have to play with a #10 (arguably two in games against bus parkers with maybe Lo Celso in for Moura) to function effectively. It's great he's done it, just a bit of a worry it took so long.
Nonsense, if you are going to try something, you need to give the players a few games to get it. You don't try it once and throw it in the bin. You also have to give individual players a fair chance, which he has. You also need to remember they are colleagues, so you treat everyone with respect because you see each other every day, and need a working relationship. It's a little bit different to sitting behind your keyboard with hindsight.

Yeah
I mean it took Poch 18 months to get the team playing his system so Nuno should so it in 8 games

Nonsense, if you are going to try something, you need to give the players a few games to get it. You don't try it once and throw it in the bin. You also have to give individual players a fair chance, which he has. You also need to remember they are colleagues, so you treat everyone with respect because you see each other every day, and need a working relationship. It's a little bit different to sitting behind your keyboard with hindsight.

Could not agree more, he has took a lot of stick from a lot of our fans ( unfairly in my opinion) but he has had to work with players who are past their best ( Alli for one) and it will take time to see which ones he can trust going forward. He has got to be given that time to get his ideas across.

Yes....it was such a smooth ride for Nuno week to week for the first 8 weeks...literally eff all to deal with.:rolleyes:

Any incoming manager would want to implement what THEY had in mind. He probably only had 13/14 players to do that with in pre season and the first games. He's learning on the job thru no fault of his own, and has little time on the training ground week to week either.

Yes....it was such a smooth ride for Nuno week to week for the first 8 weeks...literally eff all to deal with.:rolleyes:

Any incoming manager would want to implement what THEY had in mind. He probably only had 13/14 players to do that with in pre season and the first games. He's learning on the job thru no fault of his own, and has little time on the training ground week to week either.

It's more than thought though - its about moving from how a small side (and Chelsea) play to playing how a big side plays. Setting out to counter-attacking against Palace and Wolves was a massive error in anyone's book. At least now he's just reverted to Poch's system, which this squad was built for, and is playing as like-to-like personnel wise as we can manage with that.

Back