• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

The first 45 mins last week was our best half of the season. He should keep with those tactics

I think he so seeing what the players can’t and can’t do
Today he had us compact and we concede a shocker as the midfield don’t run with the man (same as last season)
Kills any game plan quickly
The second and third were counters again where midfield was exposed
He now knows he can’t play dele and Tanguy in CM

I agree
But again to show capability that takes time
Poch first NLD was a 1 - 1 draw. But we had no shots on target. I can’t actually remember how we scored but it was Chadli
He also managed us to get beat there quite a few times with no wins in the league
We didn’t want him sacked
I do also remember a lot of fans wanting Poch gone early as he had some shocking results
And we didn’t really know how we were playing in some of those games

I'm his first NLD didn't we draw 1-1 and look the better side. Wasnt Dembele fouled for a pen or am I completely misremembering?

Edit: no you're right.

One thing I can defend Nuno with is that he's trying to persevere with players that haven't delivered for a while, in the hope that they start improving or he finds a system that fits them.

Dele, Dier, Sanchez, Ndombele and even Lo Celso are all picked in the hope they start improving.

I'm willing to give him a chance if he drops those that show they simply don't have it in them.

i.e. Dele has been given chances but is done, at best give him 20 mins as a sub.
Dier & Sanchez have had more than enough chances and aren't ever going to be world class so lets build around Romero.

If he sticks with the same players despite them not delivering then I'd agree he should go.

It is too early to get rid of Nuno just yet. Dont get me wrong I am not a big fan of him, so far he has not impressed me. Time to get the basics right, players in their correct positions for starters. But maybe put Kane in midfield, who knows we might get a bid from city for him if he does well. Drop Nob-belly. Replacing the manager is a big job, there is the whole backroom staff etc. to replace as well. I think Nuno needs some help/advice, but who can give it? On paper we have an easy match on thursday, followed by a resergent Villa at the weekend. WIn both of those comfortably and we will be smiling again. We all know Nuno is just a stop gap, kind of feel sorry for him in a way. But he must stop his stupid team selections and keep it simple. Motivation comes from the manager, is he just too nice/weak? as for the players where is the pride, the desire to do well?

Of course you can - you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear but you can show enough that people will want to stick with you

There is an influence in that dressing room, greater than the manager, that has decided we are are not going to put the work in, it’s already seen off Poch and Jose, with all due respect to Nuno, he’s not at their level. We either let the manager manage and bin off the troublemaker(s), or we just keep replacing the manager until they retire or leave.

There is an influence in that dressing room, greater than the manager, that has decided we are are not going to put the work in, it’s already seen off Poch and Jose, with all due respect to Nuno, he’s not at their level. We either let the manager manage and bin off the troublemaker(s), or we just keep replacing the manager until they retire or leave.

He's the man in the job, no ones stopping him from doing that?

That's my point, the right manager will do what needs to be done, the pretenders will have excuses made for them

That's my point, the right manager will do what needs to be done, the pretenders will have excuses made for them

He’s been here 5 minutes, he needs the message that “everyone gets a fair chance” to be true, else he’s only making trouble for the future.

Also, the considered wisdom is that it takes 6 months to feel comfortable in any management job (normals too, not just football).

The transfer window is shut, even if he’s decided on some already he may need the bodies until January,

Not one Spurs fan I’ve heard wanted Nuno as manager this summer, not one

most were not happy but had warmed up to him
Some accepted him on the basis it wasn’t Jose
Some actually liked the idea of him

but in reality with everyone knowing he was 8th choice the expectations haven’t changed just the culprit

I don’t know why he is sticking with certain players and systems (he never played 4-3-3 at Wolves until last season).

someone said the other day they would take Hasenhutl. Quite scary to want a manager who hasn’t won a league game this season but that shows how some people feel about him

If it meant getting in a complete fudgewit like Gattusso for six months it would be worth it if we got rid of the chancer(s).

but in reality with everyone knowing he was 8th choice the expectations haven’t changed just the culprit

I don’t know why he is sticking with certain players and systems (he never played 4-3-3 at Wolves until last season).

someone said the other day they would take Hasenhutl. Quite scary to want a manager who hasn’t won a league game this season but that shows how some people feel about him

I did

I thought he would be a good appointment considering the other options available

I dont usually believe the 'he's lost the dressing room' type comments along the lines of those which have started to appear here and in other threads.

However, given Gary Neville's closeness with Kane, I think these comments are telling:

Suggests to me that there could be some truth in that the players dont like the tactics (mind you, who would like being told to sit back) and that he's started to lose the players

I dont usually believe the 'he's lost the dressing room' type comments along the lines of those which have started to appear here and in other threads.

However, given Gary Neville's closeness with Kane, I think these comments are telling:

Suggests to me that there could be some truth in that the players dont like the tactics (mind you, who would like being told to sit back) and that he's started to lose the players

I find that very debatable.

Can you imagine this squad doing that?

no way any of these fudgers, least of all Kane, want to be playing high press again

I can certainly believe that they want to be on the front foot more. Whether that is necessarily a high press or not, I don't find it hard to believe that players want to be taking the game to the opponent more, rather than sitting back and holding a shape

no way any of these fudgers, least of all Kane, want to be playing high press again
I think you have the wrong idea of what a high press means. It doesn't need to involve running around at full pelt all game. The basis is that the whole teams starting position is higher up the pitch, and that you overload the area around where the ball is. Done the right way, You don't have to run more with a high press. Slightly more short sprints, perhaps, but the overall workload isn't really any higher. You win the ball back higher up the pitch more often, so don't have to retreat as far back.

Back