• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

If that was done to play with the masses it's probably one of the most damning things that could be said about Levy as it was obviously not going to win him or the club any positive momentum.
see the Super League... he likes to dip his toe, but he doesn't seem sure to go all the way on a chance, with either big downsides or big uplifts.

Nobodies perfect, I just get the sense we aren't doing enough things to win things, but the business side is being run really, really well. We are financially fantastically well off, bar the stadium, and even that has been managed really well imho.

He's 49 and it's his first really big job. I'd suggest we view him via that lens and we could be in for a surprise. I'm supportive of anyone who is less of a clam than Jose or Gattuso. And he has that from me.

One thing I like about Paratici is (I hope) that he seems to have a good appreciation for the quality of the coach, rather than just the reputation. So he can assess based on their merits, qualities, skills etc rather than what position their club just finished in.

Nuno is already way smarter and way more charismatic than I assumed. I think we will get some tactical flexibility and good improvements in the players.

But what I am getting at is that it’s important to look at the qualities rather than the finishing position of a club, which while the coach can influence, could be down to a variety of factors.

It’s the same with Southgate. Clearly actually exceptional in a bunch of ways he needed to be as a Head Coach for England. But before him we’d always gone by reputation. I think if the coach is good, they will buy the respect of the squad pretty quickly. And I hope we got that with Nuno. If so I’ll say big credit to Paratici. For making a smart bet, not an easy one.

He's the most bargain bin option we could find, and I have zero hope that he'll turn out to be some coaching revelation...but you're right.

At the minimum, like with Fonseca and a few others we fruitlessly pursued, he's a good man.

That, alone, gets him my support.
I think the first part of that is a little unfair mate.... I'd say that Nuno is probably towards the top of the third tier manager list or perhaps even near the bottom of the second tier list. While it is a shame that we couldn't attract a manager with a higher standing in the game we could also easily have opted for one of far lower stature than Nuno.

Lets just hope that, like Pochettino, Nuno can elevate himself to be considered as a top tier manager because of his work at our club.

I think the first part of that is a little unfair mate.... I'd say that Nuno is probably towards the top of the third tier manager list or perhaps even near the bottom of the second tier list. While it is a shame that we couldn't attract a manager with a higher standing in the game we could also easily have opted for one of far lower stature than Nuno.

Lets just hope that, like Pochettino, Nuno can elevate himself to be considered as a top tier manager because of his work at our club.

Agree, bargain bin would have been going for Scotty (and we could have sold the club man story), and that wouldn't have been any worse an appointment than Lampard.

Nuno is probably in the underrated category, promoting a side and following it up with two 7th place finishes is a brilliant achievement and highlights the challenges in evaluating a manager. Realistically 7th for Wolves is probably like a 2nd place finish for us, the 2nd year he got 7th, we got 6th with Poch & Jose and a much better squad.

He's here, he isn't an asshole, the club needs some "healing", lets give him his shot.

Agree, bargain bin would have been going for Scotty (and we could have sold the club man story), and that wouldn't have been any worse an appointment than Lampard.

Nuno is probably in the underrated category, promoting a side and following it up with two 7th place finishes is a brilliant achievement and highlights the challenges in evaluating a manager. Realistically 7th for Wolves is probably like a 2nd place finish for us, the 2nd year he got 7th, we got 6th with Poch & Jose and a much better squad.

He's here, he isn't an asshole, the club needs some "healing", lets give him his shot.
Agreed. After a couple of years of Mourinho, whose one redeeming character feature was that he was OUR clown shoe, it'll be nice to have someone pleasant at the helm. And yes, I accept that nice guys often come last, but I'd rather finish 5th with Jol/Poch than 5th with Mourinho. Of course, I'd rather finish 1st with bloody Satan at the helm, but that's just not a viable option he seems pretty happy at Atletico!

Who are the established top tier managers out there? Mourinho, Ancelotti and Guardiola, certainly. We've just had one of those, he was brick and, despite a good start, Ancelotti hasn't exactly been a world-beater at Everton. And I'd like to see Guardiola work without the huge stacks of cash before I start sucking his rooster. Klopp, Zidane, Simeone, Conte, Poch...? Where do Tuchel and Mancini fit in? Rafa?!

Either way, all of those are either unavailable or just plain unsuitable. Who's in the second tier? Nuno? Depends on how you rated Poch when he came here. Was post-Southampton Poch a second-tier manager or still in the third tier? I would rank Nuno similarly, slightly ahead of Potter (given that Wolves are closer to Spurs' level than Brighton are) and way ahead of Parker. I'll bet the people complaining about him are exactly the same ones who were whinging and bitching when Poch was appointed.

Anyway, let's give the guy a chance and see what happens.

Last edited:
I am more worried that we have mostly the same players at Spurs that have underperformed under the last two managers than the quality of Nuno. As long as those players remain it would be harsh to judge Nuno's performance.

I am more worried that we have mostly the same players at Spurs that have underperformed under the last two managers than the quality of Nuno. As long as those players remain it would be harsh to judge Nuno's performance.

It's Dier & Winks that worry me the most

Looks like (from rumours) Toby, Sanchez, Aurier, Sissoko, Lamela, CCV all actively being moved along with Rose/Bale gone.

It's Dier & Winks that worry me the most

Looks like (from rumours) Toby, Sanchez, Aurier, Sissoko, Lamela, CCV all actively being moved along with Rose/Bale gone.

Crikey, it’s a real clear out then.

(Would also like to see the first two moving on as well).

My uninformed opinion is that we are holding onto Winks and Dier until we have replacements lined up and then they will be fed into the transfer grinder

My uninformed opinion is that we are holding onto Winks and Dier until we have replacements lined up and then they will be fed into the transfer grinder

I think it's money in/out balance, if we got an offer for either, they would be gone in a flash.

The goals from his valencia team (if you click through to youtube it works)

What stands out for me…. There predominantly close range high chance quality goals
It doesn’t mean they don’t shoot on sight or spank long shots of course

He seems like such a nice guy. I like him a lot in how he presents himself and he seems very eager to succeed here. I really hope the players buy in to him.

COYS

He seems like such a nice guy. I like him a lot in how he presents himself and he seems very eager to succeed here. I really hope the players buy in to him.

COYS

He's the equivalent of a young hungry player, he knows this is a big gig for him, he appreciates brick like the training ground, facilities, stadium.

Vs. Jose (or Conte) who probably both thought Spurs was a step down.

Back