• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Thanks. That was interesting.

1st thing that hit me from that interview is that he has cliché answers to cliché questions. That I don't mind that at all, as journos mostly ask really brick questions and they only deserve stock answers in response, especially if they are repeating a question already asked. Red top fodder.

The 2nd thing is that struck me is he is hedging on Kane, unsurprisingly. Lots of positive non-commital comments.

3rd is that the few questions he actually responded to (that were not stock answers) shows he is a smart man with a realistic understanding as to where the club is right now. That gives me more comfort than the chewing gum answers.

I like him.

Agree, it was very much politician answers. Noncommittal. But ones that actually made you like him. Very well done.

1st thing that hit me from that interview is that he has cliché answers to cliché questions. That I don't mind that at all, as journos mostly ask really brick questions and they only deserve stock answers in response, especially if they are repeating a question already asked. Red top fodder.

The 2nd thing is that struck me is that he is hedging on Kane, unsurprisingly. Lots of positive non-commital comments.

3rd is that the few questions he actually responded to (that were not stock answers) shows he is a smart man with a realistic understanding as to where the club is right now. That gives me more comfort than the chewing gum answers.

I like him.

I haven't watched it/listened to it, but based on your analytical breakdown, I like him too!

First big interview, so much uncertainty around transfers and therefore how we play. I am going to hold off judgement until the silly season is over but will expect to hear more authenticity about the situation we are in.

Nuno sounds like a nice person and has a lovely voice and personality but I was expecting more since he should know how lacking we've been in the last three years compared to his budget Wolves side.

The 2nd thing is that struck me is that he is hedging on Kane, unsurprisingly. Lots of positive non-commital comments.

I like him.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

First big interview, so much uncertainty around transfers and therefore how we play. I am going to hold off judgement until the silly season is over but will expect to hear more authenticity about the situation we are in.

Nuno sounds like a nice person and has a lovely voice and personality but I was expecting more since he should know how lacking we've been in the last three years compared to his budget Wolves side.

More what? Its a press conference. You give away little, and set the tone. Job done.

Nah. It's a big misstep if he comes crashing into his first press conference, at the biggest club he's managed in his career, giving it the big I am about how there's problems to fix, deadwood to be got rid of, and huge tactical changes to imbue into those with ears to hear.
Those may all be true, and he may be saying that to Levy and to the players, but he cannot cannot say that in public right now.

I'm convinced Nuno is gonna bring back that lovin' feelin' to the Spurs faithful. He knows what he's doin', he's got a sense of style and has already stated his awareness of what Spurs fans will be looking for.

This awwwesomely catchy number - I think - sums up where he's comin' from and where we're headin' to while politely schitting on the head of the previous showboat manager(and I don't mean Ryan Mason):

Last edited:
I think as many of us have stated, and noticed, Nuno is a decent human being. A generous, thoughtful, considered man, that at bare minimum gets him my full support. Whether his coaching skills get this team flying again, we'll find out in good time, but I'm giving him time, as I want good people at my club.

I think as many of us have stated, and noticed, Nuno is a decent human being. A generous, thoughtful, considered man, that at bare minimum gets him my full support. Whether his coaching skills get this team flying again, we'll find out in good time, but I'm giving him time, as I want good people at my club.

better keep him away from the wife then.

He's the most bargain bin option we could find, and I have zero hope that he'll turn out to be some coaching revelation...but you're right.

At the minimum, like with Fonseca and a few others we fruitlessly pursued, he's a good man.

That, alone, gets him my support.

He's 49 and it's his first really big job. I'd suggest we view him via that lens and we could be in for a surprise. I'm supportive of anyone who is less of a clam than Jose or Gattuso. And he has that from me.

He's 49 and it's his first really big job. I'd suggest we view him via that lens and we could be in for a surprise. I'm supportive of anyone who is less of a clam than Jose or Gattuso. And he has that from me.

So you're supportive of everyone then

He's the most bargain bin option we could find, and I have zero hope that he'll turn out to be some coaching revelation...but you're right.

At the minimum, like with Fonseca and a few others we fruitlessly pursued, he's a good man.

That, alone, gets him my support.
You do consider many a person 'bargain bin', it's insulting really.

Poch was 'bargain bin' when he came from Saints?
Jose was far from 'bargain bin'?
Dele, Dier, Trippier were all 'bargain bin'?
And most of our record signings aren't 'bargain bin' but are....

I just can't start off on that foot, their monetary value will have no baring on their success. I think it's just a primer for when you get the Levy voodoo doll out.;)

You do consider many a person 'bargain bin', it's insulting really.

Poch was 'bargain bin' when he came from Saints?
Jose was far from 'bargain bin'?
Dele, Dier, Trippier were all 'bargain bin'?
And most of our record signings aren't 'bargain bin' but are....

I just can't start off on that foot, their monetary value will have no baring on their success. I think it's just a primer for when you get the Levy voodoo doll out.;)

Eh. I consider many things bargain bin because that is what Levy fundamentally prefers to buy, mate - cheapest option.

Not rocket science. A lot of things about Spurs are bargain bin, in the image of ENIC and Levy himself.

As for your examples - Poch, no, because he got a five or a six year deal, Soton were sorry to lose him, we had to prise him out of there.

Mourinho - no. He was a clam, not cheap.

Dele? Young punt. Dier? Likewise. Trippier? Defo bargain bin.

Nuno, sacked by Wolves, rejected by Everton and left unemployed for two months? Oh, 100% bargain bin.

It is what it is, mate. He's here because he's the cheapest we could get away with. Good man, humble guy, likeable, and I hope he does well - but I can figure out why he's here on a two-year deal after two managerless months where he was continuously available throughout, and it isn't because of his magnificent beard.

Does that origin prevent him from achieving great things with us? Certainly not, and it's a completely blank slate for me with him.

Eh. I consider many things bargain bin because that is what Levy fundamentally prefers to buy, mate - cheapest option.

Not rocket science. A lot of things about Spurs are bargain bin, in the image of ENIC and Levy himself.

As for your examples - Poch, no, because he got a five or a six year deal, Soton were sorry to lose him, we had to prise him out of there.

Nuno, sacked by Wolves, rejected by Everton and left unemployed for two months? Oh, 100% bargain bin.

It is what it is, mate. He's here because he's the cheapest we could get away with. Good man, humble guy, likeable, and I hope he does well - but I can figure out why he's here on a two-year deal after two managerless months where he was continuously available throughout, and it isn't because of his magnificent beard.

Does that origin prevent him from achieving great things with us? Certainly not, and it's a completely blank slate for me with him.

To surmise, you take issue with the club buying promising prospects - Dele etc.

You take issue with us hiring Nuno because he’s ‘too cheap’. Mourinho on the other hand was a good appointment?

Having a likeable, experienced manager who maybe allows an extra £5-10m on transfers is a good thing. You’re getting more and more desperate to find fault. Support or being a supporter has turned into a campaign/campaigner. Fine if we were like United and glaziers.

I think peoples personal frustrations are transposed onto Spurs. It’s the only explanation for their divisive campaign; because we were never greatly different to where we are now, in fact in many ways and metrics you can make a clear case for us being better off under levy.

I actually was Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:

That's one way to describe what's happening.

If Levy just wanted bargain bin and the cheapest option he could get away with why not just sign Nuno right away? Were attempts for Nagelsmann, Conte, Poch etc just for show so that fans would think that we couldn't get any better than Nuno?

I think we tried for other, higher profile, more expensive options, but when that couldn't be pushed through for various reasons the club went for the best available option - Nuno.

If the signings made over the last two years, GLC, Ndombele, Sessegnon, Mourinho, Bergwijn, Bale etc isn't enough to change the impression that Levy is just all about that bargain bin then I'm not sure what will.

I'm happy with "cheaper" options being a large part of our strategy. It's where a lot of our success has come from. With that success from the past and Paratici fresh in his job it wouldn't make sense to me for us to be all about big profile, big money signings.

That's one way to describe what's happening.

If Levy just wanted bargain bin and the cheapest option he could get away with why not just sign Nuno right away? Were attempts for Nagelsmann, Conte, Poch etc just for show so that fans would think that we couldn't get any better than Nuno?

I think we tried for other, higher profile, more expensive options, but when that couldn't be pushed through for various reasons the club went for the best available option - Nuno.

If the signings made over the last two years, GLC, Ndombele, Sessegnon, Mourinho, Bergwijn, Bale etc isn't enough to change the impression that Levy is just all about that bargain bin then I'm not sure what will.

I'm happy with "cheaper" options being a large part of our strategy. It's where a lot of our success has come from. With that success from the past and Paratici fresh in his job it wouldn't make sense to me for us to be all about big profile, big money signings.
I'm playing Devil's Advocate, but that was all to play to the masses grabbing the big names where I think most of us, and the media, could see it was never going to work, like it didn't with Jose.
In the end, I do think that Nuno is more of a perfect fit for Levy, ENIC version of Spurs, and given what he has to work with, I think he'll do very well - but we will have to be patient, it won't be all conquering attacking football, but more pragmatic. And I'm excited to see which player(s) will come up and push through to stamp their star quality on the team.
#BACKNUNO

I'm playing Devil's Advocate, but that was all to play to the masses grabbing the big names where I think most of us, and the media, could see it was never going to work, like it didn't with Jose.
In the end, I do think that Nuno is more of a perfect fit for Levy, ENIC version of Spurs, and given what he has to work with, I think he'll do very well - but we will have to be patient, it won't be all conquering attacking football, but more pragmatic. And I'm excited to see which player(s) will come up and push through to stamp their star quality on the team.
#BACKNUNO
If that was done to play with the masses it's probably one of the most damning things that could be said about Levy as it was obviously not going to win him or the club any positive momentum.

Back