• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

He’s doing a great service to Daines and the like.

Absolutely no question now who our worst ever keeper was.

Barry Daines was one of the best young goalkeepers I've seen along with a kid at West Ham called D'eath (no cheap jokes please) neither made it but Daines was playing in an awful team.

Tottenham Hotspur defender Japhet Tanganga is predicting “exciting times” for the club under new boss Nuno Espirito Santo, who will play an attacking brand of football.

The Portuguese was named as Jose Mourinho’s successor earlier this month after a lengthy search which had plenty of twists and turns.

The 47-year-old left Wolves at the end of last season after four successful campaigns and was brought to north London to try and get Spurs back to the top table of English football.

Tanganga, who is recovering from an ankle injury suffered at the end of last term, says judging by the way pre-season training has gone, the side is going to be set up in an attacking way.

“I can tell you for sure that we’re going to be attacking,” he said after attending a CPR lesson hosted by the JE3 Foundation, set-up in memory of former Spurs player Justin Edinburgh, at Riverley Primary School.

“That’s because we’ve been working hard on it in training and on pressing and implementing his ideas. I think the lads have been worked really hard and I’ve been worked really hard, so I think it’s going to be exciting times in these coming years.

“He’s been great. He’s been very interested with how Skippy [Oliver Skipp] and I have been getting on as we’ve been coming back from injury and he’s been cool.

“I think a lot of the players already love him in terms of we’ve been working hard and he’s been giving information to everyone and he’s been very transparent.

“It’s been really good, really positive with him and his staff. It’s been a great start and we’re just looking forward to seeing what the future holds.”

-independent

Obviously he's not going to say he hates him. But sounds genuine.

Tottenham youtube channel.

Thanks. That was interesting.

1st thing that hit me from that interview is that he has cliché answers to cliché questions. That I don't mind that at all, as journos mostly ask really brick questions and they only deserve stock answers in response, especially if they are repeating a question already asked. Red top fodder.

The 2nd thing is that struck me is that he is hedging on Kane, unsurprisingly. Lots of positive non-commital comments.

3rd is that the few questions he actually responded to (that were not stock answers) shows he is a smart man with a realistic understanding as to where the club is right now. That gives me more comfort than the chewing gum answers.

I like him.

Last edited:
Back