• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

For me Fergie tinkles all over Wenger as a football manager. Even just little things like using players such as Darren Fletcher against Arsenal because he’s dirty and knew Arsenal couldn’t deal with any sort of physical play whatsoever. He also rebuilt teams many times over which Wenger struggled to do and saw off up and comers like Jose. Wenger was great at identifying top attacking players but picking defensive players and a GK was never his area of expertise, I don’t think Fergie had any similar weaknesses like that. Wenger got lucky getting Judas on a free but he inherited a great back four. All he needed to do was recruit the attacking players to compliment that unit which he did. I recall one of their players saying something along the lines of the coaching was never that in-depth and they largely got by because they were drilled within in an inch of their lives from a young age. I also think his subs left a lot to be desired. He would always sub Bergkamp and bring on Wiltord with 20 mins left, he was quite predictable in this area.
Fair enough, but if I recall correctly Wenger's back line was very solid but aging and nothing to build upon - I'm thinking Dixon, Winterburn, Adams and whoever. I'd much rather have Fergie's base than Wenger's. And replacing said back four and building a very good and very French new midfield and attack is a bit more than you give him credit for in my book. Weren't Arsenal the first team to field a starting XI without a single Englishman? Still, getting Petit (perhaps karma for what we did with Fergie and Gascoigne?) and Vieira to run the midfield were more genius than winger-turned-striker Henry, which every man and David Moyes who played Football Manager in the 90s knew would work..! And afaik, Utd had and still has a far bigger budget and more pulling power than Arsenal.

They both went out on a whimper though, and proves that everything has a best before-date.

Fair enough, but if I recall correctly Wenger's back line was very solid but aging and nothing to build upon - I'm thinking Dixon, Winterburn, Adams and whoever. I'd much rather have Fergie's base than Wenger's. And replacing said back four and building a very good and very French new midfield and attack is a bit more than you give him credit for in my book. Weren't Arsenal the first team to field a starting XI without a single Englishman? Still, getting Petit (perhaps karma for what we did with Fergie and Gascoigne?) and Vieira to run the midfield were more genius than winger-turned-striker Henry, which every man and David Moyes who played Football Manager in the 90s knew would work..! And afaik, Utd had and still has a far bigger budget and more pulling power than Arsenal.

They both went out on a whimper though, and proves that everything has a best before-date.
Wenger gradually built one great team but couldn't then rebuild it.

I'm not sure that it's fair to say that Fergie went out with a whimper..... Didn't Man Utd win the PL title in his final season?

Whilst I agree, there was a lot of fans who wanted him gone
He had lost the players
The board made a call that they thought was right even if others thought it wasn’t
I didn't want him sacked, but I can understand why it was done. The decline was as sharp as it was sudden, and everything fell apart. Personally I think it was more due to Eriksen's loss of form than that the rest of the squad were falling out. He was the only pure creative outlet we had and the only one capable of running a system, or running point as they say.

Add to that, I don't think some of Poch's "esoteric" interests and a couple of his media statements helped him either.

Last edited:
Wenger gradually built one great team but couldn't then rebuild it.

I'm not sure that it's fair to say that Fergie went out with a whimper..... Didn't Man Utd win the PL title in his final season?
That may very well be, can't remember really, but I seem to recall some playful theories regarding him intentionally dismantling his team so that his successor wouldn't look as good.

I think he should go, and Paratici too as he was the one who pushed for him.

It'll be 3 months on Friday since they got here, and 6 weeks playing games. How much time does one effing need. They've had an easy ride of it and they serve up this sh.it. I think if we put immense pressure on them it'll make their job even harder, hopefully breaking them. It'll be great to have a fresh start to replace the fresh start we had way back in July. He can give back that manager of the month award he picked up just 3 weeks ago as well. Fraud.

Why should Paratici go?

How do you know he pushed for him?

None of his players he signed have played more than a handful of minutes - which I imagine annoys him

we are just 4points off top 4 having got Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project and Arse away out of the way already ... the way some wet the bed on here you'd think the club was about to cease existence. Every team bar maybe Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea are going to have these kind of dips
Actually City and Cheatski are also having these kinds of dips

E.g. Cheatski lost to City and are losing meekly to Juve as I watch, Sneezy isn't having to make saves and Juve missed a few good chances. NIGHTMAAAARE SACK THE BOARD!!!

City lost to us and Cheatski and drew with Soton and lost to PSG last night. NIGHTMAAAARE SACK THE BOARD!!!

United lost to Villa and are drawing to Villareal...NIGHTMAAAARE SACK THE BOARD!!!

Actually City and Cheatski are also having these kinds of dips

E.g. Cheatski lost to City and are losing meekly to Juve as I watch, Sneezy isn't having to make saves and Juve missed a few good chances. NIGHTMAAAARE SACK THE BOARD!!!

City lost to us and Cheatski and drew with Soton and lost to PSG last night. NIGHTMAAAARE SACK THE BOARD!!!

United lost to Villa and are drawing to Villareal...NIGHTMAAAARE SACK THE BOARD!!!

none fo these teams conceded 3 goals in their last 3 games, are bottom of the performance charts with no defined game plan

and they all have a couple of 100mllion plus players in their teams. oh and their first choice manager is in charge (can debate about ole...)

Has Nuno ever had a functional side with a back four? Wolves were awful when he used it last season and I wasn’t sure why he changed. Think he needs to get back to whatever his basics are.

Back