• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

There was a 3 minute period early into yesterday when the CM and Defence kept playing each other into trouble with worsening passes and first touches till it finally ended up with Hugo slicing it into touch.

You can blame Jose/Nuno for selections or formations, but what chance has anyone got when this is a common theme.

Yes and the buck stops with the CM there. They need to have the courage and ability to move into space, demand the ball, take it on the half turn and get us on the front foot. Otherwise what options do the defence have other than go long or pass back to Hugo who is poor with the ball at his feet which makes things worse. PEH / Skipp don’t have the ability to do that so either Ndombele or Lo Celso need to fill that role - and both are unreliable.
We are very very poor in central midfield.

Perhaps Enic just have to bite the bullet and face up to the humiliation that the managerial appointment process was a joke, as was the eventual appointment.

that would take balls though.

Nuno isn’t a fit for us, and I’m deeply uncomfortable with the notion of giving him time, 2 goals from open play and statistics in all areas pointing relegation form.

not for me.

his team plays as a mirror image of his press conference…

uncomfortable
Doesn’t want to be there
Rabbit in headlights
Passive

Now to blame everything on nuno is foolhardy, and I freely admit getting rid of him doesn’t cure issues since 2019 that have blighted our club, yet it’s a start because having him as our manager is akin to being nearly frozen to death and then jumping into an icy lake.

he has no strategy other than playing the 11 who he thinks are the fittest and most dependable, or as I suspect playing the likes of Dele, Tanguy and Kane because perhaps that’s what he has been told by others.

So my question,is there another Harry Redknapp out in the wide world? Not the most gifted tactically maybe but someone with the same sort of character, able to lift the players and the fans because that is the shot in the arm we need.

won’t solve a host of our problems but maybe it would staunch the bleeding, give us a chance and be a start.

we cannot accept a team that’s unfit and frightened to play, that’s all we’re getting. No point in giving a man time who can’t see when his car is crashing or at least take some evasive manoeuvres to prevent it.

he won’t last until January, the players aren’t buying in and certainly not running through walls for him, they won’t.

The sooner the change the better.

The first 30 minutes yesterday was embarrassing and I have to say probably the worst performance I’ve seen in my memory.

It's still early days but I have to admit that I can't remember a time when we looked so weak offensively. Les Ferdinand's first season here, after we sold Sheringham, maybe. But that was, what? 25 years ago? I missed a chunk of Villas Boas' tenure so maybe I'm being a tad harsh here.

Regardless, we don't even look like we could create a goalscoring opportunity at the moment, let alone actually score goals. Our backline was atrocious last season, so the real surprise is that we actually managed three clean sheets at the start of the season but it's our attacking performances (or lack thereof) that have me worried we're in for a relegation battle.

It's still early days but I have to admit that I can't remember a time when we looked so weak offensively. Les Ferdinand's first season here, after we sold Sheringham, maybe. But that was, what? 25 years ago? I missed a chunk of Villas Boas' tenure so maybe I'm being a tad harsh here.

Regardless, we don't even look like we could create a goalscoring opportunity at the moment, let alone actually score goals. Our backline was atrocious last season, so the real surprise is that we actually managed three clean sheets at the start of the season but it's our attacking performances (or lack thereof) that have me worried we're in for a relegation battle.
Relegation nah
But Nuno looks clueless

We are seriously in the brick.

Good teams have more quality than us. Lower quality teams will fight hard whereas we fall over.

So who are we going to beat? Imagine us playing Brentford. Before the season started, we looked miles apart from them, right now we still are but in the wrong direction. We need a manager who will get the team working and pressing hard. We don’t seem to have that.

Nuno is second favourite Premier League manager to leave their position first.

You lucky bastard.... You didn't miss anything (other than me falling asleep in the stands every other week).

Agree about how pathetic we look. Its crazy to think that we look utterly toothless despite having two of the best attackers in the league

I dont think we'll get into a relegation battle partly because we have 9 points on the board and partly because we should be able to beat the real bottom 5 or so

I dont see Nuno getting us into the top half though

I were a betting man, I'd put a quid on Santo reverting back to the winning formula he had earlier on: Hojbjerg - Skipp - Dele (possibly N'dombele). It could be enough to get us a couple of draws but he won't be able to hold on to that for too long. If we continue to create absolutely nothing (as has been the case for 6 games in the PL) our confidence will be shot.

I'll be impressed if he comes up with something different. I don't think he's good enough to turn a game around tactically but if he could, at least, get the set-up right, that would be a step in the right direction.

We are seriously in the brick.

Good teams have more quality than us. Lower quality teams will fight hard whereas we fall over.

So who are we going to beat? Imagine us playing Brentford. Before the season started, we looked miles apart from them, right now we still are but in the wrong direction. We need a manager who will get the team working and pressing hard. We don’t seem to have that.

Nuno is second favourite Premier League manager to leave their position first.
Only second

I were a betting man, I'd put a quid on Santo reverting back to the winning formula he had earlier on: Hojbjerg - Skipp - Dele (possibly N'dombele). It could be enough to get us a couple of draws but he won't be able to hold on to that for too long. If we continue to create absolutely nothing (as has been the case for 6 games in the PL) our confidence will be shot.

I'll be impressed if he comes up with something different. I don't think he's good enough to turn a game around tactically but if he could, at least, get the set-up right, that would be a step in the right direction.

His teams' lack of goals pre-dates Spurs though. Its his way of playing - trying to keep games tight. Its not a recipe for success in the PL though

I dont like the thought of sacking someone so early, but he's out of his depth. His track record shows that the lack of goals isnt a blip - its the norm

Sack him now, maybe go for Favre or Gallardo

I was thinking along these lines but moreso that Nuno found an immediate formula to prevent us conceding but then started tinkering with it to make us more expansive. As a manager who’s job ultimately demands results that seems a little strange.

It feels to me like he may have been told to play Ndombele, which I think seriously undermines him.

Agree about how pathetic we look. Its crazy to think that we look utterly toothless despite having two of the best attackers in the league

I dont think we'll get into a relegation battle partly because we have 9 points on the board and partly because we should be able to beat the real bottom 5 or so

I dont see Nuno getting us into the top half though

After the first couple of games, I said it could go either way: the wins, no matter how poor, could bring confidence and we could kick on from there or the players could start to question the system. Game after game, we're getting closer to a collapse than any real progress.

I've always been of the opinion that players shouldn't hold that much power but that's another debate. It is what it is. Unfortunately, the margins in the Premier League are very thin. Norwich will probably go down but I can see us losing against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Burnley or Leeds, like we did against Palace. The dressing room was described as 'fractured' last season. I'm guessing Aurier's release has something to do with that but if it falls apart completely, anything's possible. I don't think we would go down but I can certainly see us finishing around 15th if we carry on like that all season. Integrating Romero and Gil should be an improvement (hopefully) but if Santo can't or won't change his system, we're in for a very long season, I'm afraid.

If PSG lose to City they will have 1 point from 2 CL games, I can see them pulling the trigger, or at least the pressure really cranking up.

a proven winner and French legend in ZZ is waiting, jobless.

I'm not someone who hankers for Poch, aside from the fact that he's far more qualified than most managers we could attract (as the last manager search showed)

Back