• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Shocking from him today, from team selection to not making any changes at half time when we were being pulled apart to not making any attacking changes when behind.
This is up there with anything Mourinho did in his time here. I've zero confidence in Nuno at this point (and I know its early). Unless he changes the style of play within the
next few months I can see the fans getting fed up quickly.

we were holding our own till 1) the red, then 2) the pen - game over after that

he's a defensive but pragmatic manager, much like jose and avb imo

Squad decimated because of the internationals and Jon Moss there to finish the job.
Several external factors going on today, but I don't think that excuses everything.

Winks into a role he's imo quite clearly not well suited to when Alli has played so well there.

More or less a change from a flat 4-3-3 to a diamond with Alli centrally instead of on the left of the front three.

Those two decisions solved nothing and caused us several problems.

Rodon showed why he could have easily been trusted to start. Which could have left an in form, settled Tanganga in the role he's been playing really well instead of chucking Emerson on for a difficult debut.

Emerson did alright, I see no reason to think Tanganga wouldn't have done better.

We came out in the second half with no new solutions, nothing had changed. We were just hoping Palace wouldn't score and perhaps we could nick a goal if Lucas or Hojbjerg won the ball in a good area for us to break.

I know it's early, I know the circumstances were really difficult, I have a lot of time for Nuno. This was poor though.

Dier has been shielded with the entire team helping the defence out.
Dele looks like a kid who's just started playing pro. New position sure but show some senior leadership, act like the big bro who cares, be an example and get stuck in.
I think Levy has favourites, can't see why Mourinho and Paratici would keep Davies.
Well Dier has started well
Dele has too in a new role
Davie did just well well past it for us and that showed again

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We Should all get behind Nuno He’s got a tough job and we should not forget that

My thoughts as well, 1 defeat in four games and the knives are already out for him. I am not happy about our perfomance the same as others but we had a few problems before the game even started no wonder we played crap. Players out of the country, Dier getting injured, Son and Bergwijn unfit. Tanganga getting sent off.

Is Nuno the answer??? who knows but for fudges sake lets give him time before we ( some start) getting on his back.

To Doze is to Do

I like Nuno - seems like a very nice guy, and the sort of person you want to succeed. I also think that because of those reasons, fans will give him longer than someone with a more questionable personality. However I think he's going to need either improve the brand of football or get us top 4 if he's going to succeed at Spurs. Its good that in the first 3 games we've had some shape (today we didnt) and thats helped make us more solid, however I think he'll start to lose the fans if we play unadventurous and are say 7th/8th in the table come January

This season was always a transitional one (for me, anyway) so I dont think league position is necessarily the 'be-all-and-end-all' but people will want to see progress. Having a shape/system is a start, but I think there needs to be more bravery both in possession and without the ball

We Should all get behind Nuno He’s got a tough job and we should not forget that
Much easier if he has a go. I’d rather lose with a clear change in strategy, direction, plan. Just implementing a rubbish version of Mourinho isn’t going to cut it.

I saw some Wolves fans comments on Twitter replying to Spurs threads saying it was pretty much like that for the last 2 years.

My thoughts as well, 1 defeat in four games and the knives are already out for him. I am not happy about our perfomance the same as others but we had a few problems before the game even started no wonder we played crap. Players out of the country, Dier getting injured, Son and Bergwijn unfit. Tanganga getting sent off.

Is Nuno the answer??? who knows but for fudges sake lets give him time before we ( some start) getting on his back.
Scary thing is all the talk of him being a negative manager based in his time at one club
Maybe he is trying to fix the basics right now
And yep…. He got it wrong today
But he had a brick hand after these internationals
Shambolic how we play at that time and also lose so many players. We always seem to get the 12.30 slot after internationals too

To Doze is to Do

I like Nuno - seems like a very nice guy, and the sort of person you want to succeed. I also think that because of those reasons, fans will give him longer than someone with a more questionable personality. However I think he's going to need either improve the brand of football or get us top 4 if he's going to succeed at Spurs. Its good that in the first 3 games we've had some shape (today we didnt) and thats helped make us more solid, however I think he'll start to lose the fans if we play unadventurous and are say 7th/8th in the table come January

This season was always a transitional one (for me, anyway) so I dont think league position is necessarily the 'be-all-and-end-all' but people will want to see progress. Having a shape/system is a start, but I think there needs to be more bravery both in possession and without the ball
Didn’t see yours before I posted but same thoughts.

Back