• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

There was a short video message from Nuno on the Youtube channel of the club where he says some lovely words and "we're going to make you proud", followed by what seemed to be a flicker of insecurity and doubt as he looked away from the camera - and I brick you not, it's been removed! Haha.

Worry not. It’s coming to a meme near you very soon.

The poor bloke ain’t gonna know what hits him with our fans
At least he is starting with a low bar of expectation
How he ever changed the mentality though, if he does will be a miracle

A decent appointment, let's give him our support.

I'm just slightly concerned about this quote from Levy;

"I believe Nuno is the man who can take our talented group of players, embrace our young players coming through and build something special."

This suggests he thinks the squad is good enough. Preparing us for a quiet window perhaps?

Not my first choice or Levy's for that matter... but then again neither was Poch or Redknap and both done much better than anyone expected.

You can probably add Jol to that as well.

"I believe Nuno is the man who can take our talented group of players, embrace our young players coming through and build something special."

This suggests he thinks the squad is good enough. Preparing us for a quiet window perhaps?

I reckon we've gotten Paratici in to get players in and out. Would be weird if we didn't in his first summer in charge!

Honestly, at the very least he does come off as more down-to-earth and nicer than his predecessor. I don't think he'll be abusing his own players during press conferences, but I really wonder how the squad are reacting to his appointment. Did any of the players welcome him on twitter yet?

Finally, a manager!

Not my first choice, but could have been worse (Southgate, Martinez, Benitez) and his teams do knock the ball around. Let's hope we're a bit more attacking than Wolves were last year though

Hopefully everyone will get behind him, even if we all have a few reservations and he wasnt many people's first choice

It's not like he can say they're a bricky group of players lol... there are some bright spots even if we do sell Kane, although I'm hoping Reguilon keeps the brain-farts in check next season and doesn't score any more own goals. I still have faith in Ndombele and Lo Celso, and I also am hoping PEH can improve under Nuno.

I read that the same way too!!

I think we'll do a lot of business this summer, both in and out

Back