• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Tbf, it was also rumoured that he was very distant and not very communicative.
Also, it's pointless getting into social media thanks etc when they are ultimately the reason he's gone after only 10 league games.
It's a different thing if, say, Nuno had been here many years with them like say Poch.

They'd be damned if they did anyway ("why didn't you put in similar effort on the picth" etc would be a typical response from some..)

Dignified silence is often best imo
To me, It doesn't matter how he was. I had a manager who didn't treat me right. My decency is my decency. Good people will always do good things. I still greeted and sent my ex manager off with well wishes when he was retiring.

Conte will track down whoever leaked this and kill then!!

It’s pretty snide thing to leak imo, you’ve got him sacked and not following a coaching drill in good faith says more about the players than the coach. Have they not seen the Karate Kid?!?

I can’t fudging stand these articles that come out when our Manager gets sacked. Always some taco ‘close to our squad’ that can’t help running their mouth. It was that Poch was too ‘my way or the highway’, and Jose was too loose with his training, and now it’s that Nuno wasn’t as charismatic as those two and did a drill they didn’t understand.

Seriously, fudge those guys. Whoever is leaking I hope Conte sells them immediately in January. It’s telling that all the Spurs journos describe Winks as ‘crestfallen’ or ‘heartbroken’ because Nuno split the squad up for the Conference League. If it is Winks, he’s a fudging idiot. Whoever it is, we need to get them out.

These stories come out like clockwork, blaming the ex Manager for perfectly normal character traits or decisions that would go over well if we were getting results, which then become a problem the moment we aren’t. But it’s spoken of in such absolutes and it grinds my gears no end.

Wolves 5-3-2 was really really defensive. I would imagine in his remit to play more attacking football he thought a formation change would aid this.

However it's tactics more than formation that makes the line up defensive v attacking.

I can’t fudging stand these articles that come out when our Manager gets sacked. Always some taco ‘close to our squad’ that can’t help running their mouth. It was that Poch was too ‘my way or the highway’, and Jose was too loose with his training, and now it’s that Nuno wasn’t as charismatic as those two and did a drill they didn’t understand.

Seriously, fudge those guys. Whoever is leaking I hope Conte sells them immediately in January. It’s telling that all the Spurs journos describe Winks as ‘crestfallen’ or ‘heartbroken’ because Nuno split the squad up for the Conference League. If it is Winks, he’s a fudging idiot. Whoever it is, we need to get them out.

These stories come out like clockwork, blaming the ex Manager for perfectly normal character traits or decisions that would go over well if we were getting results, which then become a problem the moment we aren’t. But it’s spoken of in such absolutes and it grinds my gears no end.
Don't let it bother you

Journalists talk to 30 senior pros and 30 juniors and 30 staff and weasel and winkle until one of them says "well, there was one time when he walked past me without saying hi" and then they write a piece entitled "Top Pro slams sad and distant ex Spurs Manager"

Ignore the press are just bottom feeders.

Ignore the press are just bottom feeders.

It's a bit of a kick in the teeth for Nuno though. fudging man was trying to do a tough job in impossible circumstances that he was the wrong choice for and that drill seems pretty normal to me. Yet it's spun like Nuno is some sort of clueless idiot. Dancing on the man's grave a bit.

I know the journo will have spun it but it'd be great if our lot could show a bit of class and keep their mouths shut rather than demonstrating their ignorance knowing it'll be spun to kick Nuno.

It's a bit of a kick in the teeth for Nuno though. fudging man was trying to do a tough job in impossible circumstances that he was the wrong choice for and that drill seems pretty normal to me. Yet it's spun like Nuno is some sort of clueless idiot. Dancing on the man's grave a bit.

I know the journo will have spun it but it'd be great if our lot could show a bit of class and keep their mouths shut rather than demonstrating their ignorance knowing it'll be spun to kick Nuno.
Don’t pay any attention to these type of Dressing Room tittle tattle articles they are written by scum

To me, It doesn't matter how he was. I had a manager who didn't treat me right. My decency is my decency. Good people will always do good things. I still greeted and sent my ex manager off with well wishes when he was retiring.

That's all fair, but my main point really is that i wouldn't be judging the players by what they have or have not posted on social media...who knows if some have gone to him personally and in private in any case

Yes, I totally agree with this. My problem isn’t with the press. Because when times were good under Poch, there were no leaks. Every member of the squad was bought in and realised that they didn’t want to ruin something that was clearly very special.

So the players and the people close to them do have some agency here. They can choose not to give anything up when it suits them. It’s the fact that every time a Manager of ours gets sacked these stories come out making it seem like the most recent guy was horrible and nothing like the fantastic previous guy, who was also horrible when he got sacked. It looks like arse covering from our players. They are capable of not saying anything, and in the case of Nuno given so many people seem to acknowledge he was put into a bricky situation that really wasn’t his fault, and that he acted like a gentleman, the least our players could do is maybe not try and leak stuff to paint him in a bad light to boost their own reputations. It happens every time and it’s a really brick thing to do.

Yes, I totally agree with this. My problem isn’t with the press. Because when times were good under Poch, there were no leaks. Every member of the squad was bought in and realised that they didn’t want to ruin something that was clearly very special.

So the players and the people close to them do have some agency here. They can choose not to give anything up when it suits them. It’s the fact that every time a Manager of ours gets sacked these stories come out making it seem like the most recent guy was horrible and nothing like the fantastic previous guy, who was also horrible when he got sacked. It looks like arse covering from our players. They are capable of not saying anything, and in the case of Nuno given so many people seem to acknowledge he was put into a bricky situation that really wasn’t his fault, and that he acted like a gentleman, the least our players could do is maybe not try and leak stuff to paint him in a bad light to boost their own reputations. It happens every time and it’s a really brick thing to do.

I think we have to also bear in mind that these leaks post a sacking often suit the club hierarchy too..

It's been like this for ever. When Christian Gross got the sack, I could find two Spurs players interviews, back home in Croatia: one was Christ Armstrong saying 'we have to held our hands up and admit we let him down'. It's not in the slightest bit interesting but at least, it's par for the course. The minimum you would expect. And then there was another one from Les Ferdinand who said: 'Well, I hope he learned something with us'. Yeah, like you had something to teach him in the first place... Some things never change.

It would be nice if one player took the time to thank him for the work he put in but, if anything, football is even more unforgiving now than it was 25 years ago.

I think he will take some time out to be with his family and back home in Portugal for a bit. He deserves a break. A good man IMO, and the figure he was cutting on the touchline recently was very sad, he seemed very forlorn and alone. Good luck to him and I thank him for all he tried to do.

It's been like this for ever. When Christian Gross got the sack, I could find two Spurs players interviews, back home in Croatia: one was Christ Armstrong saying 'we have to held our hands up and admit we let him down'. It's not in the slightest bit interesting but at least, it's par for the course. The minimum you would expect. And then there was another one from Les Ferdinand who said: 'Well, I hope he learned something with us'. Yeah, like you had something to teach him in the first place... Some things never change.

It would be nice if one player took the time to thank him for the work he put in but, if anything, football is even more unforgiving now than it was 25 years ago.

I could not agree more!!!!!!!!

Is it true that Nuno wasn't able to bring his backroom staff with him? How different from Mourinho and Conte and if so why?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back