• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Just read The Athletic article on how and why it unravelled. Good article but not much we couldn’t have figured out by watching the team. The article does lay out how catastrophic some of Nunos decisions were though like splitting the squad for Europe.

One interesting thing in it was that apparently before the 2-2 at Goodison last year, the players held a vote on whether they wanted Mourinho in charge or not. 2 players wanted him to stay on. I was shocked it was that bad but The Athletic reckon it was toxic. Kane, I’d imagine, was one of the 2 - wonder who the other was.
Lucas
Said only last week he was the best manager he has ever had

Hojbjerg.

Not 100% sure why everyone has Kane down as backing Jose. Kane asked for his initial transfer (the one where he allegedly got his gentleman's agreement to leave this summer) the summer before last when Jose was in position. It wasn't like he was wedded to the idea of success here with Mourinho. I know he was supportive in his tweets etc but that is as much just good PR. He wasn't staying here because Jose was a "serial winner".

Down the right. Conte would play him as a wing-back, so he'd revert to his orthodox side. You only go inverted when its more inside forwards/narrow in a 4-2-3-1

It was a long time ago, we played him on the left though right?

Waddle was right side?

It was a long time ago, we played him on the left though right?

Waddle was right side?

1960-90s you often only played wingers on the left, with a narrow/third CM on the right. It was just some weird tradition. So right-footed Waddle played on the left, because that was the default wingers position.

Not 100% sure why everyone has Kane down as backing Jose. Kane asked for his initial transfer (the one where he allegedly got his gentleman's agreement to leave this summer) the summer before last when Jose was in position. It wasn't like he was wedded to the idea of success here with Mourinho. I know he was supportive in his tweets etc but that is as much just good PR. He wasn't staying here because Jose was a "serial winner".
I don't think whatever manager happens to be or not be in place is the driver of Kane's decision to want out of Spurs.

Waddle was actually good with both feet.
He was, but he was left-footed. He played as an inverted winger, which I'm sure you recall better than me.
I remember an interview he did were he said he only started working on his right foot when he was in his early 20s, before that he never used it.

That is not saying a lot though is it?

Granted some media is brick and just looking for clicks but I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush. To be fair, the media called it yesterday that something was happening and they were dead right.

Had you told me then or even this morning that Conte would come, I'd have laughed you out the door but the media were reporting it. If he joins, you'd have to give them credit for that.

Generally, I find the broadsheets and The Athletic very good sources.

Granted some media is brick and just looking for clicks but I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush. To be fair, the media called it yesterday that something was happening and they were dead right.

Had you told me then or even this morning that Conte would come, I'd have laughed you out the door but the media were reporting it. If he joins, you'd have to give them credit for that.

Generally, I find the broadsheets and The Athletic very good sources.

i agree that there is media that is better then some, but at the end of the day they have space to fill and are not behind the door to fill it in with rubbish. It takes a foolish man to believe everything they read despite what outlet its in.

He was, but he was left-footed. He played as an inverted winger, which I'm sure you recall better than me.
I remember an interview he did were he said he only started working on his right foot when he was in his early 20s, before that he never used it.

He played on both flanks and changed from side to side in a lot of games.

Back