• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Norwich

I think gravitating away from the City is a natural thing for a lot of us. We work from home for the most part and from our mid thirties moved 4 times to places basically all scoped out as potential settling places, it took the fourth move to finally set long term (probably forever if I'm honest) roots down.

Depending on how much you want to slow down...Bristol is a good shout, Brighton is similar. We lived in Brighton for a bit, socially you are catered lite.rally for everything. We actually moved on BECAUSE of that...saving money was hard, so much just going on all the time. (Lewes is an option)

The market towns are almost always pretty pleasent. I suppose anywhere 'nice' might come with higher costs attached?.

Winchester, Salisbury, Guildford, Windsor, Kingston if heading SW.
The A25 has some lovely towns and villages along it. Near to the M25, train links to London and easy to Gatwick. Reigate was one of our favourite places we lived.

Cambridge is a lovely city and good access into the Lane if you go to games?

I love being a 'visitor' to London these days, a short blast of the bits we love to.

I'm sure others will give you some pointers.

Reigate is nice but isn't far off London prices now, in the last few years so many people from London have moved there that it's just one big building site - everyone is putting massive extensions on etc.

Horsham is quite nice, decent transport links. Looking at moving round that area myself in a few years.

Reigate is nice but isn't far off London prices now, in the last few years so many people from London have moved there that it's just one big building site - everyone is putting massive extensions on etc.

Horsham is quite nice, decent transport links. Looking at moving round that area myself in a few years.
We moved to Horsham from Reigate in 2003. Just as tha Capitol theatre was redone and the Lesuire centre in the park completed. It's a good town and they've done a good job of the town centre areas. When we first moved it did feel a little old people for us but I think since then all the town centre development has gone on it has the usual identikit restaurant/cafe/bar scene going on and a new central cinema. Big combined John Lewis and Waitrose. We jumped ship 2008 but go back as we have friends there.

Some of the town's a bit across are nice, Hassocks, Hurstpierpoint etc.. being on that main Brighton line as well as the Thameslink is useful.

We moved to Horsham from Reigate in 2003. Just as tha Capitol theatre was redone and the Lesuire centre in the park completed. It's a good town and they've done a good job of the town centre areas. When we first moved it did feel a little old people for us but I think since then all the town centre development has gone on it has the usual identikit restaurant/cafe/bar scene going on and a new central cinema. Big combined John Lewis and Waitrose. We jumped ship 2008 but go back as we have friends there.

Some of the town's a bit across are nice, Hassocks, Hurstpierpoint etc.. being on that main Brighton line as well as the Thameslink is useful.

Yeah I think it's got all the usual chain restaurants, hard to find any decent sized places that haven't gone that way - think it still has a lot of old pubs.

Do you know much about Burgess Hill or Haywards Heath? Was going to look there too, good connections and seem like nice enough places.

Don’t forget asking prices are aspirational Barry - a house is only worth what someone will pay for it and good like to you.

Yeah I think it's got all the usual chain restaurants, hard to find any decent sized places that haven't gone that way - think it still has a lot of old pubs.

Do you know much about Burgess Hill or Haywards Heath? Was going to look there too, good connections and seem like nice enough places.
I've only probably been to each a couple of times, so couldn't really say. Good train connections though and the a23 is pretty decent.

My friends who are still at Horsham really love it there, easy to get out into the countryside as well.

Don’t forget asking prices are aspirational Barry - a house is only worth what someone will pay for it and good like to you.
Even with a 10% adjustment it's out of my price range sadly. :D
Although I love your passion for the place - will have to visit it sometime.

Even with a 10% adjustment it's out of my price range sadly. :D
Although I love your passion for the place - will have to visit it sometime.

The further west you go the better. Loads of stuff being build southwards around Pulborough. Better life than Crawley Horsham.

Horsham has a restaurant with a star now doesn't it?

Usually a decent sign of somewhere being liveable.

12828290.jpg

Back