• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Can someone please step me through the process by which popo will stop our first match being against Arsenal?

As I understand it, we will get the stadium ready and get it signed off by popo and by the council/various H&S nerds. Once it's been signed off, as per our agreement with the PL we will inform the PL that we are switching our matches to the new WHL. We already have an agreement with Haringey for us to play football matches at the new stadium as this was dealt with at planning.

So how do popo stop us playing our first match whenever the fudge we like, and if they did why would they not be liable for our losses caused in doing so?

The test events won’t include opposition fans so although they can sign off for the amount of people allowed to go to a match, it won’t be until a match is played with live opposition fans in they will know how well fans segregate on arrival and exit. So to make the first one a derby would be tempting fate I think. Just my 2 cents. Can understand why they are thinking that.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk Pro

Re: Northumberland Development Project

The Vikings on Monday announced there new stadium designs. Looking at this article and others when reading about NFL teams, it amazes me how much money teams get from local authorities. The design looks awful though, don't understand this look of putting a stadium inside a shopping centre/mall look.

Vikings fans can finally be proud of their football stadium after the team revealed designs for their new home on Monday night.

Although the stadium won't have a retractable roof, the geometrically designed structure will feature tons of transparent glass siding that will look into Minneapolis' business district. The design should flood the field with natural light while maintaining an impressive view of the city's skyline.

One HKS representative at the unveiling claimed, “clear is the new retractable.” HKS is the same architectural firm that conceived plans for Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis and Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Some of the siding and roof will contain ETFE, the same transparent material used for the Beijing National Aquatics Center in the 2008 Olympics.

The stadium will feature two scoreboards, each 50 x 120 feet in size. It will house 150 suites, 7,500 club-level seats and a Vikings team Hall of Fame to honor the purple-and-gold greats.

The 65,000-seat, multi-purpose stadium is budgeted for $975 million.

“We're very excited about where it's headed,” Lester Bagley, the team's vice president for stadium development said. “It'll have lots of glass and light and a very open feel to it.

The Vikings have spent the last 31 years at the Metrodome, whose roof famously caved in after a particularly brutal snowstorm in 2010. The new stadium will stand in place of the Metrodome, which will see its last season in 2013.

In order to avoid another roof disaster, the ceiling will have a sharper angle to better withstand Minnesota's heavy snow showers.

The Vikings are responsible for incurring nearly half the costs of the stadium while the state of Minnesota has pledged around $350 million to the project. The city itself had offered $150 million.

The yet-to-be-named stadium could also generate some funds with an endorsement deal.

The Vikings are set to play the 2014 and 2015 seasons at TCF Bank Stadium, currently the home of the Minnesota Gophers. If all goes according to plan, the Vikings would play their inaugural season in 2016.

[video=youtube;MAt_ooyAEsQ]

Took them two half years to build and move in

Thanks for the replies. It sounds fairly chaotic process - which is perhaps understandable.
Who gets to be overseer of the project on the ground - i.e. onsite 24/7, has full understanding of everything that "should" be happening and is able to compare that with the realty of what actually "is" happening?

Because if there is such an actor, shouldn't they have been the party preventing the initial problems from arising, or at least continuing. And the ultimately responsible party. Or is there no such party.

I’m meeting some directors soon from Johnson Controls who are doing the work so I’ll ask

It used to be Tyco and before that Wormauld Ansell

There is a guy online claiming they have fitted the wrong sprinkler heads but that’s a straight swap out I’d true as their basically clever plumbing fittings

This will be interesting. Thanks.

Nice, have they got a retractable football pitch underneath the Astro as well?

Where did they play their home games whilst they were doing this?

'The Vikings are set to play the 2014 and 2015 seasons at TCF Bank Stadium, currently the home of the Minnesota Gophers. If all goes according to plan, the Vikings would play their inaugural season in 2016'.

Surely if there are safety concerns with the Arsenal match we can just reduce the away allocation to something more manageable. It happens to us so what goes around, comes around.
"We can now reveal that the opening game in our new stadium will be against Arsenal. Due to security concerns, we confirm that away fans will not be permitted to attend."

The test events won’t include opposition fans so although they can sign off for the amount of people allowed to go to a match, it won’t be until a match is played with live opposition fans in they will know how well fans segregate on arrival and exit. So to make the first one a derby would be tempting fate I think. Just my 2 cents. Can understand why they are thinking that.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk Pro
I get why they might, what I don't understand is what measure the police can do to stop it if they want.

Because the building costs will likely be drawn from a credit facility specifically for the project, and not the clubs regular finances?
Forget pots. Forget "regular finances" .The club has limited resources. Any financing of the cost of the stadium has to be serviced: Interest has to be paid by the club. Debts have to be repaid within agreed time frames or refinancing arranged and further interest and debt repayments made. Any money paid on servicing and repaying the debts cannot be spent on players' transfer fees, contracts, or anything else for that matter.
Funds can't be spent twice by magically creating a money tree by putting the limited resources into different "pots".
Our transfer expenditure will inevitably be limited by repaying the cost of the new stadium, unless and until the extra funds created by utilisation of the new stadium are enough to repay that debt and interest while still creating a surplus to increase transfer fee and contract expenditure.
Of course, the club could borrow even more and take a punt on new world-class players hoping that the club will win every competition going, enabling them to charge more money for the product thus enabling them to repay the debts and interest and therefore survive. Who'd pay for that and how risky would the strategy be?
They could also try the Liverpool route and sell the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Sanchez and Son for vast amounts and cleverly reinvest in replacements plus additional top-class players who won't harm but enhance the teams performances.
They could try to go the Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea route and sell out to a multi-billionaire sugar-daddy for whom money is no object when spending on his toy.
They could try to attract equity investors for half a billion or so, without losing their control of the club. However outside investors are likely to want reassurances of a change in dividend policy, and money paid in dividends can't be spent on new players. ENIC haven't paid themselves a penny in dividends since around 2004-5.
Or they could carry on with the same principles they have used since to get the club to its present position which is arguably as good as it has been since the 1960's.
Difficult choices.

I get why they might, what I don't understand is what measure the police can do to stop it if they want.
I believe they can stop us getting the safety certificate, I think they can do this at any event at any time if we do not follow their instruction (just by refusing to police the game).

I believe they can stop us getting the safety certificate, I think they can do this at any event at any time if we do not follow their instruction (just by refusing to police the game).
I believe the safety certificate would be awarded on the basis of the test events. What we do after that should be our choice.

I imagine the 4K Arsenal fans will be more concerned about a lack of police presence than the 58k Spurs fans.

I believe the safety certificate would be awarded on the basis of the test events. What we do after that should be our choice.

I imagine the 4K Arsenal fans will be more concerned about a lack of police presence than the 58k Spurs fans.
you need the police to police an event otherwise the terms of the safety certificate or license to put on the event is void. I am not an expert in this so do not know the
From my reading you need a safety critificate for each game ("The level of risk for each match will be determined in advance."), the police advise the local Authority and they give or remove permission. you don't get the certificate and away you go... it's the LA choice on how to proceed after that not the clubs.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/a...-match-day-policing-works-in-english-football

General Safety Certificates

The level of risk for each match will be determined in advance. Each stadium will have a Safety Advisory Group. The stadium Safety Advisory Group is a non-statutory advisory entity chaired by the Local Authority that will include the club, the police and local emergency services as members. The Local Authority will receive advice from the Safety Advisory Group as to the risk of disorder and will determine issues relating to the General Safety Certificate. The General Safety Certificate is a legislative requirement (under Section 1, Safety of Sports Ground Act 1975) before football can take place at a designated stadium with a capacity for more than 10,000 spectators.17

....If the risk category is not agreed by the club, it will usually make representations to the Safety Advisory Group and the police may ask that the Local Authority amend or revoke the General Safety Certificate so as to prevent football taking place at the stadium.

Forget pots. Forget "regular finances" .The club has limited resources. Any financing of the cost of the stadium has to be serviced: Interest has to be paid by the club. Debts have to be repaid within agreed time frames or refinancing arranged and further interest and debt repayments made. Any money paid on servicing and repaying the debts cannot be spent on players' transfer fees, contracts, or anything else for that matter.
Funds can't be spent twice by magically creating a money tree by putting the limited resources into different "pots".
Our transfer expenditure will inevitably be limited by repaying the cost of the new stadium, unless and until the extra funds created by utilisation of the new stadium are enough to repay that debt and interest while still creating a surplus to increase transfer fee and contract expenditure.
Of course, the club could borrow even more and take a punt on new world-class players hoping that the club will win every competition going, enabling them to charge more money for the product thus enabling them to repay the debts and interest and therefore survive. Who'd pay for that and how risky would the strategy be?
They could also try the Liverpool route and sell the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Sanchez and Son for vast amounts and cleverly reinvest in replacements plus additional top-class players who won't harm but enhance the teams performances.
They could try to go the Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea route and sell out to a multi-billionaire sugar-daddy for whom money is no object when spending on his toy.
They could try to attract equity investors for half a billion or so, without losing their control of the club. However outside investors are likely to want reassurances of a change in dividend policy, and money paid in dividends can't be spent on new players. ENIC haven't paid themselves a penny in dividends since around 2004-5.
Or they could carry on with the same principles they have used since to get the club to its present position which is arguably as good as it has been since the 1960's.
Difficult choices.

The club will have a credit facility from which to draw funds to service the build. This is not the same as using their own cash reserves.

This facility will be well managed, I have no doubt. Quite possibly not even due repayments at this time.

Regardless, you spend money on your credit card, and you pay it back monthly. The car comes back from its MOT with a list of repairs, it costs a bomb and you put that on the credit card - do those monthly repayments jump through the roof? Or do they go up a small but manageable amount?

This is essentially what we are talking about.

You can forget about the notions of finance/financing if you like, but you would be wrong to do so.

you need the police to police an event otherwise the terms of the safety certificate or license to put on the event is void. I am not an expert in this so do not know the
From my reading you need a safety critificate for each game ("The level of risk for each match will be determined in advance."), the police advise the local Authority and they give or remove permission. you don't get the certificate and away you go... it's the LA choice on how to proceed after that not the clubs.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/a...-match-day-policing-works-in-english-football

General Safety Certificates

The level of risk for each match will be determined in advance. Each stadium will have a Safety Advisory Group. The stadium Safety Advisory Group is a non-statutory advisory entity chaired by the Local Authority that will include the club, the police and local emergency services as members. The Local Authority will receive advice from the Safety Advisory Group as to the risk of disorder and will determine issues relating to the General Safety Certificate. The General Safety Certificate is a legislative requirement (under Section 1, Safety of Sports Ground Act 1975) before football can take place at a designated stadium with a capacity for more than 10,000 spectators.17

....If the risk category is not agreed by the club, it will usually make representations to the Safety Advisory Group and the police may ask that the Local Authority amend or revoke the General Safety Certificate so as to prevent football taking place at the stadium.
So it's our job to put together a stadium, the job of the police to stop and trouble.

If the police are incapable of doing their job and in failing to do so damage our income, I can see a case where they would be liable.

Back