• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

If you re-read Levys last statement they say they were already testing the critical safety measures, in preparation of getting a certificate issued.

My take on that is that they will have tested them and if they are right, then they know the test events will guarantee them a certificate. They wont have any further test events if there is any uncertainty over whether they may or may not get a certificate. They would probably have someone from the saferty board (not sure what they are called) test it all before official events take place.

So the next update should be that safety stuff has been ticked and test events are booked in to tick off and issue the certificate. Same basis as it was going to be a month before the Liverpool game before the wiring issues happened.

Im going for an announcement today and Leicester as the first game.

Since the stadium rebuild IIRC whenever the press have written an article saying there's going to be a further delay, there has been a further delay....So we should expect a further delay...March is it then:(

He used to co-host the Tottenham Way podcast, until he left ESPN and moved to the Standard. I remember him discussing how his enjoyment of games had changed enormously once he started having to attend as a journalist rather than a fan. Another Spurs-fan journo (Greg Stobart maybe) said much the same.
Perhaps it's the need to remain objective that makes him go too much in the other direction sometimes.

I worked as a journalist a few years back and was assigned to Tottenham by my boss (who was also a yid), and can concur. Maybe you over compensate a bit to not sound like a fan. Also, I had to quit just to get my enjoyment of watching spurs play again. It was a big decision, I had landed the dream job, but ultimately chose to quit to be able to enjoy it from a fan perspective again. No point writing about something you no longer enjoy as much as you once did because you have to write about it. ;)

He used to co-host the Tottenham Way podcast, until he left ESPN and moved to the Standard. I remember him discussing how his enjoyment of games had changed enormously once he started having to attend as a journalist rather than a fan. Another Spurs-fan journo (Greg Stobart maybe) said much the same.
Perhaps it's the need to remain objective that makes him go too much in the other direction sometimes.

Makes sense, can certainly understand that.

Have 2 holidays booked from 6 months ago, one mistakenly clashes with Arsenal as calendar hadn't updated and booked in a rush, one clashes with Palace, both going to cost £100s to change, however can't do anything about either

Defended the club a lot, said we need to get in ASAP, but really is getting to the point we should just move in next year. Almost guarantee we get drawn away in 6th round of FA cup at which point we are into April
Also guess now we are committed to champions league at Wembley now anyway.

Think they are now digging themselves a bigger hole and a announcement for next season would be a positive move

Full statement :

We have now received a post-Christmas/New Year update from the contractors involved in the critical safety systems at our new stadium.

The past month has seen remedial works take place, software issues resolved and corrected safety equipment installations increase. Testing has also continued.

We are now liaising with the contractors and building control at Haringey Council to determine a schedule of commissioning, building test dates and building control sign-offs, along with formal test event dates.

Given the time required to deliver these and the test events, we can confirm that our Premier League matches against Watford (30 January), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (2 February) and Leicester City (10 February) – and our Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund (13 February) – will take place at Wembley Stadium.

Should we continue to progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup and have a home draw, this too would be played at Wembley Stadium (weekend of 16/17 February).

In order to reduce the inconvenience to fans, the three Premier League matches will be refunded in one transaction and similarly all three games can be purchased together in one transaction. All three matches will be Category C pricing from the 2017/18 season. The 51,000 capacity cap will apply for these fixtures.

Daniel Levy, Chairman, said: “I should like to apologise to our fans and thank you for your continued patience. The response from those who attended the familiarisation event was great to hear and reinforced our commitment to deliver an exceptional matchday experience for everyone. We shall now seek clarity in respect of building test schedules and test event dates and provide further information on these in the next two to three weeks.”

Oh well....it always looked unlikely tbh, remember how unprepared the stadium looked for the Liverpool match?

I think it wont open until April or even next season now...plus don't expect any new signings until the summer now too

Back