• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I wouldnt have thiught anyone hiring the ground would care what went wrong.. as lomg as the ground is safe and signed off

This “rooster up” is nothing to do with spurs other than the comms. And that wasnt managed as well as it could have been due to a leak it seeems

Even if the club knew earlier but actually issuing details of the test game soublily they have shown the League they intended to play only one game away. Things haven’t gone to plan and the club have a short term fix for it.

The onky issue now is how the City game is managed as we can’t use Wembley

It has to be ready for the City game as I understand it due to NFL at Wembley

I imagine we will face a points deduction/fine if it has to be postponed.

The club fecked up with the communication but have reacted well since, which is the best most could hope for.

I hope this is a lesson in communication for the club Moving forward.

Just hope the 3 million per game fee Wembley are charging is fake news

Last edited:

The club fecked up with the communication but have reacted well since, which is the best most could hope for.

Don’t belueve that fee for one second and it’s typical internet rumours IMO

wonder what the Mace daily charge is to Spurs. They would be paying fines I would have thought. Not worked with Mace before but lots of other large contractors.

How do you think the 'Wenger Out' rude boys ended up emptying the Emirates? Through hand signals? Word of mouth?

No, it started on Twitter and on social media - a movement that ended up emptying the stadium and forcing Wenger's departure.
I think the only reason that The Emirates became gradually more empty is because they were doing badly and had nothing to fight for. They have a large number of Season Ticket holders who hold a season ticket just to attend the big games and then give their ticket away for the lesser games (I have 4 work colleagues who do exactly this, 1 who lives in Edinburgh and another in Belfast). The problem was that last season as it became clearer and clearer that they weren't going to finish in the CL qualifying positions those ST holders couldn't even give their tickets away. Should dingdong Emery repeat the feat and have them well outside the CL positions this season I bet we would see the Emirates just as sparsely populated.

Ok, I don’t want to say they never make mistakes. But it is a matter of trust and aboit thinkng of the bigger picture. To you, the ‘NFL apology’ was a heinous act, I’m merely saying there was probably a very good reason it was included. If you don’t want to engage with that point, fine...

Indeed. It was included because I have no doubt whatsoever that the NFL game being moved has potentially big ramifications. I suspect there were provisions and clause and all that, but it does not alter the fact that it won't have helped with the NFL so far as rep goes. Again, I am sure they will all be fine with each other, but anyone who thinks it will be all peace and roses is being naive IMO. The game was advertised as being at the new stadium, and you can bet there will be mentions throughout the game of "how it was meant to be at our place, etc"...so I think it is absolutely appropriate that Spurs do whatever they have to to placate any bruised NFL psyches.

Did she say that you buy a ticket for the match, not the stadium? If so, that is a really, really silly thing to say at this time. Is it accurate? 400%.

I saw an email from a mate where she said on an Iphone reply "sorry for the inconvience you can still enjoy the game as its still happening" not great but not terrible.

I think where this is a mess is maybe not PR but managing expectations, from what I know the whole safety system failure is only a small element of what is holding back the opening. The September opening was very very ambitious. When we announced the teat events back in 24th July that was a sign from the club to say we were on track, for us to have been on track from that point a number of stars were having to align, trust me.

I applaud the club for being ambitious but its that ambition thats landed them in this so called PR messy spot

I think the initial game (Fulham) was 2, but subsequent ones will absolutely be more. Sadly, this is going to be expensive!

I saw an email from a mate where she said on an Iphone reply "sorry for the inconvience you can still enjoy the game as its still happening" not great but not terrible.

I think where this is a mess is maybe not PR but managing expectations, from what I know the whole safety system failure is only a small element of what is holding back the opening. The September opening was very very ambitious. When we announced the teat events back in 24th July that was a sign from the club to say we were on track, for us to have been on track from that point a number of stars were having to align, trust me.

I applaud the club for being ambitious but its that ambition thats landed them in this so called PR messy spot

Well said. I think DC's email response is very poor however. Sorry, she should just suck it up and apologize profusely again. I agree, I am not up for supporting the whingers (we've all been inconvenienced) but again, the club has to be smart smart smart right now because there isn't any wriggle room.

United are at home that weekend, so we can’t.

I’m not sure the police will be too happy havin two big games one weekend?

City wouldn’t want it either
But it’s the clubs problem to manage
If the issue is data cabling of the fire system it’s a case of testing the circuits and recommissioning
It’s a big job but not rocket science
Assume that’s somewhere near right city should be a doable home game

Well said. I think DC's email response is very poor however. Sorry, she should just suck it up and apologize profusely again. I agree, I am not up for supporting the whingers (we've all been inconvenienced) but again, the club has to be smart smart smart right now because there isn't any wriggle room.

What email is this?

City wouldn’t want it either
But it’s the clubs problem to manage
If the issue is data cabling of the fire system it’s a case of testing the circuits and recommissioning
It’s a big job but not rocket science
Assume that’s somewhere near right city should be a doable home game

Assumption here, but if it’s *just* the safety side of things and the rest is on track I can’t see it being postponed beyond the 28th......

So we are getting a refund if we not to choose to attend the alternative venue. That seems fair and in line with any other event I purchase a ticket for in advance that has to switch venue.

1/19th of the cost though does this mean we have abandoned the concept of a category A game?

Guess there’s little point in dwelling on the root causes, timeliness and communication as they are in the past, but the continued squeeze on the people actually committing to attending all home games (not including cup tickets, CL ticket pricing, charging the new WHL price to attend Wembley is leaving a sour taste for me. The tiny margins they are extracting have little impact on the corporation so it’s either a case of a detachment from reality (entirely plausible ticket Mr Levy’s income and bonus) or a lack of customer care. This is an unusual situation as the product I want to consume is supporting my club and that doesn’t really have a competitor regardless of performance or price but I think the club need to be careful as once the shiny new stadium has been around for a while the demand for seats, especially for lower categories / bricky sky scheduling is going to be lower and no cheese room makes up for empty seats in terms of atmosphere, especially if the team aren’t playing well.

Back