• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

The FA and Sky doesn't give a flying fudge about scheduling games, as long as they maximise the profits. We'll probably end up with eggball, rugby and Spurs scheduled to play at the same day.
I would imagine that the rugby match will be scheduled for a weekend when we are scheduled to play away. Thus giving the pitch a week to recover, which is ample time for a modern, well drained pitch.

Just by the nature of the UK, US Time difference any American football matches will take place in the evening. I think the games are also always scheduled for Sundays. So the match will take place after our game, with our pitch sliding back in on Sunday night and being ready and pristine again for our next home match (IMO we are likely to see the NFL fixtures scheduled to take place on same weekend as our home game where we have a clear week and then play away the following weekend, giving 9 to 14 days for the pitch to be back in tip, top shape after sliding back in).

Went inside for the first time today. Unfortunately I lack the vocabulary to properly describe how magnificent it is. I suspect that most people do.
Anyway, in the interests of doing my bit towards achieving the hallowed turf of 1000 pages, here’s some photos that I took today (assuming I successfully manage to upload them). And yes, I’m well aware that there bound to be thousands of almost identical ones out there!!
What I find most impressive about it is how they’ve managed to make such a large stadium feel small and compact inside. The noise is going to be deafening.

That was my overriding feeling too. Pitchside it felt small yet massive. I instantly got the feeling we will smash teams there. I maintain (as I have soften said) that "corners" and "angles" in East and West stands as they cut onto the Park Lane make all the difference, and almost make it feel like the old Lane on steroids. Sad that travel means I cannot at the first few games, but for those awaiting their first visit, not only will you be in for a treat, you will have the added joy of experiencing what I believe is a slam-dunk in terms of cracking vibe.

Courtesy of SSC.
D2M__11WkAAmJUv.jpg:medium

Back