• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I’m going to the NFL shame on Sunday back in the south stand, quite close to my season ticket seat

Will be very interesting to see how the atmosphere compares to football

I don’t know much about NFL at all so there’s a learning curve there for me too

I’m going to the NFL shame on Sunday back in the south stand, quite close to my season ticket seat

Prepare to be bored. Live NFL is actually incredibly tedious. You get 5 secs of action and then a long stoppage of up to 3 or 4 minutes at its worse with all the talk and huddle on the sides before another 5 secs of action. Rinse and repeat.

Prepare to be bored. Live NFL is actually incredibly tedious. You get 5 secs of action and then a long stoppage of up to 3 or 4 minutes at its worse with all the talk and huddle on the sides before another 5 secs of action. Rinse and repeat.

I agree with this. One of my best mates loves it and I've tried watching it but I want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon it's so brick. That said, anyone on the side of the Atlantic who loves it really seems to love it. They can watch hours and hours of it.

I'd criticise but I get my jollies from watching Spurs so everyone has their kinks I suppose.

Yeah I’m fine with that
I had tickets to see a game in Vegas when I was there years ago (college ball) but got hammered and didn’t make it

I agree with this. One of my best mates loves it and I've tried watching it but I want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon it's so brick. That said, anyone on the side of the Atlantic who loves it really seems to love it. They can watch hours and hours of it.

I'd criticise but I get my jollies from watching Spurs so everyone has their kinks I suppose.

I can't stand it but can watch cycling for 5 hours so yeah different horses for different courses

I watched the highlights of the game on iPlayer. Nice to see the stadium in the other setting with the lower pitch. Good thing about the highlights is you can FF them :)

I wonder how the food and beverage takings are? With all the stops in play, must be ideal for getting a beer...

I watched the highlights of the game on iPlayer. Nice to see the stadium in the other setting with the lower pitch. Good thing about the highlights is you can FF them :)

I wonder how the food and beverage takings are? With all the stops in play, must be ideal for getting a beer...
And the run time, what is it 3 hours? Then before and after sales, NFL merchandise.

Would be interesting to see how the numbers stack up, but also in relation to the boxing the other night.

I got into the NFL around 2001 when Spurs were crap. Thought it would be fun to root for a team that is successful and luckily my team the Bucs won the Super Bowl the very next year :D I follow it less these days but still watch the playoffs and the Super Bowl without fail.

Much like cricket, you'll get a lot more out of it with an earpiece for commentary.

If you're sat near a drinking group of fans you won't mind the gaps, many of them aren't even watching every play, they're having a party and there's a match on in the background.

NFL is a lot of single (or multiple) match ups happening all over the pitch. You probably won't see all of them, even if you've been watching it for years. The commentary will fill in the gaps and is usually in time with the replays on the screens.

Much like cricket, you'll get a lot more out of it with an earpiece for commentary.

If you're sat near a drinking group of fans you won't mind the gaps, many of them aren't even watching every play, they're having a party and there's a match on in the background.

NFL is a lot of single (or multiple) match ups happening all over the pitch. You probably won't see all of them, even if you've been watching it for years. The commentary will fill in the gaps and is usually in time with the replays on the screens.
I actually HATE it [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Used to be into it as a kid because of games like John Madden, I even went to a couple of London[emoji2961]Monarchs games at WHL but that's when I started began to realise how bloody tedious the whole sport is.

Which is something I've come to realise, all American sports have a good degree of tedium to them except Ice Hockey which I guess coincidentally is the closest to football.

I actually HATE it [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Used to be into it as a kid because of games like John Madden, I even went to a couple of London[emoji2961]Monarchs games at WHL but that's when I started began to realise how bloody tedious the whole sport is.

Which is something I've come to realise, all American sports have a good degree of tedium to them except Ice Hockey which I guess coincidentally is the closest to football.

Ice hockey is Canadian, which probably explains why it's watchable. It has offsides, it's action packed and has a natural flow. Baseball and handegg is tedious and drawn out, while basketball is just goals all the time. It's only really interesting for the last few minutes.

Ice hockey is Canadian, which probably explains why it's watchable. It has offsides, it's action packed and has a natural flow. Baseball and handegg is tedious and drawn out, while basketball is just goals all the time. It's only really interesting for the last few minutes.
That's exactly how I feel about all of their sports. [emoji28]

Don't get me wrong I love sport in general and a wide range of them, but the American ones are uniquely tedious.

Back