• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

How has the New Stadium changed the way Spurs is perceived?

- By us fans?
- By managers and players?

We're that impeccably groomed cad with a perfectly starched suite, we arrive in a glistening Porsche...but at the end of the night, we ask our date to pick up the tab! Sorry darling just waiting for the NFL funds to come through.

I don't know if fans would be talking us up for signing 45m players if we were in crumbling White Heart Lane still. Or whether the Super League would have added us, or if Conte would even give us the time of day. No we probably can't back up the good looks with a Gold Card shopping spree, but we have prospects!

Going to the stadium, it was borderline cute looking at the away fans dropping their jaws and genuinely being in complete admiration of the build. Away fans were taking pics of the stadium which says it all ... ive never taken a pic of any away stadium.

How has the New Stadium changed the way Spurs is perceived?

- By us fans?
- By managers and players?

We're that impeccably groomed cad with a perfectly starched suite, we arrive in a glistening Porsche...but at the end of the night, we ask our date to pick up the tab! Sorry darling just waiting for the NFL funds to come through.

I don't know if fans would be talking us up for signing 45m players if we were in crumbling White Heart Lane still. Or whether the Super League would have added us, or if Conte would even give us the time of day. No we probably can't back up the good looks with a Gold Card shopping spree, but we have prospects!
I might be in a negative spiral this morning and whilst I’ve long seen the revenue benefits of the new stadium I think pride and fan respect were probably higher the year we finished unbeaten at home.

Our CL participation is what grew our profile at the right time for ESL participation and could have financed bigger signings, but I accept that revenue is never guaranteed and the stadium would be able to finance those wages in a more robust way. Unless a global pandemic hits attendances of course!

The playing squad and manager need to catch up with the stadium, otherwise to use the car analogy it’s a Porsche body kit with a Ford Focus engine.

If they can set records for the amount of beer sold during an NFL game, just imagine what'd happen with a stadium full of rugger buggers!

Average length of an nfl game longer than rugby so unlikely.
Think NFL is 3 hours
Rugby is 80 minutes of play but with the video referee these days it’s getting onto 1hr 45 plus quite easily but still a fair way short.

Back