• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Weird as I have only ever seen them referred to as AWS (and even had to point out to a few people working with me that it stood for Amazon Web Services).

Their data centres are distributed in various locations around the globe. You can either be non specific or specific in terms of which regions you want to use and whether you want to use multi region for things like wide scale DR planning. I had various battles with CISOs over the years over using public cloud. Almost every time it has been due to a misguided belief that the company would do a better job of protecting it's IT estate than a third party. It was usually quite funny when asking the CSIO how much they thought we spent on information security in comparison to a behemoth like Amazon.

Yeah @Bedfordspurs has got this wrong, AWS have had considerable European capacity for some time, including data centers in London and Ireland.

No that’s not what I said... what they didn’t have was secure data centres in most countries suitable for Government as they were mainly in the US

They've been able to provide data centres in specific locations, suitable for government, for a long time.

They've been able to provide data centres in specific locations, suitable for government, for a long time.
Not UK government
Well no where I’ve worked, in that world for 4 1/2 years and they only off the go ahead about 18 months ago

Last edited:
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium named Venue of the Year

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has been named Venue of the Year at TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2020.

Now in their 11th year, TheStadiumBusiness Awards recognise a whole spectrum of achievements from across the venue industry, including events, fan experience, innovation, sustainability and technology.

Historically, the awards are announced at a gala dinner held during TheStadiumBusiness Summit, but in line with the restrictions on travel and gatherings, this year’s winners have been announced online.

Hundreds of nominations were whittled down to create the shortlist, judged by an independent panel of industry figures.

Our stadium was nominated alongside the following in the prestigious Venue of the Year category:

• Allianz Field, Minnesota
• Chase Center, San Francisco
• Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai
• Golden 1 Center, Sacramento
• Lord’s Cricket Ground, London
• Optus Stadium, Perth

At present, with football and other events no longer the priority during the COVID-19 pandemic, our stadium has been handed over to our NHS.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/april/tottenham-hotspur-stadium-named-venue-of-the-year/

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium named Venue of the Year

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has been named Venue of the Year at TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2020.

Now in their 11th year, TheStadiumBusiness Awards recognise a whole spectrum of achievements from across the venue industry, including events, fan experience, innovation, sustainability and technology.

Historically, the awards are announced at a gala dinner held during TheStadiumBusiness Summit, but in line with the restrictions on travel and gatherings, this year’s winners have been announced online.

Hundreds of nominations were whittled down to create the shortlist, judged by an independent panel of industry figures.

Our stadium was nominated alongside the following in the prestigious Venue of the Year category:

• Allianz Field, Minnesota
• Chase Center, San Francisco
• Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai
• Golden 1 Center, Sacramento
• Lord’s Cricket Ground, London
• Optus Stadium, Perth

At present, with football and other events no longer the priority during the COVID-19 pandemic, our stadium has been handed over to our NHS.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/april/tottenham-hotspur-stadium-named-venue-of-the-year/
And who said we no longer win trophies since being under ENIC's stewardship!

I see Leeds are naming a stand after Norman Hunter.

Forgetting any corporate strategy reasons not do it, who would be contenders to have a stand named after them at new WHL?

(Also whathappened to the statue of Bill Nick with the gates, did they go the same way as the cheeseroom??)

Last edited:
So Amazon look set to pay us the most money ever to name the stadium. WHAT WAS IT Levy said, right deal, right price, right time. Looks like he has played a blinder

Back