• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Thinking about it, though, I wonder if the stadium's hooked up to be a potential test vehicle for AWS cloud services for IoT-enabled fan experiences and things like that. That's the next step in terms of sports experiences worldwide - bringing digital innovation into the matchday experience and offering interactivity to attendees over massive WiFi networks. The Premier League hasn't yet seen the onset of that sort of thing, but it's getting there rapidly - and in the US, stadiums are being designed to specifically focus on the massive potential of digitally-enhanced sports experiences (SoFi Stadium, for instance). The age of the smart stadium is almost upon us.

By all accounts, our stadium fits into that category - it's potentially the first 'smart stadium' in the UK. I know we parterned with HPE for the WiFi at the place, and it's aparently cutting edge in terms of being seamlessly networked, available for over 60,000 attendees simultaneously and potentially usable for any number of innovations in terms of how attendees interact with live events. With the cashless system in place and the WiFi active, we can also potentially generate enormous amounts of user data that could help shape the future in terms of how organizations deliver sports experiences.

If AWS sees the stadium as a vehicle to test the next generation of interactive live experiences using IOT technology, then that sponsorship starts to make more sense. It could make them more money than the sponsorship would cost, especially if we also partner with them for the development of those digitally-enhanced live experiences.

I'd definitely take it, but it seems a little unlikely. Amazon are already world-renowned - they're about as recognizable as Google in terms of brand awareness, and are the largest Internet company by revenue worldwide. Doubt they need a stadium sponsorship on top of that, especially for 25m a year.

Now, individual subsidiaries of Amazon? Maybe there's a case for some of them individually (apart from AWS, which is similarly gigantic and well-known)...but it still seems a bit redundant.

If Jeff Bezos wanted to give money to us, though, by all means.
Well the lockdown has certainly given him a nice windfall, if Bezos is in the mood to treat himself to a new toy...

Thinking about it, though, I wonder if the stadium's hooked up to be a potential test vehicle for AWS cloud services for IoT-enabled fan experiences and things like that. That's the next step in terms of sports experiences worldwide - bringing digital innovation into the matchday experience and offering interactivity to attendees over massive WiFi networks. The Premier League hasn't yet seen the onset of that sort of thing, but it's getting there rapidly - and in the US, stadiums are being designed to specifically focus on the massive potential of digitally-enhanced sports experiences (SoFi Stadium, for instance). The age of the smart stadium is almost upon us.

By all accounts, our stadium fits into that category - it's potentially the first 'smart stadium' in the UK. I know we parterned with HPE for the WiFi at the place, and it's aparently cutting edge in terms of being seamlessly networked, available for over 60,000 attendees simultaneously and potentially usable for any number of innovations in terms of how attendees interact with live events. With the cashless system in place and the WiFi active, we can also potentially generate enormous amounts of user data that could help shape the future in terms of how organizations deliver sports experiences.

If AWS sees the stadium as a vehicle to test the next generation of interactive live experiences using IOT technology, then that sponsorship starts to make more sense. It could make them more money than the sponsorship would cost, especially if we also partner with them for the development of those digitally-enhanced live experiences.
AWS?

Amazon Web Services. World's largest cloud infrastructure provider - their market share's larger than Google, Microsoft and IBM combined.
Yeah I know of them but never seen them called AWS... they have a big problem in the UK with them which they sorted last year around their security
They had most of their servers on the states and lots of companies couldn’t use them because of a lack of security on the systems (don’t ask me what though) but that’s been sorted now

Last edited:
I'd definitely take it, but it seems a little unlikely. Amazon are already world-renowned - they're about as recognizable as Google in terms of brand awareness, and are the largest Internet company by revenue worldwide. Doubt they need a stadium sponsorship on top of that, especially for 25m a year.

Now, individual subsidiaries of Amazon? Maybe there's a case for some of them individually (apart from AWS, which is similarly gigantic and well-known)...but it still seems a bit redundant.

If Jeff Bezos wanted to give money to us, though, by all means.
It's a nice vanity sidenote for little more than loose change.

Plus, if anyone can deliver tophy's ....it's Amazon:D

Last edited:

Do you want @JPBB to burn down the stadium?

Yeah I know of them but never seen them called AWS... they have a big problem in the UK with them which they sorted last year around their security
They had most of their servers on the states and lots of companies couldn’t use them because of a lack of security on the systems (don’t ask me what though) but that’s been sorted now
Weird as I have only ever seen them referred to as AWS (and even had to point out to a few people working with me that it stood for Amazon Web Services).

Their data centres are distributed in various locations around the globe. You can either be non specific or specific in terms of which regions you want to use and whether you want to use multi region for things like wide scale DR planning. I had various battles with CISOs over the years over using public cloud. Almost every time it has been due to a misguided belief that the company would do a better job of protecting it's IT estate than a third party. It was usually quite funny when asking the CSIO how much they thought we spent on information security in comparison to a behemoth like Amazon.

Weird as I have only ever seen them referred to as AWS (and even had to point out to a few people working with me that it stood for Amazon Web Services).

Their data centres are distributed in various locations around the globe. You can either be non specific or specific in terms of which regions you want to use and whether you want to use multi region for things like wide scale DR planning. I had various battles with CISOs over the years over using public cloud. Almost every time it has been due to a misguided belief that the company would do a better job of protecting it's IT estate than a third party. It was usually quite funny when asking the CSIO how much they thought we spent on information security in comparison to a behemoth like Amazon.
I don’t work in IT but work in secure estates
lots of GOV bodies wanted to swap over to amazon servers but couldn’t for some time
It’s all sorted now

I don’t work in IT but work in secure estates
lots of GOV bodies wanted to swap over to amazon servers but couldn’t for some time
It’s all sorted now
Typically what stops it is an out of date bunch of policies that were written for the days before public cloud existed.

I remember once one of the IT security guys insisting that using AWS was in breach of our policy because we couldn't send our own official to physically inspect their data centres. The irony was lost on him that if Amazon allowed every company using their services to inspect their data centres then they would probably have the least secure data centres in the World. That was even before we'd got on to the comedy of me asking him "which datacenter''s exactly do you want to inspect" (seeing as we were distributed around several of them all over the world)

Typically what stops it is an out of date bunch of policies that were written for the days before public cloud existed.

I remember once one of the IT security guys insisting that using AWS was in breach of our policy because we couldn't send our own official to physically inspect their data centres. The irony was lost on him that if Amazon allowed every company using their services to inspect their data centres then they would probably have the least secure data centres in the World. That was even before we'd got on to the comedy of me asking him "which datacenter''s exactly do you want to inject" (seeing as we were to be distributed around several of them all over the world)
It was purely location again
I wasn’t involved but we were using google as the office suite, google drive as the storage but all stored on amazon servers... this was for info on MOJ and the UK police
As I kept on saying the issue so that everyone has phones with things on it that are easy to seen and ac..

Back