• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Great night. I am in the corner of West Stand and Paxton (508) and it was great to have singing all around us which rarely happened in the old West Stand. Not surprisingly the players seemed a bit nervy,snatching at chances or trying desperately to score the fist goal at the new stadium.it does already feel like home and the noise will really hype up for the big matches.

I agree with the others that the concourse 45 minutes before the game and at half time was absolutely heaving with massive queues for food, drink, programmes and toilets. I am sure this will be resolved for future games but feels like they need more organisation at the food outlets and perhaps entrances and exits for the toilets. We can maybe learn from Wembley for some of these. Not sure that the cashless thing really works for the programme sellers inside as the hand held controls seem to frequently lose internet connection.

All of these are probably initial teething problems and can be relatively easily sorted out over the next 5 games. All in all a great night and an all important win. Really proud to have the best stadium in England and possibly the World!

Felt a bit anxious in there last night, well I know I did, was a massive game and we needed a result. I think that always dampens down the atmos, so think there were times when it was a bit down, but when it was up, blimey the place is loud. Can see us getting into our pomp soon and the noise being deafening.

Looks like the travel situation was a bit of a nightmare after the game, we walked down to Bruce Grove and got a bus the the Hale, seemed to be ok.

My genuine concern is that the concourses for the concessions were rediculous and I can't see how they will be able to correct this.

There is just not enough space. I pretty much walked on every level and it was the same story every where.

I guess in future some people will revert back to drinking and eating outside the stadium if it continues.

Fingers crossed they come up with a system to accommodate the fans.

I think that people have pretty much access to the whole stadium bar the top floors has caused a little congestion and in future it may be the case that fans are restricted to their own "areas" of the stadium.

My genuine concern is that the concourses for the concessions were rediculous and I can't see how they will be able to correct this.

There is just not enough space. I pretty much walked on every level and it was the same story every where.

I guess in future some people will revert back to drinking and eating outside the stadium if it continues.

I think that people have pretty much access to the whole stadium bar the top floors has caused a little congestion and in future it may be the case that fans are restricted to their own "areas" of the stadium.

Queue for the bog in north upper was so bad it blocked people getting out of our block at HT. I never eat / drink in stadiums, the beer is cheap and the food actually looks good (I've had one Tottenham pie and it was nice) I think they care more about having people in early and staying after than during the game tbh, the transport links really are naff.

I sit in the South Stand Level 2, we found it easier to go up to the 3rd floor to use the toilets, concession stands etc

Was in a safe standing seat in South Lower, stood all game and the stewards said nothing - it was the gonad*s!

Bogs were good and easy to use, but the queues for drink were ridiculous, and blocked getting around the concourse. Hopefully just teething problems.
The bottom filling cups seem slower than the old pre-filled pints. Again, hopefully just teething problems as the staff get used to them.

So what's the deal with the turf? Watching the replay now and it really is cutting up something shocking. Chunks flying everywhere.

The commentary team say our groundsman has already committed to tearing it up and starting again at season's end.

Is it going to be a problem with the slipping and chunking for the remainder of this season, or is it an advantage for us?

So what's the deal with the turf? Watching the replay now and it really is cutting up something shocking. Chunks flying everywhere.

The commentary team say our groundsman has already committed to tearing it up and starting again at season's end.

Is it going to be a problem with the slipping and chunking for the remainder of this season, or is it an advantage for us?

Do you remember us at Brighton last season... they had a new ish pitch and after a storm we couldn’t stand up

They have to look at the advertising hoardings as it’s like being at a fracking rave now

That can’t help player surely if it’s in their eye line

I actually think there some pragmatic updates that could help. Mainly helping fans get what they need quicker. And stopping them needing to move about so much. In simplest terms - don’t run out of beer and have people moving around to different bars seeking it.

Then things like 2 women’s toilets next to each other in the widest part of the concourse (level 5 north) with the next Gents at the narrowest area of the concourse causing bottleneck queues. That could be easily sorted off season. Change one of the Ladies into a Gents. The ratio of men-women means it should be a no brainier.

Then the club need to be innovative around food and beverages. 1. Ensure there is means to re-stock or increase stock

2. Create some counters (like you get for programme sellers but wider) around the broad parts of the concourse selling bottles and non-hot food. All they need are fridges and card machines.

3. Set up more ‘intimate’ areas around the concourse - softer lighting spaces to have a beer. The ‘pub’ like areas are lovely but too few. There is space to create smaller ‘breakout’ spaces with mobile beverages.

4. Use the match time (and maybe pre-match) to pour pints and restock mobile bars ready for the rush.

Etc. Plenty of other little ideas. I’m sure the club are looking at it today.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I see Palace fans complaining about getting spat on from above and having stuff thrown at them. One fan was apparently identified and removed.

Was in a safe standing seat in South Lower, stood all game and the stewards said nothing - it was the gonad*s!

Bogs were good and easy to use, but the queues for drink were ridiculous, and blocked getting around the concourse. Hopefully just teething problems.
The bottom filling cups seem slower than the old pre-filled pints. Again, hopefully just teething problems as the staff get used to them.
Was great not to have the sit down issues from Wembley, all the stewards asked for was to keep the steps clear - it looked like someone was in trouble with the stewards in the Shelf though, there used to be a section where standing was more or less allowed but maybe they are clamping down on it as it’s not ‘safe’ standing?

Was great not to have the sit down issues from Wembley, all the stewards asked for was to keep the steps clear - it looked like someone was in trouble with the stewards in the Shelf though, there used to be a section where standing was more or less allowed but maybe they are clamping down on it as it’s not ‘safe’ standing?

I saw a steward (old boy) telling a few younger fans to sit down ... he was a little irate... but once the whole shelf stood up ... he was at a loss.

Back