• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

If we do have to play our first few games at Wembley that will mean no CL games at the NWHL this season which would be a shame

Apparently announced tomorrow that the first match will be at Wembley. Seems reasonable, presumably 1 home game gives us around another month to finish? Based on 1 at home 3 away?

What date does the Champions League start?

Apparently announced tomorrow that the first match will be at Wembley. Seems reasonable, presumably 1 home game gives us around another month to finish? Based on 1 at home 3 away?

After the international break. First group games are 18/19th September

Doesn’t this come under the “baseless speculation” that Matilda told us to ignore a couple of hours ago? Guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

AFAIK we are not allowed to use more than one stadium in a Premier League season. So it's either Wembley all season or new stadium all season. I'm not going back to Wembley for regular league matches.

The one stadium rule can be waived in certain circumstances and was put in place to stop sides moving grounds for different opponents or whatever

AFAIK we are not allowed to use more than one stadium in a Premier League season. So it's either Wembley all season or new stadium all season. I'm not going back to Wembley for regular league matches.
Me either. Or semi finals given my record!

It amazes me why people get so lathered up about playing one or maybe two games at another stadium before playing the remainder in the regular home ground.

This sort of game-shifting happens all the time in other leagues. NFL and NBA both play multiple regular season games in London. The NHL sends clubs to Europe and Asia now for regular season games. Baseball's biggest rivals - NY Yankees and Boston Red Sox - will play twice in London. None of those leagues have seen their competitive balance or integrity affected negatively. Most of the players quite enjoy it.

That rule about one stadium for all PL home games was put there - sensibly - to stop clubs from exploiting bigger grounds for matches against bigger opponents then shifting back to a smaller venue for the lesser sides that would have never filled a big stadium.

What Spurs have asked for, and what by all accounts seems to have been granted, is to have permission for one home game at Wembley - if necessary - before opening MegaLane soon after. The fact that Spurs have already played a season there probably gives everyone in the league more comfort about accommodating them for one more game.

No need to go diving down the well over that.

This is apparently a Premier League rule but by all accounts is a 'soft' one that could be repealed for our circumstances. I'm not entirely sure why it was written in the first place but back when the PL was incepted in 1992 ground shares were rife (Wimbledon at Palace, Charlton at West Ham). Now that the PL is the commercial entity it is now I can't see any circumstances, other than a stadium build delay or a disaster, why a club would ever need to play at more than one ground per season to try and gain a competitive advantage. In our case there's clearly no competitive advantage to be gained by playing a (couple of) home match at Wembley so I suspect there will be no issue.

It amazes me why people get so lathered up about playing one or maybe two games at another stadium before playing the remainder in the regular home ground.

This sort of game-shifting happens all the time in other leagues. NFL and NBA both play multiple regular season games in London. The NHL sends clubs to Europe and Asia now for regular season games. Baseball's biggest rivals - NY Yankees and Boston Red Sox - will play twice in London. None of those leagues have seen their competitive balance or integrity affected negatively. Most of the players quite enjoy it.

That rule about one stadium for all PL home games was put there - sensibly - to stop clubs from exploiting bigger grounds for matches against bigger opponents then shifting back to a smaller venue for the lesser sides that would have never filled a big stadium.

What Spurs have asked for, and what by all accounts seems to have been granted, is to have permission for one home game at Wembley - if necessary - before opening MegaLane soon after. The fact that Spurs have already played a season there probably gives everyone in the league more comfort about accommodating them for one more game.

No need to go diving down the well over that.

Agree with everything you say there - that's some nice perspective. But I will feel bloody annoyed if our game at Wembley is against Huddersfield and we draw 1-1.

Back