• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

WHL_83.png

This place is going to be epic on CL nights.

That looks well sexy.

What about the rumours that we wont be open in time, anyone know or did it all just come from the wind up letter in the Standard last week.

There is a massive amount to do. Are half the exterior panels in yet? But the club seem confident.

Now the weather is good and days long, we should see an acceleration of the exterior and roof. Three big stages we should see significant progression on within the next 2 months: Roof on. Exterior finished. Pitch in and tested. If so we'll be in well on time.

We'll be in on time.
If you see us working all night and all Bank Holiday and ten teams up on the roof, start panicking.

There is a massive amount to do. Are half the exterior panels in yet? But the club seem confident.

Now the weather is good and days long, we should see an acceleration of the exterior and roof. Three big stages we should see significant progression on within the next 2 months: Roof on. Exterior finished. Pitch in and tested. If so we'll be in well on time.

Weather good? this is England. Though I think some things should go up quite quickly now, also as long as the seats are in and the grass is there then we should be good for the first match. Does it matter if the toilets are not fitted we can tinkle in buckets for a few weeks.

We'll be in on time.
If you see us working all night and all Bank Holiday and ten teams up on the roof, start panicking.

I worked on bank holidays when I was labouring and when I ran my locksmith franchise. Whats wrong with working a bank holiday, it is just another day.

What about the rumours that we wont be open in time, anyone know or did it all just come from the wind up letter in the Standard last week.

That was from Martin Ball, a serial complainer. When not complaining about the Spurs' plans, he spends his time wandering around Haringey taking pictures of rubbish and complaining to the council about not picking it up.

All the statements from the club seem to suggest all is on time (albeit with a tight schedule) and that ticketed test events will happen in August.

The media seem to keep focusing on the request to start the season with away games. Given we had to request this earlier (March?), as a precaution, we will still presumably have to start the season with a series of away games. Expect the press to take this as evidence that we are behind schedule when the PL season schedule is announced.

That looks well sexy.

Did you mean to write sexy, or did you mean it actually looks sexy? I think it is well sexy too, but hate the word that everyone loves to use when spurs are, well, sexy, so why cant we all just say it looks sexy, and not sexy?

I know... However I just remind myself how much they have achieved in a year since old WHL was knocked down:eek: 12 or so more weeks left to get the stadium finished and ready might be just enough time. Will be ever so tight though

I guess the thing is with a stadium, if some of the pannels are missing, or some of the landscaping isn't done, so long as they can close off areas, and its safe, as Danish says, all we need are some seats and a pitch. A roof is probably a prerequisit too.

How, just HOW can that be ready in time? It looks like such a huge task

The roof isn't essential for games in August/September. Lay some turf and bolt in a few more seats and it could do a job next week...

All builds go through this cycle - 1) looks like nothing is happen for a long time at the start, 2) suddenly massive progress/looking well ahead, 3) appears to be lots of faffing/is never going to get done

How, just HOW can that be ready in time? It looks like such a huge task
I don't think there is much left really....

The South stand glazing (probably about a 2 week job if we dedicate the manpower to it).
The exterior panelling (another 2 week job and not actually even required in terms of the stadium being operable).
The remaining seats (could easily be done in around 2 weeks).
The roof cassettes (has looked a time consuming job so far but it only takes extra man power to accelerate. Can't see why it couldn't be completed over the next 6 to 8 weeks.
The sliding pitch. This is the only worry I have, as this is all new.
Some internal fit out (nothing challenging here)
Some completion work on the podiums around the stadium (no reason why this won't be complete by August).

Much of the above can be worked on in parallel.

Back