• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Northern Lights..

Is Reykjavik good ? My mate went there and when he came back I could tell he wasnt overly impressed. Said it was ok but didnt find a lot to do and thought he would have been better off spending the money on going somewhere else in that part of the world.

This. Its one of the most boring cities on earth

really? i know several people who have been and all have given it glowing reviews - especially the women there

One of the best threads I've seen on here for some time, there's lots of useful information, I've had a look at the auroraflights site, the evening trip looks great, it wouldn't even eat into my annual leave allowance.

This. Its one of the most boring cities on earth

It depends what you like to do. If you like outdoor activities I think you`d be hard pressed to beat Iceland. There is the Iceland airways music festival in November I think, I`d like to know why you found it so boring? I thought there was loads to do

It depends what you like to do. If you like outdoor activities I think you`d be hard pressed to beat Iceland. There is the Iceland airways music festival in November I think, I`d like to know why you found it so boring? I thought there was loads to do

I should perhaps qualify my statement

I did all the geyser tours, checked out the alien landscapes, Gullfoss and glacial treks etc

But none of these things were anywhere near the town!!!

I repeat, Reykjavick, is one of, if not, the most boring cities in the world

And to all those that have mentioned it NOT being as expensive as I claimed

I went to Iceland BEFORE the financial crisis in 2008. The GBP and USD exchange rates have almost DOUBLED post the crisis

Therefore, when I went there, EVERYTHING that you have paid for since then, is now HALF the price

Anyway. If you're an outdoors type, then I recommend a visit.

For the majority, however, I would give it a miss. You won't enjoy it, unless boredom is your passion.

I did all the geyser tours, checked out the alien landscapes, Gullfoss and glacial treks etc

I went to Iceland BEFORE the financial crisis in 2008. The GBP and USD exchange rates have almost DOUBLED post the crisis

Therefore, when I went there, EVERYTHING that you have paid for since then, is now HALF the price

Anyway. If you're an outdoors type, then I recommend a visit.

For the majority, however, I would give it a miss. You won't enjoy it, unless boredom is your passion.

My word man, what happened in Reykjavik!? Next time you're around, give me a ring. We'll sort it out, no worries. ;)

BA6imYrCQAA_S9B.jpg

How about renting a glass igloo and sleep under the northern lights !!!

Only just seen your reply Southstand and can see where you are coming from! If you are young and want a pumping nightlife e g clubs etc it is a bit limited. For me being an old fart I thought there was a good selection of bars and resturants etc for a pleasent night out. I also think the high cost of alcohol makes it prohibitive for the younger generation going out compared to the wild drunkeness you see in most cities and towns in the UK. Also when you went there it must have been well expensive, like I said a night out in Reyjavick now is about the same as you would pay going out in Central London. Shame you found it boring but if we all liked the same things and experiences life would be boring wouldn`t it?

Back