• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Non League Day

tw12yid

William Gallas
Every year when the September internationals are on there is an initiative to encourage fans from the Championship & Premiership to go and watch a game of Non-league. It is this Saturday lots of different clubs offering different ways of encouraging people through the gate. There was an article about it on the Spurs website http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/non-league-day-040914/ . As well as watching spurs i also watch non league regularly and will be watching my local team away at Dulwich Hamlet who are offering pay what you want on the gate.

Anyway if you fancy some football this weekend i'd suggest looking up to see what your local team might be offering up.

Back to my roots on Saturday to watch Enfield Town v Maidstone United. Had enough of the Premier League with all the money so I'm going to every home game this season.

Back to my roots on Saturday to watch Enfield Town v Maidstone United. Had enough of the Premier League with all the money so I'm going to every home game this season.

Where do Enfield play now? I used to go watch them when they played at Southbury Road, but they they moved out into Hertfordshire.

Where do Enfield play now? I used to go watch them when they played at Southbury Road, but they they moved out into Hertfordshire.

Me too.

Now down Donkey Lane just next to the David Lloyd centre off the A10/Carterhatch Lane end.

was just reading up. There is two team now! madness! Enfield Town FC and Enfield 1893 FC. And neither of them is the original team. And they even ground shared for one season. Cant believe Enfield town play the QE2 stadium. Our school used to use that with the other schools for the end of year athletics. And its been 25 years since i was there and it looks the bloody same. All crazy.

So they are only one promotion off the Conference. Im thinking of going now :) I used to go when I could not get an away ticket for spurs.

Go Hertford Town when I can. Won last Saturday in the FA Cup 3-2, drinking cheap lager standing and singing on the terraces, not quite the old shelf but still better than sitting in a silent crowd.

Going to Eastleigh v Forest Green on Tuesday 16th, that's a free one. Eastleigh are conference now, on the up!

Evostick First Division North
Warrington Town 3 Padiham 0 Att.210

Mid-table so far for the Town. FA Cup 1st qual round next Saturday home v Trafford, but s#d that its Stadium of Light for us \o/

Conference South
Hemel Town 1 Weston Super Mare 1
Att. 614

£10 to get in for adults. I went to a handful of Hemel games over the last couple of seasons. Last year Hemel won the division and got promoted to the Conference South. Yesterday was the first time I've seen them this year but you could noticeably see the difference in quality, the game was played a much quicker pace. Very enjoyable day.

I go and watch Maidstone. Was their performance as convincing as the scoreline suggests?

Hertford Town home this Saturday in the FA Cup, £6 on the door, free entry half time, £3 a pint, drinking on the terrace, and we've got more ghosts than you.

I go and watch Maidstone. Was their performance as convincing as the scoreline suggests?

Yes.

Didn't look great first half but were superior all over the pitch. Harsh red card for us but once it went 0-2 we gave up and Maidstone upped a gear or two and added two more goals. Looking good for promotion based on early results.

Back