1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

No Saggy-face thread?!?

Discussion in 'General Football' started by AdamB, 3 Feb 2015.

1. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Pat van den Hauwe

2. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Roman Pavlyuchenko

Out of those you attribute 3 to bottle so the rest we were beaten by better teams. In the 2-1 against Man United I would say that was a coin toss, game of two halves.

Anyway I still maintain that for the time Nev was playing and all this bottle or soft underbelly is over stated, you could not compare the Spurs teams of the 90s and early 00s to our teams of the 60s so its not like we had great players/teams and rolled over, we were and I maintain this, middle of the road clap trap at times.

Its easy to have a pop at a team like Spurs and talk about the history and compare it like we have comparative sides but in alot of those you mention we were underdogs.

3. MKSpur

MKSpur Gheorge Popescu

Or despite having Bale dragging us to 5th in AvB’s first season, the longer he exerted his influence the more flawed his tactical approach for this league became. I can accept they had different styles but blaming Redknapp for AVB’s second season yet discredit him for the first doesn’t make sense to me.

If I’m being polite it was always going to be difficult for the manager following Redknapp because he’d recorded two top four finishes and a CL QF in between, it’s much easier to take on a team under achieving and get the time to improve them. Usually that’s what happens but Redknapp wasn’t sacked because of his results.

DTA likes this.
  4. milo

milo Vic Buckingham Staff Member

That's going to be a tough commute from Sandbanks

Glenda's Legs and Seedy Ron like this.
  5. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Mauricio Taricco

Maybe Kevin Bond can help with the driving.

milo likes this.
  6. galeforce

galeforce Terry Dyson

7. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Michael Carrick